The Great Harewood Goal Accumulator Poll

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK - I'll rephrase.

0 because he's a lumbering, useless twat who knacked Shay Given.

I've never seen him turn in a decent performance. He has no pace, no ability to hold up the ball and no finesse. The fact that he will become our best striker is sobering. I can't see him scoring any because he has none of the attributes to become the type of player who will succeed in a team with no creativity.

I think he'll do ok but can't for the life of me understand why people would find it unbelievable that someone thinks he's shit given that he's done fuck all for 3 years. People need to get a grip and let people have their opinions without shooting them down for it. Ronaldo seems a bit of a prick when it comes to that kind of thing.

where did this 'no pace' thing come from? He's always looked quick enough to me. He certainly quicker than Carroll and Shola so it's a non-issue anyway.

He signed for Villa 2 years ago which is when he went downhill, given that he wasn't good enough for the first team. Shouldn't be a problem, we're in the championship.

I don't mind opposing opinions when they're not completely predicated on ignorance and petty grudges.

I will go for 3. I think he'll offer more for the team than the goals, and we'll continue to win, but he won't be a major goalscorer himself. You don't really see short term loans bag many goals in league football because by the time they have properly settled into the team, it is time to go again.

OK - I'll rephrase.

0 because he's a lumbering, useless twat who knacked Shay Given.

I've never seen him turn in a decent performance. He has no pace, no ability to hold up the ball and no finesse. The fact that he will become our best striker is sobering. I can't see him scoring any because he has none of the attributes to become the type of player who will succeed in a team with no creativity.

Could easily have said that about Shola before we got relegated. He was pissing it before his injury.

with Shola it would have been an accurate statement though  O0

Barcelona away ;)

Just pointing out you don't particularly need to be any good in the Prem to be good in the Championship. It helps, but it doesn't seem to be essential.

Marlon Harewood is a fast player, especially given his 'bulk'

this is what I mean man. Crofty has probably googled a picture of him and come up with the opinion that he has no pace  :lol:

You're not condescending in the slightest are you?

The bloke has been pish for years. He's 30 years old and has only scraped over 100 goals in his career (including 5 in the past two years)

I know that by googling a picture of him, and fuck all to do with being 24 and following football since I was a nipper.

You think he's good because you once managed him on Championship Manager and he scored 87 goals for Forest Green in the Champions League don't you...

The bloke has been pish for years. He's 30 years old and has only scraped over 100 goals in his career (including 5 in the past two years)

Havent checked it out, but official site has him down for 7 goals from 9 starts in the last two seasons for Villa. Thats not bad atall if true.

Havent checked it out, but official site has him down for 7 goals from 9 starts in the last two seasons for Villa. Thats not bad atall if true.

Plus about 45 sub appearances

this is what I mean man. Crofty has probably googled a picture of him and come up with the opinion that he has no pace  :lol:

I know that by googling a picture of him, and f*** all to do with being 24 and following football since I was a nipper.

You think he's good because you once managed him on Championship Manager and he scored 87 goals for Forest Green in the Champions League don't you...

Shola only scored his 50th league goal this season didn't he?  He's been crap his whole career and now people are desperate for him to be back.  Surprise, surprise players play better in worse leagues. 

Nice to see you've wrote him off already though.

I know that by googling a picture of him, and f*** all to do with being 24 and following football since I was a nipper.

Shola only scored his 50th league goal this season didn't he?  He's been crap his whole career and now people are desperate for him to be back.  Surprise, surprise players play better in worse leagues. 

A lesson when it comes to NUFC - start off with zero expectations and anything higher than that is a bonus.

Most of Harewood's career has been in the Championship though. But for one good season when West Ham came up, he hasn't been prolific even at this level. If Shola had spent most of his career in this division I bet he'd have hit 15-20 goals a season.

Most of Harewood's career has been in the Championship though. But for one good season when West Ham came up, he hasn't been prolific even at this level. If Shola had spent most of his career in this division I bet he'd have hit 15-20 goals a season.

Hughton claims to have done his homework having monitored the situation for a while now so I suppose it will be a good test of his judgement. I don't know a lot about him but we could do with a striker who gets in the penalty area and feeds off a target man. At the moment this job is being done by Nolan and if Harewood's not better than him then he should be put down.

I've never played on championship manager tbh  :lol:

Xisco being written off at half-time against Hull was funny but this is ridiculous man. You really dont need a computer to see that Harewood has pace, I don't know where on earth you've gotten the 'no pace' thing from.

In this league he's pretty damn proven. That along with his mobility means I'm happy for him to be here. The fact you're bringing the Given incident into it is pathetic mate. Fact is, Carroll is currently our bst striker and with Lovenkrands likely to be put on the wing, this signing was a neccesity.