Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest Heneage

Cesc is a grade A prick. My bro has talked to him and knows some of his mates and reckons success has gone way way over his head.

Any stories?...

Cesc is a grade A prick. My bro has talked to him and knows some of his mates and reckons success has gone way way over his head.

Any stories?...

Has never told me more than generic "he's a stuck up prick" talk but I'll ask him for details when I see him.

On the official website, the vote for your player of the season poll, loks like it might have sabotaged by people on here

1st. Jose Enrique 29.1%

2nd. Nicky Butt  17.5 %

He's won one FA Cup and was a squad player in Spain's Euro 2008 success. He's achieved nowt yet.

hes one of the best players in europe. you dont need medals for that. far lesser players have cabinets full of medals.

:thup:

Obviously champions league winning nicky butt was way better...

Guest Roger Kint

No he doesn't, the *2000 ones denote players who made their debut before 2000 but played minutes for us during 2000.

Ahh gotcha

* Fabio Capello's future as England manager will be on the line if they crash out of the World Cup on Wednesday.

* England's World Cup squad are unhappy with Fabio Capello's management style.

* Mark Hughes is being lined up as Fulham's next manager with Roy Hodgson set to take the Liverpool job this week.

* Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt has spoken of his disappointment at the departure of Rafael Benitez and pleads with Steven  Gerrard to stay at Anfield.

* Mikel Arteta will stay at Everton despite strong interest from Aston Villa.

* Bolton lead the race to sign former Manchester City winger Martin Petrov.

* Scott Parker is ready to pledge his long-term future to West Ham.

* Bolton are favourites to sign striker James Vaughan from Everton.

* Tottenham winger Adel Taarabt looks set to join Villarreal.

* Sunderland are hoping to sign Strasbourg striker Magaye Gueye.

* Newcastle want to sign Manchester City youngster Vladimir Weiss on a season-long loan deal.

* West Ham are poised to make a £3million move for Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux.

* Fabio Aurelio is set to join Marseille after being released by Liverpool.

* Alan Curbishley is Hull's first choice to take over at the KC Stadium.

* Middlesbrough hope to start the new Championship season with nine new players.

* Steve Cotterill is set to make former Burnley skipper Steven Caldwell his first signing as Portsmouth boss.

People

* Fabio Capello is ready to quit if England are knocked out of the World Cup on Wednesday - with Roy Hodgson on stand-by to take over.

* Ledley King could make a remarkable return for England against Slovenia on Wednesday.

* Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been given the green light to make a £20million bid for Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder.

* Fulham will talk to Mark Hughes about becoming their new manager - if Roy Hodgson leaves the club.

* Kenny Dalglish will consider his Liverpool future if the club make a move for Roy Hodgson.

* West Brom are closing in on a deal for Cameroon striker Pierre Webo.

* Birmingham will look to sign Brazil defender Michel Bastos with Paul Konchesky set to stay at Fulham.

* Newcastle want to sign Aston Villa defender Curtis Davies on loan.

* West Ham are hoping to sign Coventry goalkeeper Kieren Westwood to replace Robert Green.

* Martin Petrov is set to join Bolton on a two-year deal.

* Arsenal target Laurent Koscielny has begged Lorient not to price him out of a move to the Gunners.

* Sunderland are set to sign Schalke defender Heiko Westermann for £7million.

* Wolves have agreed a £1.75million deal to sign Nantes midfielder Guirane N'Daw.

* Stoke defender Ibrahima Sonko looks set to join St Etienne on a free transfer.

* Hull want to make Cardiff boss Dave Jones their new manager - but they aren't keen on paying a 'transfer fee'.

* Middlesbrough striker Mido is a transfer target for Polish champions Lech Poznan.

* Millwall are poised to make a £400,000 bid for QPR winger Lee Cook.

Daily Star Sunday

* Fabio Capello's reign as England boss could come to an end if his side fail to beat Slovenia on Wednesday.

* Rafael Benitez is already plotting a shock return to the Premier League - and would love to manage Manchester City.

* Valencia winger David Silva has admitted it would be a "pleasure" to play for Chelsea.

* Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain insists he will not join Manchester City.

* Manchester United and Real Madrid are both interested in signing Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder.

* Lionel Messi is desperate for Barcelona to sign Wayne Rooney.

* Chelsea have been told that Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is not for sale.

* Arsenal want to sign Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen.

* Everton are hoping to sign former Manchester City winger Martin Petrov.

* Stephen Hunt will join Wolves this week from Hull for £3.5million.

* Arsenal are hoping to sign PSV winger Ibrahim Afellay.

* Serbia striker Milan Jovanovic insists he will join Liverpool after the World Cup.

* Liverpool, Tottenham and Wigan all want to sign Sporting Gijon defender Jose Angel.

* Fulham midfielder Zoltan Gera has turned down a move to Fenerbahce.

Sunday Mirror

* Fabio Capello will resign if England fail to reach the knockout stages of the World Cup.

* Sven-Goran Eriksson is in line for a return to the Premier League with Fulham - if they lose Roy Hodgson to Liverpool.

* Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan is a transfer target for Tottenham.

* Everton will offer Steven Pienaar the chance to become the highest-paid player in the club's history.

* Alan Curbishley can end his two-year exile from management by taking over at Hull.

Sunday Express

* England's World Cup ambitions have been undermined by a row between the FA and assistant boss Franco Baldini.

* Sven-Goran Eriksson has declared his interest in replacing Rafael Benitez as Liverpool manager.

* West Ham are amazed that Everton turned down their bid of £6million, plus £1million if they avoid relegation, for striker Yakubu.

* Sol Campbell is deciding between a one-year contract extension at Arsenal and a two-year deal at Celtic.

* Manchester City will offer Joe Cole a £110,000-a-week deal.

Daily Mail

* England boss Fabio Capello expects to be sacked if his side fail to beat Slovenia on Wednesday.

* Fabio Capello is expected to call a crisis meeting with his players in the next 24 hours to discuss England's dismal performance at the World Cup.

* Liverpool should be able to announce their new manager this week - and his first task will be to keep Kenny Dalglish at the club.

Sunday Mail

* Aiden McGeady has decided it's time to leave Celtic for a fresh challenge.

* Craig Levein will ask the Scotland squad whether they want to use the Jabulani World Cup ball for their Euro 2012 qualifiers.

Guest Phil K

This is pretty crass and unfunny, but I needed to get it out of my system.

Sadly accurate at the moment, though.

Guest Phil K

Loans aint gonna get us anywhere.

If it led to signings, Im OK with that.

But it isn't is it ?

That Dutch lad from Chelsea I'd have loved here permanently.

I reckon he'll do well.

Loans aint gonna get us anywhere.

If it led to signings, Im OK with that.

But it isn't is it ?

That Dutch lad from Chelsea I'd have loved here permanently.

I reckon he'll do well.

Reads like a Karl Pilkington poem, that does. :thup: