Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

65% - Newcastle United have hit the target with 65% of their shots, the best rate in the Premier League. Tuned.

Harper probably has the worst save to shot ratio though to even that up.

I'm sure I read a tweet that we've allowed the least number of shots on target (6) in the PL.

So 4 goals from 6 shots against pretty much backs that up.

65% - Newcastle United have hit the target with 65% of their shots, the best rate in the Premier League. Tuned.

I'm sure I read a tweet that we've allowed the least number of shots on target (6) in the PL.

Think it was only 5 shots on target mate so it's even worse.

He should have saved Giggs' volley like but I don't know about the rest.

Two years ago today, that most of us had a terrible day I imagine. KK resigned... :(

Still a bit sad about that as I wasn't able to support the side in the 90s, but still very happy that I've been at his last home game (vs. Bolton).

Wow, Blackpool played a friendly ''mid-season'' against some Latvian side today, for the opening of their new stadium.  Seems a bit odd (probably should be in the Other Games Today thread)

I think it's actually pretty smart. They've got a lot of new players, they need time to work together.

Wow, Blackpool played a friendly ''mid-season'' against some Latvian side today, for the opening of their new stadium.  Seems a bit odd (probably should be in the Other Games Today thread)

Sure their old (possibly current) owner used to be from that neck of the woods.

FORMER Newcastle United striker Paul Robinson staked his claim to win a deal at Hayes & Yeading by scoring for the reserves yesterday.

Robinson, who has been training with Hayes & Yeading for the past three weeks, notched from the penalty spot in a 3-2 home victory over Staines Town with Daniel Wishart and Ivailo Dimitrov also on target.

The 31-year-old has been without a club since leaving Maidenhead United at the end of last season so he would be free to sign for Hayes & Yeading outside the transfer window.

Robinson is famed in the north-east for being the man who Ruud Gullit selected in front of Alan Shearer for Newcastle's derby clash with Sunderland in 1999, a move which cost the Dutchman his job.

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-london-sport/hayesandyeading/2010/09/02/ex-newcastle-striker-makes-scoring-start-in-bid-to-win-new-deal-113046-27189213/

Its 6 without the goals. So conceded 4 from 10 sot in 3 games, still joint best with chelsea and Man u for sot against. Impressive though, especially as 7 came from Man utd.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/09/03/what-have-campbell-gosling-ben-arfa-and-tiote-got-in-common/

And there is already talk of Newcastles new targets in January, with Newcastle United supporter, Per Ciljan Skjelbred of Rosenborg, seemingly still on the Tyneside clubs radar screen.

And if we are talking about players who want to play for Newcastle, weve been linked with this Norwegian International for over two years now, and hed swim across the channel to play for his favorite club the team he has supported since he was a boy.