Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Uni. de Chile seems to have played some fantastic stuff on their road to the Copa Sudamericana. Their keeper is getting shitloads of praise as well, search Johnny Herrera Tapadones

Chile-lite pretty much. Just sold Vargas who scored most of their goals to Napoli for £11m. Their left sided player, Eugenio Mena, looked good in the couple of games I watched n all.

Uni. de Chile seems to have played some fantastic stuff on their road to the Copa Sudamericana. Their keeper is getting shitloads of praise as well, search Johnny Herrera Tapadones

Chile-lite pretty much. Just sold Vargas who scored most of their goals to Napoli for £11m. Their left sided player, Eugenio Mena, looked good in the couple of games I watched n all.

Vargas looks a player. Incredibly quick and a class finisher.

Sven has expressed an interest in the vacant South Korea job :yao:

The other candidate is Arie Haan :kinnear:

Didn't realise you sacked that other guy. Don't you need a result in the next game or you're out?

Aye, we need to win or draw against Kuwait at home, which should by all rights be trivial but then again we're more than capable of self-destructing.

Come in, lose one match, get sacked, walk away with payoff. Sounds like Sven's kind of job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16239319.stm

Have I missed something? Would anyone else not be arsed if one of our players did this? He's injured, why should it matter what he does?

Aye, people just kick off about anything these days.  Bent's spot on with what he says, "I hope to be back very soon. Watched the majority of he game on tv. Never knew popping out would cause an issue and for that I apologise."

Have I missed something? Would anyone else not be arsed if one of our players did this? He's injured, why should it matter what he does?

Don't see why this is a problem at all. I guess it would be a nice gesture if he was in the stands watching the match, but it's hardly mandatory.

may not be mandatory but it doesn't look good and maybe it should be mandatory especially for home games (would be if i was in charge).

Don't see why this is a problem at all. I guess it would be a nice gesture if he was in the stands watching the match, but it's hardly mandatory.

may not be mandatory but it doesn't look good and maybe it should be mandatory especially for home games (would be if i was in charge).

I agree with that.

Without doubt. It pisses me off that to think a player would be doing something else while the match is on and have no idea (or possibly even interest) in what the score is.

If I was a pro footballer I'd probably be like I am as a fan, weighing up the table and the next games etc. I'd always be thinking about how the team is doing and that includes watching the games.

Thing is though that it's not mandatory and, who knows, maybe not even suggested as a good idea to the players - so he's done nowt wrong.  Another case of the internet causing an issue that wouldn't have been so otherwise.

true he's done nowt wrong but what is the perception of someone paid that sort of money, seemingly not giving a toss about his team if he's not playing ?

i'd actually go further in taking injred players (within reason) to away games to keep a continuity and team spirit.

i know at one team we would take a couple of the youth team in the squad for away games so they could get used to the routine of being away with the first team so as when it came to them doing it for real they'd be used to it....do we still do this ?

Without doubt. It pisses me off that to think a player would be doing something else while the match is on and have no idea (or possibly even interest) in what the score is.

If I was a pro footballer I'd probably be like I am as a fan, weighing up the table and the next games etc. I'd always be thinking about how the team is doing and that includes watching the games.

You can't expect that from players though. They're not fans. The club is just a job to them.

How excited are you about your job? Would you be hanging out around work seeing how the other guys are doing after taking a sick day?

Yes, they're paid a lot but that's the only kind of paycheck they've ever known. I doubt most of them think of themselves as especially privileged.

It's naive to believe that players "love the club" and it's certainly unrealistic to demand that they do so.

You can't expect that from players though. They're not fans. The club is just a job to them.

How excited are you about your job? Would you be hanging out around work seeing how the other guys are doing after taking a sick day?

Yes, they're paid a lot but that's the only kind of paycheck they've ever known. I doubt most of them think of themselves as especially privileged.

It's naive to believe that players "love the club" and it's certainly unrealistic to demand that they do so.

Totally disagree - don't think it is unrealistic at all. As a professional footballer in the premier league there are 19 homes and all first time players should be expected to be in attendance whether or not they are playing. They are paid to be footballers and so when there is a match on they should be at work. Of course there will be exceptions if a player is unwell, there is a family issue etc, however, if the player is well enough to be walking around a shopping centre then he should be at the match. Away games are different of course, although players should be encouraged to attend.