Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Stolen from RTG

The Bundesliga club St Pauli, who have a reputation for doing things differently, included one of their media officers in the squad for Saturday's game against Hannover 96 due to a lack of fit defenders.

Hauke Brückner, 30, who works as a press officer for the alternative Hamburg club and has played for the Under-23 team, received a call from the coach, Holger Stanislawski, who told him to turn up at training "in one hour".

"Against Hannover we only have four fit defenders so it makes sense to bring in Hauke," Stanislawski said.

Brückner, who played 10 games in Germany's second division in the 2002-03 season, said his new team-mates were surprised to see him.

"When I walked into the changing room with my bag, the boys were staring at me, not really believing it," Brückner said. "They did crack some jokes but I know them well and after that everything was good."

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=572975#ixzz1EubRLDbh

From Opta Joe on Twitter

+1 - Leverkusen's win means Germany will have +1 CL place in 2012/13 after pulling ahead of Italy in the country ranking.

It's been coming.    The Bundesliga has been on the up for a while and Serie A is nowhere near what it was.

From Opta Joe on Twitter

+1 - Leverkusen's win means Germany will have +1 CL place in 2012/13 after pulling ahead of Italy in the country ranking.

It's been coming.    The Bundesliga has been on the up for a while and Serie A is nowhere near what it was.

Good. Bundesliga is possibly the best league in the world and I wish it was easily accessible in England. Well done Jormans!

I'm getting sick of all the pessimism surrounding our players, I wish people could just enjoy the rest of the season.

Yep. A few threads have become unreadable over the past week.

It's putting me off reading stuff like. I think the whole season ticket thing, and the sale of Carroll are what undoubtedly have triggered this reaction.

People need to remember that at the start of the season we were all expecting a relegation dogfight and now we're knocking on the doors of Europe, Carroll or no Carroll.

:thup:

Starting to dread players doing well now because I know it will lead to "well that's him gone in the summer then".

I don't really dread players doing well, just wish we didn't have to turn positives into negatives so much.

Starting to dread players doing well now because I know it will lead to "well that's him gone in the summer then".

I don't really dread players doing well, just wish we didn't have to turn positives into negatives so much.

Aye, exactly. We could finish in Europe yet, and it could totally influence the whole summer.

Aye, exactly. We could finish in Europe yet, and it could totally influence the whole summer.

But apparently finishing in Europe is also a negative thing, it's too many matches.  :lol:

But apparently finishing in Europe is also a negative thing, it's too many matches.  :lol:

Remember: extra matches in Europe increase injuries by 1000%.

From Opta Joe on Twitter

It's been coming.    The Bundesliga has been on the up for a while and Serie A is nowhere near what it was.

Massive blow for Serie A although it's only been a matter of time. Does it change in the summer? Hope Napoli still squeeze in this season, could majorly fuck some of the other bigger names in Italy.

It's putting me off reading stuff like. I think the whole season ticket thing, and the sale of Carroll are what undoubtedly have triggered this reaction.

People need to remember that at the start of the season we were all expecting a relegation dogfight and now we're knocking on the doors of Europe, Carroll or no Carroll.

Can we stick this on the end of every thread?

If someone can be arsed can we have a contract thread with names below & the known dates of when there contracts  end date. I cant be bothered!!!

1 GK Steve Harper

2 DF Fabricio Coloccini

3 DF José Enrique

4 MF Kevin Nolan (captain)

5 DF Sol Campbell

6 DF Mike Williamson

7 MF Joey Barton

8 MF Danny Guthrie

11 FW Peter Løvenkrands

12 DF Danny Simpson

14 DF James Perch

15 MF Dan Gosling

16 DF Ryan Taylor

17 MF Alan Smith

18 MF Jonás Gutiérrez

20 FW Leon Best

22 MF Stephen Ireland (on loan from Aston Villa)

No. Position Player

23 FW Shola Ameobi

24 MF Cheik Tioté

26 GK Tim Krul

27 DF Steven Taylor

29 MF Haris Vučkić

30 FW Nile Ranger

31 MF Shane Ferguson

33 GK Ole Söderberg

36 MF Greg McDermott

37 MF Hatem Ben Arfa

38 FW Phil Airey

39 MF Jóan Símun Edmundsson

40 MF Michael Richardson

41 DF Paul Dummett

42 FW Shefki Kuqi

47 MF Bradden Inman

Manager: Alan Pardew

Assistant Manager: John Carver

First Team Coach: Steve Stone

Development Coach: Willie Donachie

Goalkeeping Coach: Andy Woodman

If someone can be arsed can we have a contract thread with names below & the known dates of when there contracts  end date. I cant be bothered!!!

1 GK Steve Harper

2 DF Fabricio Coloccini

3 DF José Enrique

4 MF Kevin Nolan (captain)

5 DF Sol Campbell

6 DF Mike Williamson

7 MF Joey Barton

8 MF Danny Guthrie

11 FW Peter Løvenkrands

12 DF Danny Simpson

14 DF James Perch

15 MF Dan Gosling

16 DF Ryan Taylor

17 MF Alan Smith

18 MF Jonás Gutiérrez

20 FW Leon Best

22 MF Stephen Ireland (on loan from Aston Villa)

No. Position Player

23 FW Shola Ameobi

24 MF Cheik Tioté

26 GK Tim Krul

27 DF Steven Taylor

29 MF Haris Vučkić

30 FW Nile Ranger

31 MF Shane Ferguson

33 GK Ole Söderberg

36 MF Greg McDermott

37 MF Hatem Ben Arfa

38 FW Phil Airey