The Great Harewood Goal Accumulator Poll

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marlon Harewood is a fast player, especially given his 'bulk'

this is what I mean man. Crofty has probably googled a picture of him and come up with the opinion that he has no pace  :lol:

You're not condescending in the slightest are you?

The bloke has been pish for years. He's 30 years old and has only scraped over 100 goals in his career (including 5 in the past two years)

I know that by googling a picture of him, and f*** all to do with being 24 and following football since I was a nipper.

You think he's good because you once managed him on Championship Manager and he scored 87 goals for Forest Green in the Champions League don't you...

I've never played on championship manager tbh  :lol:

Xisco being written off at half-time against Hull was funny but this is ridiculous man. You really dont need a computer to see that Harewood has pace, I don't know where on earth you've gotten the 'no pace' thing from.

In this league he's pretty damn proven. That along with his mobility means I'm happy for him to be here. The fact you're bringing the Given incident into it is pathetic mate. Fact is, Carroll is currently our bst striker and with Lovenkrands likely to be put on the wing, this signing was a neccesity.

Mate I admit I'm probably wrong about Harewood but everytime I've seen him he's been like Shola but with even less effort.

Like I say, start with no expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Guest manomush

Marlon Harewood is a fast player, especially given his 'bulk'

this is what I mean man. Crofty has probably googled a picture of him and come up with the opinion that he has no pace  :lol:

You're not condescending in the slightest are you?

The bloke has been pish for years. He's 30 years old and has only scraped over 100 goals in his career (including 5 in the past two years)

I know that by googling a picture of him, and f*** all to do with being 24 and following football since I was a nipper.

You think he's good because you once managed him on Championship Manager and he scored 87 goals for Forest Green in the Champions League don't you...

I've never played on championship manager tbh  :lol:

Xisco being written off at half-time against Hull was funny but this is ridiculous man. You really dont need a computer to see that Harewood has pace, I don't know where on earth you've gotten the 'no pace' thing from.

In this league he's pretty damn proven. That along with his mobility means I'm happy for him to be here. The fact you're bringing the Given incident into it is pathetic mate. Fact is, Carroll is currently our bst striker and with Lovenkrands likely to be put on the wing, this signing was a neccesity.

he is shite if he scores 20 goals i still know that he is shite

Guest Roger Kint

Well by my dubious maths he has 15 games, 14 depending on the exact days of the loan. Based on our current scoring 7 would be like signing Ronaldo

He's not exactly 'lethal' is he? He'll cause bother and shake things up but he won't score a great deal.

I'll go for an optimistic 4.

If he can cause defenders problems which he should with his supposed pace and power, then that should open up the game for other attackers playing off him so it's not just about goals scored necessarily.

He's not exactly 'lethal' is he? He'll cause bother and shake things up but he won't score a great deal.

I'll go for an optimistic 4.

If he can cause defenders problems which he should with his supposed pace and power, then that should open up the game for other attackers playing off him so it's not just about goals scored necessarily.

That's what I was getting at. :thup:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

After his pathetic non performances against Forest and Doncaster he shouldn't get anywhere near a black and white strip again. I'd prefer to see him returned to Villa immediately to get him off the wage bill.

where did this 'no pace' thing come from? He's always looked quick enough to me. He certainly quicker than Carroll and Shola so it's a non-issue anyway.

He signed for Villa 2 years ago which is when he went downhill, given that he wasn't good enough for the first team. Shouldn't be a problem, we're in the championship.

I don't mind opposing opinions when they're not completely predicated on ignorance and petty grudges.

No arguing with facts though.

He's been a soul-drainer for the entire team.

I, like you was sure that he'd be valuable in the Championship

He's been a disaster and has dragged down other players with him.

The plummet in results have coincided with his arrival - NOT coincidental.

And guess what, still has the best goals to starts ratio at the club (miuns Nolan and Shola)  O0

One is better than none you mean

Sure - but like I said above, it's the oil and water effect on other players.

• 5 weeks later...