Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest Heneage

My mate went to see it filmed (he literally had nothing better to do) and he said Rooney had to get the 'script' out of his pocket before every single take. :lol:

Does that mean his mundane delivery is scripted or just what he says?

Jagielka out for a month, damn.

Heitinga should slot in or is he injured?

Injured and doesn't want to be here. We might get to see a bit of Tony, get in!

Ouch, massive blow for you guys.

How come Heitinga is unhappy?

Don't know for sure but seems to think he has a right to be starting every game. Last season he got increasingly better but this season he hasn't looked interested. Also said he was rather pleased when other teams (Bayern, apparently) expressed an interest, albeit they were probably just rumours. No space for people like that.. but if we can get him back quickly we may have no choice.

Don't know for sure but seems to think he has a right to be starting every game. Last season he got increasingly better but this season he hasn't looked interested. Also said he was rather pleased when other teams (Bayern, apparently) expressed an interest, albeit they were probably just rumours. No space for people like that.. but if we can get him back quickly we may have no choice.

When does Cahill go away? [/too lazy to look]

http://www.footballfancast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/David-Bellion.jpg

http://www.inthestands.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/taibi.png

I could add Veron, Forlan etc but they've been better elsewhere

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/23/david-bernstein-mike-ashley-football-association

One of the great qualities of David Bernstein, the man soon to be confirmed as chairman of the Football Association, is his emollient nature. "Not a table thumper," as one person described him yesterday. The FA board held this in high regard since consensus is often something it has in short supply.

But one major player in English football might disagree with that description of Bernstein's attributes: Newcastle United's owner, Mike Ashley. In 2007 Bernstein criticised Ashley's attempts to sack the board of the Blacks Leisure group, of which Bernstein is chairman. Ashley was acting from his position as owner of Sports Direct, a minority shareholder in Blacks, and he never went through with his coup. But their relationship was explosive. In June 2007, shortly after his Newcastle acquisition, Ashley met Bernstein at the Landmark Hotel to discuss the sale of one of the Blacks subsidiary brands. Bernstein said the meeting was "entirely amicable". But his perception of Ashley's mood appears to have been quite wrong.

Legal letters from Freshfields – the firm Chris Mort, Newcastle's first chairman under Ashley, worked for – ensued. One of them detailed the threat to oust the board, with a four‑hour ultimatum attached. It was the last straw for the normally complaisant Bernstein. Ashley was being, in Bernstein's words, "heavyweight, disruptive, bullying and upsetting to employees", and accused of "a major issue of corporate governance".

The progressives who want corporate-governance reform at the FA might draw courage from that. But although a Sports Direct spokesman did not return Digger's call yesterday to see whether the past three years had changed Ashley's view, there can be no guarantees Newcastle will support him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/23/david-bernstein-mike-ashley-football-association

One of the great qualities of David Bernstein, the man soon to be confirmed as chairman of the Football Association, is his emollient nature. "Not a table thumper," as one person described him yesterday. The FA board held this in high regard since consensus is often something it has in short supply.

But one major player in English football might disagree with that description of Bernstein's attributes: Newcastle United's owner, Mike Ashley. In 2007 Bernstein criticised Ashley's attempts to sack the board of the Blacks Leisure group, of which Bernstein is chairman. Ashley was acting from his position as owner of Sports Direct, a minority shareholder in Blacks, and he never went through with his coup. But their relationship was explosive. In June 2007, shortly after his Newcastle acquisition, Ashley met Bernstein at the Landmark Hotel to discuss the sale of one of the Blacks subsidiary brands. Bernstein said the meeting was "entirely amicable". But his perception of Ashley's mood appears to have been quite wrong.

Legal letters from Freshfields – the firm Chris Mort, Newcastle's first chairman under Ashley, worked for – ensued. One of them detailed the threat to oust the board, with a four‑hour ultimatum attached. It was the last straw for the normally complaisant Bernstein. Ashley was being, in Bernstein's words, "heavyweight, disruptive, bullying and upsetting to employees", and accused of "a major issue of corporate governance".

The progressives who want corporate-governance reform at the FA might draw courage from that. But although a Sports Direct spokesman did not return Digger's call yesterday to see whether the past three years had changed Ashley's view, there can be no guarantees Newcastle will support him.

Bernstein's a cunt.

Diouf attacks Carragher

El-Hadji Diouf has launched a scathing attack on former Liverpool team-mate Jamie Carragher, claiming the Reds defender has "done nothing with his life".

There is little love lost between the pair with Carragher highly critical of Diouf during his two years at Anfield.

Former England international Carragher criticised the Blackburn forward in his autobiography, saying Diouf didn't care about winning or losing.

"In all my years at Anfield, I have never met a player who cared less about winning or losing. His name - along with Salif Diao - still makes even the toughest Liverpudlians shudder with fear," Carragher wrote.

Diouf has now issued his riposte, mocking the talent and personality of Liverpool hero and stalwart Carragher

"If Liverpool had ten players like Carragher then they would never win anything," Diouf is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"Carragher, for me, is nothing. He's like a make of ketchup or mustard to a normal person: not important. I played for Liverpool for two years and Carragher never spoke to me. That's life - some people are like that. We didn't have a team at Liverpool. We had the English somewhere and the French boys somewhere. If it's like that - you can do nothing together.

"Carragher is just a guy who loves to talk, but Caragher doesn't sell papers, Carragher doesn't sell shirts."

Jealous

Diouf puts Carragher's attack on him down to jealousy, insisting the former England defender never liked the money or attention that followed Diouf from France and his success at the 2002 World Cup.

When assessing Carragher's evaluation of him as a player, Senegal international Diouf insists he prefers to listen to Pele and Diego Maradona, who both once named him in the world's top 100 players.

"When I played at Liverpool, Carragher could have talked to me then, but he didn't. He was jealous of me - that's why he talked about me. Because when I came to Liverpool, I earned more than him and I was a bigger name than him. I took my country to the World Cup and to the finals of the African Nations Cup.

"So Carragher can't criticise me because, to me, he has done nothing with his life. I'm not going to listen to what Carragher says. I listen to the big men, the greats of football."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6608532,00.html

No way man. Think of the initial cost of Hargreaves coupled with the mountainous medical bill. He's probably on a fairly big wage as well.

http://i54.tinypic.com/9u2b6f.jpg

That´s pretty shocking  :undecided:

I wasn't aware he made that many appearances in his first season, but after that it's mental :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He was pretty good that first season, but he's always been a bit injury prone, even when he was in Germany. Though obviously not this serious.

Hargreaves must be among the worst buys in eternity for Manyoo.

Cashwise yes. Preformance wise nah he played well in that 1st season

William Prunier who was Cantona mate is the worst player I have seen play for MUFC.

http://www.catflapfootball.com/uploads/f94afbf0-e735-4fa8-9bca-8bf309983897.jpg

He looked decent in his 1st game, 2nd game got done over by Spurs & it was GOODBYE.

Djemba-Djemba was so bad they named him twice.

Klberson was another bad one.  Main thing I remember about him was his wife was very young.