Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest Stephen927

De Rossi wouldn't have cost much more than Aquilani, surely. Daft signing when you consider he spent a fair bit of time on the sidelines before signing for Liverpool.

There seems to be a presumtion that these new yanks are going to bankroll Liverpool back to the top with an open chequebook when all they have done so far is spend Chelseas silly Torres money.

I had never seen Auqafresh play but I knew he was going to be a terrible signing because everyone was saying it would be.

I just can't understand why they went for the deal if it was apparently so obvious! :lol:

Taarabt has quit the international team after being told he wouldn't be starting their next game. Says he would now prefer to represent his country through his club.

What a bell.

F***ing hell, what a knob.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13653658.stm

Unusual betting patterns concerning the Nigeria-Argentina game.

Something was wrong with this referee. we we're joking about it at the time, but it was really strange some of the decisions he made. Especially the end of the match when he added 9 minutes(to a 4-0 friendly ! :lol:) and gave Argentina a ridiculous penalty in the last minute because the ball hit Ayila's groin. Performance of Argentina obviously questionable, but more explainable through motivation and other factors.

Ah, I now see the investigation is related to a fifth goal when we were 4-0 up. Bloody hell! This was blatantly fixed then. Neither team had interest in playing anymore. We were doind oles waiting for him to blow and he literally continued the match until they had an attack and blew his whistle as soon as it touched a Nigerian in the box. Cannot believe these Nigerien  referees. We shouldn't have let them im our country.

:lol: Everything about this match was a disaster for us other than the great result and performance. It will again be a long time before top sides deal with playing locally in Naija again .

Guest Loven11

A footballer caught speeding has blamed his ex-manager Roy Keane.

Ipswich Town ace Damien Delaney, 29, told a court he put his foot down because Keane would fine him ­thousands of pounds if he turned up late for training.

The defender was clocked doing 44mph in a 30mph zone in Ipswich in October.

He said in a letter to South East Suffolk magistrates: “I had an unreasonable boss and was worried I’d be docked two weeks’ wages.”

He was fined £235 and got four points on his licence after admitting speeding.

Hardman Keane, who has since been sacked as Ipswich Town manager, was reported to have had a bust-up with Delaney last year after he missed several matches.

Real Radio are stopping live commentary for both our and mackem games next season.  Apparently they had a deal in place with the unwashed, but we wanted to double the cost, so they've pulled the plug on both to avoid being accused of favouritism or bias.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2011/06/05/bob-moncur-and-gary-rowell-axed-from-real-radio-79310-28823357/