Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest Heneage

You are aware that Rossi was not only picked against Romania but was made captain right?

Right now he's in the selection radar but hasn't always been in the squad that's because his forms been questionable. However it picked up lately and he was rightly picked, I'd argue that being left out does the same thing it did to Carroll when he was dropped against City.

Even by not always being selected it benefits him more than being guranteed a spot like Donovan is. The whole love-in for him I'd say has done him no favours whatsoever and it came across in the 2006 WC documentary where he said 'I could have made it in Germany if I'd wanted to.'

He's had no one challenge him some players need that. US may be on the rise but the two are still miles apart. As for going backwards, I can't see it personally, there is huge potential coming through could you really see this team below getting beat by the USA?

Buffon

Santon      Chielleni      Bonnuci    Criscito

De Rossi      Aqualani

Balotelli                Rossi              Cassano

Pazzini

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The fact he'd be one of the very best American players (ever), yet he's 'not even a stable figure in the Italy squad' surely negates your point about the US overtaking Italy?

Well, not really, not when squad politics is an issue with the Italy team, that has kept most young players out of the team until very recently.

Guest Heneage

Yes, but by the time 2012 and 2014 is around not one of those will be a 'young player' a standard you haven't actually defined and is a little wide of the mark considering Rossi and Balotelli have played recently.

Guest Heneage

Your coaching eye has deserted you if you think the US is on the rise and or that they are a better prospect internationally than Italy.

I admit the politics you speak of existed once upon a time and that often it was age over talent sometimes but Prandelli isn't interested in that I'd argue the future is much brighter than that of some even Holland.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ho'way, man, I've said twice already 'UNTIL VERY RECENTLY', I've said things have changed, but I think its going to be too late. He's trying to build and bond a whole unit of players together from beginning, he has no core to build around and add bits to. Team Chemistry and Cohesion is the most important part of a World Cup squad.

How is stoppage time currently calculated?

Not sure if this is already being implemented in some form or another, but if when the referee sees stoppage he starts a stopwatch which is remotely linked to the fourth officials/TV broadcasters screens, then we can see how stoppage time accrues and there will be transparency at Old Trafford for example.