Portsmouth to face administration within 3 weeks?

Neil

Saw a short item on Teletext where Paul Hart is supposed to have refused to answer questions about whether he was consulted about the appointment of Avram Grant.

More to the point was the Arab consulted? Employing a Jew is not going to go down well in some parts of that region.

• 1 month later...

Haven't paid their players again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8394092.stm

Portsmouth fail to pay players' wages for second time 

Portsmouth have confirmed some of their players have not received their November salaries, the second time this season they have not been paid on time.

A Pompey statement read: "The majority of the first team squad have not yet received their November salaries.

"A proportion of their wages will be paid on Friday, with the club's new owners working towards paying the remainder over the next few days."

The Premier League side's squad were also paid late for September.

That followed Sulaiman Al Fahim's takeover from Alexandre Gaydamak at Fratton Park, when Al Fahim promised to inject £50m into the financially-troubled club within a matter of weeks.

But Portsmouth were sold again in October, to Saudi business tycoon Ali Al Faraj.

Al Faraj acquired a 90% stake in Pompey, leaving Al Fahim as the non-executive chairman with a 10% stake.

Saw a short item on Teletext where Paul Hart is supposed to have refused to answer questions about whether he was consulted about the appointment of Avram Grant.

I feel sorry for Paul Hart but there is only 1 direction this is going. He will be out of Portsmouth by Christmas.

It can only have a negative affect on the club as a whole. Its like everyone, including people at Portsmouth, saw what was going on at NUFC last season - but then decided to take no notice whatsoever  :idiot2:

Good call. Could see it happening. "Champions league finalist or... Paul Hart? ......... go away Paul."

Guest neesy111

pompey should have been put in administration last season, they've got massive cash flow problems and shouldn't really be in business tbh at the moment

Just another club that Redknapp royally f***ed over.

Not saying you're wrong but I need educating on this and am willing to learn. At first glance it looks like he bought some canny players with money and on a budget made available to him by the owners, overall did the club eventually sell those players at a profit? And whilst he was manager they won the FA Cup. He's no angel by any means but what did he do wrong at Pompey?

Not saying you're wrong but I need educating on this and am willing to learn. At first glance it looks like he bought some canny players with money and on a budget made available to him by the owners, overall did the club eventually sell those players at a profit? And whilst he was manager they won the FA Cup. He's no angel by any means but what did he do wrong at Pompey?

Portsmouth probably made a profit on transfer dealings under Redknapp tbf.

The problem is the wage bill he tends to leave clubs saddled with.

At West Ham & Pompey he would offer whatever daft money he could get away with to get players to sign up. As you point out, the board have the ultimate say but at the end of the day people like Redknapp aren't daft. They know what a reasonable budget is for a club like Pompey but just bury their heads in the sand and splash money about like it's going out of fashion regardless.

The manager of a club should have more responsibility than that imo. I know we've missed out on players the manager really wanted because Moyes wouldn't go above the wage he thought the player was worth. I think O'Neil is the same.

Portsmouth probably made a profit on transfer dealings under Redknapp tbf.

The problem is the wage bill he tends to leave clubs saddled with.

At West Ham & Pompey he would offer whatever daft money he could get away with to get players to sign up. As you point out, the board have the ultimate say but at the end of the day people like Redknapp aren't daft. They know what a reasonable budget is for a club like Pompey but just bury their heads in the sand and splash money about like it's going out of fashion regardless.

The manager of a club should have more responsibility than that imo. I know we've missed out on players the manager really wanted because Moyes wouldn't go above the wage he thought the player was worth. I think O'Neil is the same.

Round here that's known as "ambition".