Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Just seen this tshirt:

http://www.whoareyadesigns.com/v/vspfiles/photos/NWC2-2T.jpg

http://www.whoareyadesigns.com/newcastle_football_beer_p/nwc2.htm

Nice design... the small print has put me off a bit though

Don't really care for the quality of their shirts, pretty rough, and some sizes run small, some big. I have a Keegan on from a few years ago, had to put it in retirement though.

Rod liddle really doesn't like us, even when hes complimenting hughton and nufc this season (and i get the feeling crying inside we look like going back up rather than imploding so he has plenty to bullshit about) he gets some digs in

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/rod_liddle/article7052408.ece

que typical pundit cliches when talking about us, what did we do to offend him?

Rod liddle really doesn't like us, even when hes complimenting hughton and nufc this season (and i get the feeling crying inside we look like going back up rather than imploding so he has plenty to bullshit about) he gets some digs in

Christ. way to start a pretty begrudgingly pro Hughton piece.

Fair play for the dull, late in the day final conclusion, but an article starting out laying into how unexciting a tribute is for failing to provide soundbites for his journalist collegues obits? Just... Wow. :no:

Christ. way to start a pretty begrudgingly pro Hughton piece.

Fair play for the dull, late in the day final conclusion, but an article starting out laying into how unexciting a tribute is for failing to provide soundbites for his journalist collegues obits? Just... Wow. :no:

and he gets paid for this? there is no justice in the world today

Anyone know how long Dyer has had all those tattoos on his arm?

Kieron Dyer: I Am Not A Waste Of Money

West Ham United midfielder Kieron Dyer has reacted angrily to comments from members of the club's board hinting that he should consider retirement after spending most of his expensive time at the club injured.

Dyer has managed only seven starts in two and a half years after a £6 million move from Newcastle United.

The Hammers' annual accounts, published last week, revealed that the signings of Dyer and Freddie Ljungberg in 2007 had cost the east London club around £1m a match.

Joint-chairman David Gold has also stated that a player earning £60-£70,000 a week "who hardly plays at all who might have to accept retirement", in a comment widely interpreted as being aimed at Dyer.

But the former England international insists that he is determined to prove the club's hierarchy wrong.

"If you buy a football club and you are the owners, you say what you want. They are entitled to their opinions," said Dyer, according to Press Association Sport.

"Everyone has forgotten that I probably had a worse leg break than Aaron Ramsay and have had four operations to try to get it right.

"I have put in everything I can to get fit for this club but it is not enough for some people.

"All I can do is get my head down. I have the backing of the manager and hopefully I can get there."

The former Ipswich Town star also took some inspiration from the fact that Irons fans chanted his name when he came on during his side's Saturday defeat to Bolton Wanderers.

"That is good to hear," he added.

"Hopefully I can change some other people's minds."

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/03/07/1821963/west-hams-kieron-dyer-i-am-not-a-waste-of-money

Are there any Germans on here who can tell me what the average price of a ticket to watch the Bundesliga matches are?

I've been watching a lot of German football recently and almost every stadium is rammed full and absolutely bouncing. None stop singing for 90 minutes. The atmospheres piss all over anything in England. Now I know tickets are much cheaper than here but by how much?

It seems that in Germany everything is geared towards helping the fans have the best time possible at a decent price. The complete opposite of in England.

Are there any Germans on here who can tell me what the average price of a ticket to watch the Bundesliga matches are?

I've been watching a lot of German football recently and almost every stadium is rammed full and absolutely bouncing. None stop singing for 90 minutes. The atmospheres piss all over anything in England. Now I know tickets are much cheaper than here but by how much?

It seems that in Germany everything is geared towards helping the fans have the best time possible at a decent price. The complete opposite of in England.

I can't speak for the whole league, but at Hertha ticket prices run from about 15 euros to 75 euros, depending on who they're playing and which part of the ground you want, with 15 euros being the cheapest ticket against FC Nurnberg, and 75 euros being the most expensive ticket against Bayern Munich.

If it was England winning the World Cup or Newcastle winning the league it would be Newcastle without a doubt.

That said I really don't care what our Internationals get up to away from the club, as long as they don't get injured. If they play well and it gives them greater confidence then that's great but I wouldn't want them to beat England or do very well against us.

I can understand backing our players and I can understand thinking some of the England players are twats but it's still my country and I would want us to do well in spite of some of the tossers we have playing for us.

If it was England winning the world cup or Newcastle winning a throw in it would be Newcastle everytime for me.

I can't speak for the whole league, but at Hertha ticket prices run from about 15 euros to 75 euros, depending on who they're playing and which part of the ground you want, with 15 euros being the cheapest ticket against FC Nurnberg, and 75 euros being the most expensive ticket against Bayern Munich.

I was just over in Celle/Hannover and the guy there said it was from about 12 Euros for a Hannover game. But then they have not won in a while...

Only really know about Bayern Munich. There the price depend on the game (against "good" or "bad" teams) and on where you're sitting/standing.

Cheapest price is 15€ for a place to stand (no seat) and the next categories are 30€, 40€ and 50€.

More infos if interested: http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/media/native/ticketing/preisliste291009.pdf

Btw I also know about FC Augsburg (2.Bundesliga) where the prices are really cheap sometimes. For some match you get a ticket at McDonalds if you buy a meal for 10€ instead of the normal price (about 5).  :lol:

Normaly their ticket prices are from 10€ to 30€.

Edit:  I don't agree with the "german stadiums have better atmosphere than english stadiums". Only thing that is better than in UK is that you are allowed to drink beer during the match.  :lol:

Only really know about Bayern Munich. There the price depend on the game (against "good" or "bad" teams) and on where you're sitting/standing.

Cheapest price is 15€ for a place to stand (no seat) and the next categories are 30€, 40€ and 50€.

More infos if interested: http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/media/native/ticketing/preisliste291009.pdf

Btw I also know about FC Augsburg (2.Bundesliga) where the prices are really cheap sometimes. For some match you get a ticket at McDonalds if you buy a meal for 10€ instead of the normal price (about 5).  :lol:

Edit:  I don't agree with the "german stadiums have better atmosphere than english stadiums". Only thing that is better than in UK is that you are allowed to drink beer during the match.  :lol:

Cheers mate. Imagine that, £13.50, to stand at an NUFC match!?!?. That would be truely superb. We would get massive crowds with that sort of price available.

On the atmospheres thing, purely going off the TV, individual songs seem to be louder in England but in Germany it seems to be none stop incessant singing for 90 minutes. None of this long periods of silence like over here. Do we honestly have any atmosphere that can compare to Dortmund or Shalke etc? Im not so sure we do tbh.

At Hertha quite a lot of people spliff up too.