Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

:lol: Well that was fun. Genuinely can't recall us ever scoring three goals in four minutes before.

We've still got a job to do here though, and we're not actually playing THAT well... the midfield is a bit all over the place. But we're far, far stronger than them. We just need to make sure we don't concede a goal early in the second half. Concede early - and they're right back in it with a buzz about them. Carry on containing them and we should be absolutely fine.

There's absolutely no need to sit back and protect this but i know that's what will happen.

Have to say I'm a fan of this system. Something like the below would be canny.

Guthrie- Smith- Jonas

Nolan

Ranger  Carroll

Fucking hell, I forgot we had Jonas cos I sold him on Football Manager.

Ideal second half now would be for Hughton to see how the first 10 minutes pans out and if it still looks comfortable bring Haris Vuckic on for Butt and see what he can do.

As we really need someone who can unlock defences in our midfield - and he's supposed to be quiet brilliant too.

Oh and get Marlon on :cool:

Butt is like Messi.

Literally in another dimension when playing.

Unfortunately for us Butt's dimension is taking place ten years ago.

As for the game, we're not even playing that well, I wouldn't go praising any new systems yet, Ipswich have just been crap.

Guest frazernufc

Ideal second half now would be for Hughton to see how the first 10 minutes pans out and if it still looks comfortable bring Haris Vuckic on for Butt and see what he can do.

As we really need someone who can unlock defences in our midfield - and he's supposed to be quiet brilliant too.

Oh and get Marlon on :cool:

And for Butt to get injured

As for the game, we're not even playing that well, I wouldn't go praising any new systems yet, Ipswich have just been crap.

Good call. 

We've been given this game whilst looking rather average.  Still lacking that creative spark in midfield.

Until Nolan got that first goal Ipswich were shading it for me. The looked to have a more stable back line (mostly due to our lack of creativity), they were faster and more efficient playing it through midfield and looked more penetrating in the final third. Neither team was good though it has to be said. Then wham bam thank you ma'am, 3 goals in approx 4 minutes. When was the last time we did that?

Then it all turned off again. Boring stuff if you ask me bar that manic 5 minutes. Rangers header on about 40 minutes, commentator said he should be scoring from there but it looked a fine save by the keeper.

Butt is past it, effing hopeless. Also rash tackles giving unecessary fouls from a few of our lads, Smith, Taylor, Nolan. All in all though, worth watching just for those 3 goals in such quick succession. Even felt sorry for Keane.