Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Bale is a good player but his hype is ridiculous.

Honestly i think the general public have gone from overrating him to underrating him now.....

Player gets insane hype from media thus receives so much abuse and becomes underrated.... it always f*cking happens and i think it's happened with Bale.

I think he's a pretty fantastic player and one of the best in the league but nowhere near as much the media hypes him.

He's not better than Ibra either.

As soon as I read that I got to about 8 players in this league alone who are better than him and I had pretty much just woken up.

As I said, I do think he is a really good player but 11th best in the world? Not even close :lol:

Honestly i think the general public have gone from overrating him to underrating him now.....

Player gets insane hype from media thus receives so much abuse and becomes underrated.... it always f*cking happens and i think it's happened with Bale.

I think he's a pretty fantastic player and one of the best in the league but nowhere near as much the media hypes him.

As soon as I read that I got to about 8 players in this league alone who are better than him and I had pretty much just woken up.

As I said, I do think he is a really good player but 11th best in the world? Not even close :lol:

Nah not what i'm saying i was just making a sweeping statement on Bale as a player he's not 11th best in the world i agree.

I feel he's a better player now ( much better actually) than when he got all that hype after the Inter games.

Good news - Bryan Ruiz will miss the game on Monday.

Thats fantastic news actually he's been their main creative source this season, one less player to worry about.

Just curious, but who do you think are the 8 better than him?

Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Suarez?

FourFourTwo has listed the 100 best players in the world.

Apparently Gareth Bale is nr 11, Rooney nr 10 and Zlatan nr 13.

I know my Swedish bias comes into play, but still. How anyone who's watched football in the last year can consider Bale a better player than Zlatan is not in my universe.

Rooney is light years behind Zlatan too.

Ashley Cole, Kompany, Tevez, Silva, Aguero, Yaya Toure.

Cazorla, Silva, Kompany, Hazard

You could go on and on really.

FourFourTwo has listed the 100 best players in the world.

Apparently Gareth Bale is nr 11, Rooney nr 10 and Zlatan nr 13.

I know my Swedish bias comes into play, but still. How anyone who's watched football in the last year can consider Bale a better player than Zlatan is not in my universe.

Rooney is light years behind Zlatan too.

Definately. I'd probably put Zlatan at nr 4 or 5 whereas Rooney would be around 20th.

He is most effective in a counter-attacking side. If you take that away from him I wouldn't say he is ordinary exactly, but you take away his best weapon. He hasn't got oodles to his game, really.

He's a diving cheat also.

I get what you mean like, in these lists you will get the odd dodgy decision, but putting Bale in at number 11 is taking the p*ss. There's 4 players who are arguably on par/better than him in our squad.

Not sure about that.... even Ben Arfa while infinitely more talented is not as good as him when it comes to consistency and effectiveness.

That's mainly due to Pards shackling him but still even ignoring that.... what 4 did you have in mind?

Think Bale would walk into our starting eleven tbh.

I get what you mean like, in these lists you will get the odd dodgy decision, but putting Bale in at number 11 is taking the p*ss. There's 4 players who are arguably on par/better than him in our squad.

Not sure about that.... even Ben Arfa while infinitely more talented is not as good as him when it comes to consistency and effectiveness.

That's mainly due to Pards shackling him but still even ignoring that.... what 4 did you have in mind?

Nah, I'd rather have Jonas.

Coloccini, HBA, Ba & Cisse.

I don't buy that HBA isn't consistent like, other than the past couple of games before his injury he looked nothing short of superb.

Bale would obviously walk into our XI like.

Bale is class at what he does but to me he lacks craft and guile.

When there's space in front of him there are very few in Europe you'd less rather be up against, he can be absolutely devastating. But I'd question how we'll he'd play for one of the very best sides in Europe, sides who will come up against opposition just looking for a point and having 9/10 players behind the ball and thus minimising space to run into.