Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

A football club in England's third tier is offering fans the chance to pay £15,000 for a season ticket - making the seats the most expensive in the country.

Peterborough United supporters willing to fork out the cash get a padded seat in the directors' box, a three-course carvery before each game and the title of Honorary Director.

But even the League One club's director of football, Barry Fry, is not convinced it will sell.

"The chairman is full of bright ideas. I think this is doomed to fail to be honest, but he has a go. You can't knock him," he said, laughing.

"I did have a word with him when he came up with this, and I said: 'I think you have to make it more attractive and say if we are doing well we ask the gaffer to put them on the pitch for five minutes as (a) substitute!'"

The chief executive says it is all a bit fun aimed at offering the wealthiest supporters something different while boosting the club's coffers.

Ten of the tickets will go on sale next week.

For most fans, season tickets have been frozen at £450 maximum for the next two years.

The Chairman's Choice ticket is the most expensive in the country by a long way.

Arsenal's season ticket is next priciest is at £1,825, while Chelsea fans pay £1,210 and Manchester United supporters £931.

The question is whether anyone will actually pay £15,000.

"If I had the money and could afford it, I would probably do it," said one man in the city.

But there were those who disagreed.

One shop worker was horrified.

"It's disgusting if people have that sort of money to waste," he said.

The club is also offering 75-year season tickets for a one-off payment of £12,000.

did anyone see Look North's story about a cleaner to Steve Harper and David Healy stealing their wives' jewellery?  Obviously the story needed to be accompanied by a video clip, so they chose Harper.  What one did they use?  No, not one of him making a quality save, not one of him standing as play was taking place or taking a goal kick.  No, they chose to show the clip of him giving Danny Simpson an absolute bollocking after Lennon's equaliser against Spurs this season.  :lol:

He is a horrible bastard him & his players get away with way to much.. I hope the FA grow some balls and rfk him up. Ban him from the dugout for the rest of the season.

:lol:

Ban him for the entire season for calling the ref a wanker, that's a bit strong.

Not an entire season just the rest of this one... how many times is this he has been charged for slagging off refs ?

He is not learning so they need to comes down hard on him.

He is a horrible bastard him & his players get away with way to much.. I hope the FA grow some balls and rfk him up. Ban him from the dugout for the rest of the season.

:lol:

Ban him for the entire season for calling the ref a wanker, that's a bit strong.

Not an entire season just the rest of this one... how many times is this he has been charged for slagging off refs ?

He is not learning so they need to comes down hard on him.

I meant the rest of this one. Still think being banned for 3 months for calling out a ref is extreme, when you have knob ends like Neil Lennon at Celtic starting fights left right and centre, and only getting 6 game bans.

I love how Fergie thinks that a "strong referee" is one that favours Man U.  In fact he got a strong referee who was willing to make the ballsie call to award a Penalty which would probably decide the game. 

He says he want's an unbiased referee, and then trys to bias the process, and the referee, to call the game in his favour.

The FA/PL needs to act on his outburst and suspect him for a couple of games - he has a suspended sentance hanging over him too from previous outbursts.

I love how Fergie thinks that a "strong referee" is one that favours Man U.  In fact he got a strong referee who was willing to make the ballsie call to award a Penalty which would probably decide the game.  

He says he want's an unbiased referee, and then trys to bias the process, and the referee, to call the game in his favour.

The FA/PL needs to act on his outburst and suspect him for a couple of games - he has a suspended sentance hanging over him too from previous outbursts.

What does that involve? Officials going to the next Man Utd games with contemplative expressions, turning to each other and going "Hmm.... I think he's onto something, you know..."? O0

On paper, if found guilty he'll at first serve the remainder of a four match ban he got for talking shit about Alan Wiley (two matches left) and then any additional bans he might be handed for this offense. Now watch him get out of it for no apparent reason.

Hull City planning on building a new stadium apparently -

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Undefined-Headline/article-3288016-detail/article.html

Seems like a completely daft idea, mind you seems like it is a bit of an idol threat from their owner.

Hope they build it, realise they would never fill 40,000 seats and then nearly go bankrupt again, scummy club

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Undefined-Headline/article-3288016-detail/article.html

Seems like a completely daft idea, mind you seems like it is a bit of an idol threat from their owner.

Hope they build it, realise they would never fill 40,000 seats and then nearly go bankrupt again, scummy club

When i went i thought their stadium was decent...

When i went i thought their stadium was decent...

They don't own it though.