Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Yeah he did.

"Finished as a top class centre forward, on the way down as a player" or something like that.

Wasn't a recent quote either and I'm fucked if I can find it.

Sorry, perhaps that means "he's shit" in some obtuse dialect of the moron language, but not in normal English.

What? :lol:

It was when he absolutely wasn't finished as a top class centre forward.

And? It still doesn't mean "he's shit".

World Cup 2010: Brazil star Melo names his son Lineker

Brazil's Felipe Melo has revealed he named his son after former England star and BBC presenter Gary Lineker.

"I gave that name to my son because I find it very beautiful, different... and an honour," Melo revealed.

"He was a great player, a big name in the national team of England and in the history of the English national team."

The 26-year-old Juventus midfielder is expected to be named in Brazil's side to take on North Korea on Tuesday in their opening match of the World Cup.

He added: "For me it's an honour to play under the gaze of so many great players of world football - Pele, Maradona, Lineker and other great players."

Melo, who will be winning his 19th cap for Brazil on Tuesday, has been compared to manager Dunga following his impressive displays in the holding midfield role.

"We have similar characteristics and that's important," Melo said. "Every team needs a player with a strong character to help out when a team-mate is in need.

"We have similar style, always working hard to steal a ball here and there. I never like to lose a challenge and he was like that too.

"Dunga dominated his position. I'm trying to learn from his experience and the tips he is always giving me. He has already won everything - I haven't."

Yeah he did.

"Finished as a top class centre forward, on the way down as a player" or something like that.

Wasn't a recent quote either and I'm fucked if I can find it.

Sorry, perhaps that means "he's shit" in some obtuse dialect of the moron language, but not in normal English.

What? :lol:

It was when he absolutely wasn't finished as a top class centre forward.

And? It still doesn't mean "he's shit".

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/There+Saint+an+escape+Claus.(Sport)-a0116375021

Guest BooBoo

Wow, I didn't think Owen could become more punchable but one look at that pic has achieved just that.

Why is so much being made of capellos "late" team selection? Most would have guessed that exact line up except milner being on the left wing wouldn't they?

Press being cunts.  Embarrassing, counter-productive, etc - they'll never change.

I don't know I'm quite surprised at how people here in the US is taking to the World Cup at least. The place where I watched the USA-England game was PACKED and it wasn't a popular football watching spot like, say, Nevada Smiths is. I see people in the streets in USA shirts and even the odd vuvuzela (sigh). The media coverage is pretty good and people around me seem to be at least curious about how the teams do. So far so good.

I don't know I'm quite surprised at how people here in the US is taking to the World Cup at least. The place where I watched the USA-England game was PACKED and it wasn't a popular football watching spot like, say, Nevada Smiths is. I see people in the streets in USA shirts and even the odd vuvuzela (sigh). The media coverage is pretty good and people around me seem to be at least curious about how the teams do. So far so good.

It's a shame the tournament has been so terrible so far then.

Aye, pity the tournament isn't being a good advert for the sport so far.

Honestly, I have always thought that international football is overrated but now I really feel it's definitely falling under club football in terms of excitement and quality.

Honestly, I have always thought that international football is overrated but now I really feel it's definitely falling under club football in terms of excitement and quality.

I was thinking before that it's a shame there will be lots of Americans being put off the sport for good after watching for example the Uruguay - France match.

Then I realise I don't actually care because if they haven't got the attention span or capacity to watch or care about the sport then I frankly would rather they kept the fuck away  :thup:

I was thinking before that it's a shame there will be lots of Americans being put off the sport for good after watching for example the Uruguay - France match.

Then I realise I don't actually care because if they haven't got the attention span or capacity to watch or care about the sport then I frankly would rather they kept the fuck away  :thup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8

Cesc is a grade A prick. My bro has talked to him and knows some of his mates and reckons success has gone way way over his head.

He's won one FA Cup and was a squad player in Spain's Euro 2008 success. He's achieved nowt yet.

hes one of the best players in europe. you dont need medals for that. far lesser players have cabinets full of medals.