Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

4 appearances in 3 years.  :lol:

It's funny in a way, but it's kind of a shame to be honest. He's getting megamoney which is great, but it must be really frustrating and depressing for him. Not to mention how much of a loss he's been for England, it's his fault we've had to witness 4 years of Gareth fucking Barry.

Carroll - Loves him as a player, great left foot, can be anything he wants to be etc. Says Carroll asked him for the number 9 shirt a long time before he got it. Says the fee was too much to resist and it was great business

Thinks Newcastle should spend a few years as a stable PL club but have the basis to push on.

Well at least that knocks on the head the ludicrous theory some still trot out, that Pardews appointment was in part down to Hughtons greater reluctance toward any deal for Carroll.

huh? the rumour, as you called it, was actually that pardew was brought in as ashley thought it would make it easier to flog players, specifically the higher earners, to reduce the wage bill and make the club more attractive to buyers in the future. this was a "rumour" that came from golfmag when he mentioned that pardew was being lined up weeks before the media got a sniff of anything going on. hughton's comments don't have the slightest bearing on whether or not there was any truth to that.

huh? I niether called it a "rumour", nor was I in any way referring to any of Golfmags 'revelations'.

I was in fact simply harking back to a number of people who said at the time of Carrollgate that Pardew was in no small part brought in to dance like a puppet and go along with his sale, as opposed to Hughton who'd have kicked up a stink. Now that Hughton, as with every other commentator it seems, has said he'd also have sold him, that theory has indeed been shown to be bollocks.

Carroll - Loves him as a player, great left foot, can be anything he wants to be etc. Says Carroll asked him for the number 9 shirt a long time before he got it. Says the fee was too much to resist and it was great business

Thinks Newcastle should spend a few years as a stable PL club but have the basis to push on.

Well at least that knocks on the head the ludicrous theory some still trot out, that Pardews appointment was in part down to Hughtons greater reluctance toward any deal for Carroll.

huh? the rumour, as you called it, was actually that pardew was brought in as ashley thought it would make it easier to flog players, specifically the higher earners, to reduce the wage bill and make the club more attractive to buyers in the future. this was a "rumour" that came from golfmag when he mentioned that pardew was being lined up weeks before the media got a sniff of anything going on. hughton's comments don't have the slightest bearing on whether or not there was any truth to that.

huh? I niether called it a "rumour", nor was I in any way referring to any of Golfmags 'revelations'.

I was in fact simply harking back to a number of people who said at the time of Carrollgate that Pardew was in no small part brought in to dance like a puppet and go along with his sale, as opposed to Hughton who'd have kicked up a stink. Now that Hughton, as with every other commentator it seems, has said he'd also have sold him, that theory has indeed been shown to be bollocks.

fair enough, for some reason i typed out rumour when i meant to write theory.

semantics aside, this "theory" as i should've said, comes directly from golfmag's statement that pardew's been brought in for that kind of reason. nothing hughton has said has any bearing on that. what matters is whether or not ashley thought, at the time, that getting pardew in would make selling players easier (whether or not that, in reality, is true). think i'll trust golfmag's source on that issue, after all, he nailed the hughton-pardew change weeks before anyone else had a clue.

Guest toonlass

Barca and Real's tickets are ridiculous in comparison to Chelsea like . I had to pay €40 to watch a friendly at the Nou Camp.

Someone hold a gun to your head like?

Barca and Real's tickets are ridiculous in comparison to Chelsea like . I had to pay €40 to watch a friendly at the Nou Camp.

Bit ironic considering your comments on your season ticket.

Guest toonlass

Not really. In fact hardly comparable at all. Newcastle are my team. I wouldn't pay €40 to watch them in a friendly match. I've been a season ticket holder for years, it's not like it's a one off game. I'm being moved, to another seat, I still don't know where in the ground. And for the privilege I've got to pay more, even though i'd prefer to stay where I am.

Not really. In fact hardly comparable at all. Newcastle are my team. I wouldn't pay €40 to watch them in a friendly match. I've been a season ticket holder for years, it's not like it's a one off game. I'm being moved, to another seat, I still don't know where in the ground. And for the privilege I've got to pay more, even though i'd prefer to stay where I am.

Guest toonlass

No but NUFC held a knife to my heart

No but NUFC held a knife to my heart

Great comeback, gotta go deep to top that Dave.

I think I've underestimated the brilliance of that clip. It's as if Chris Morris scripted it himself. So many brilliant put downs delivered at breakneck speed

"Is it a locker?  Is it a flipflop?" 

Well i wasn't going to miss it, seeing as though i was in Barcelona at the time. It was against AC Milan tbf.

fair enough, for some reason i typed out rumour when i meant to write theory.

semantics aside, this "theory" as i should've said, comes directly from golfmag's statement that pardew's been brought in for that kind of reason. nothing hughton has said has any bearing on that. what matters is whether or not ashley thought, at the time, that getting pardew in would make selling players easier (whether or not that, in reality, is true). think i'll trust golfmag's source on that issue, after all, he nailed the hughton-pardew change weeks before anyone else had a clue.

Not wishing to get into a pointless arguement, but the idea that Pardew was brought in as he would be more of a pushover when it comes to players sales (Carrols in particular) was not simply one originating directly from Golfmag, but was/is a pretty standard reaction when there are rumours of players being sold left right and centre. Hughton, in discussing Carroll (and what we should expect over coming seasons) has severely undermined that arguement, if not felled it in isolation.

I have no idea what it does to your and Golfmags wider conspiracy. O0