Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I'd be hoping our own players would do well tbh.

Yeah me to them being the England players.

Newcastle > England

Imagine the lift it would give Newcastle and profile boost it would give us worldwide if we had two World Cup winners??? Can't see Coloccini playing anyway so it's a moot argument, and if it's just the one playing then yeah, England everytime.

I want England to win. I want John "What A Great Mate" Terry to be better than Colo (if he makes it) at the World Cup. Never wanted any players to do well against England. Obviously I don't want to see either Jonas or Colo get knackered but thats about it.

Couldn't give a fuck how England do tbh. Most people who follow England are twats in my experience. When I'm at a Newcastle match I feel I belong, when I'm at England I don't.

Only time i gave a shit about England was World Cup 98. Shearer and Batty  :smitten: Probably what put me off after that pen miss.

Never understood people not wanting their own country to do well.

Yeah, seems odd. I can see where some of you are coming from though. I would expect it to be pretty hard to feel anything for a side with Cashley, Terry, Gerrard, etc. in it.

It's a lot easier to like the guys on the US squad and feel a togetherness with the other fans.

Never understood people not wanting their own country to do well, unless it's some sort of extreme circumstance.

I love the question "If you could pick Newcastle to win the PL or England the world cup what would you want" If I had that sort of power I would be looking after me. They are not rivals only glum fuckers like Man Utd fans think they are & SAF being a jock loves adding to that & same with Weg being  French.

Yeah, seems odd. I can see where some of you are coming from though. I would expect it to be pretty hard to feel anything for a side with Cashley, Terry, Gerrard, etc. in it.

It's a lot easier to like the guys on the US squad and feel a togetherness with the other fans.

True. We have a fair quota of arses but I still really want them to win it. Part of it is the WC as an event; I'll probably be watching all the games, depending on when I'm able to like.

I like Jonas & Coloccini and have an affiliation with the World Cup through them representing Newcastle.

I don't like Terry, A.Cole, Ferdinand and half a dozen other pricks who make up the England side.

I like Jonas & Coloccini and have an affiliation with the World Cup through them representing Newcastle.

I don't like Terry, A.Cole, Ferdinand and half a dozen other pricks who make up the England side.

But I want my country to win above any other. Recognising the fact we have some twats would never, ever change that. I can see why you would want Argentina to do well.

That, buts it's England fans that really do it for me. The difference to when NUFC travelled abroad to when England go abroad in terms of people being cunts is ridiculous.

That's not what it is about though, is it? ??? I passionately hate Yakubu, but if he scores a goal to help us advance in the World Cup I will be absolutely estatic.

To be honest, I cheered when Raúl missed a penalty against France in the EC of 2000, which sent us packing.

That sounds pretty awful, from the outside. I know the connotations of it being Raul, but howay man, it's your own country.

Unless you see the Barca-Madrid rivalry as that politically divisive, as in Catalonia not actually being Spain?

To be honest, I cheered when Raúl missed a penalty against France in the EC of 2000, which sent us packing.

That sounds pretty awful, from the outside. I know the connotations of it being Raul, but howay man, it's your own country.

I'm Catalan, so my passion for the Spanish NT is admittedly dependant on the amount of Catalans being fielded. Spanish Barcelona players kinda count.

I'm not very political, but for some reason it happens in football.

And really, I'm genetically impaired to cheer for Raúl at anything. I'd die of a brain aneurysm or something.

What happens is that with all the over the top patriotism getting trotted out during World Cups, etc... as Catalan sometimes I find myself uncomfortable to throw my lot with them. But having Xavi, Puyol, Piqué, Busquets, etc... helps.

Reminds me that an England - Argentina this WC with Maradona coaching them would be truly entertaining, any chances of that happening?

Was just wondering, who would most Newcastle fans support? England, or an Argentina side if Coloccini & Jonas were in the side?

Eng-er-lund!

Games against Argentina are always nice and spicy.

If it was England winning the World Cup or Newcastle winning the league it would be Newcastle without a doubt.

That said I really don't care what our Internationals get up to away from the club, as long as they don't get injured. If they play well and it gives them greater confidence then that's great but I wouldn't want them to beat England or do very well against us.

I can understand backing our players and I can understand thinking some of the England players are twats but it's still my country and I would want us to do well in spite of some of the tossers we have playing for us.

colo's not played much under maradona has he? Hope he makes the squad though, deserves to on this season's performances. been better than Jonas though maybe he's up against better players in his position.