Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I don't know if everyone can see this video, but if you live in Sweden you can:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/sport/fotboll/bigten/article14774961.ab

A journalist called Marcus Leifby is in Newcastle and is doing a short documentation video about the city and the club.

I went into that thinking "oh, cool" and then pretty much the entire fucking video turns out being him running around doing the Shearer celebration, talking to a priest about god and putting on a bet at Ladbrokes. :lol:

Sagna broke his leg again yesterday. I was watching the game and he went down under no challenge, trying to control a high ball fizzed at him. Always think its a huge shame when players get serious injuries. Hope he recovers well over the summer.

Ranieri favourite for the WBA job. Eh? :lol:

Hmmm, the return of the Tinkerman to the PL would be a sight to behold. Though tbf, he was treated unfairly by Abramovich (not that it mattered a season later when Mourinho won the PL).

Ranieri  :scared:

"eh beh...pazienza."

Qataris eye Newcastle buyout

Newcastle and Fulham are to be ‘scoped out’ by intermediaries working for senior members of the Qatari Royal Family as potential takeover targets, I can reveal.

The extended family of the ruling Al Thani clan hold about £40billion of assets via the QIA sovereign wealth fund alone, and they are exploring options to expand their football portfolio via other investment vehicles ahead of the 2022 World Cup.

On the radar: The Qatari royal family are interested in buying Newcastle

They have ambitions to own new clubs in the Premier League and Italy’s Serie A to add to those already owned in France (Paris St-Germain) and Spain’s La Liga (Malaga).

‘The long-term plan is to own a top-flight club in each of England, Italy, France and Spain by the time the 2022 World Cup happens,’ a source tells me.

‘They want clubs that they can transform, take to the next level and make into European regulars, so established clubs like Manchester United have been discounted.

‘Newcastle are attractive for their size and potential, and the only other real alternative is a London club, with Fulham a possibility.’

No contact has been made with either club’s owner. Third-party assessors will make detailed reports on the viability of bids for each.

‘There could be movement as early as this

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2140143/Nick-Harris-Spyros-Gianniotis.html#ixzz1u7bTwhpM

it starts (scroll down that page)

I don't want us to be another Man City I want us to earn it not buy it. That's what makes this season so sweet imho.

With Financial Fair Play rules it won't be possible in the future anyway. Delighted with the direction the club have shown since Carroll left. Long may it continue.

I don't want us to be another Man City I want us to earn it not buy it. That's what makes this season so sweet imho.

With Financial Fair Play rules it won't be possible in the future anyway. Delighted with the direction the club have shown since Carroll left. Long may it continue.

Aye good point forgot about them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aren't we linked with 'Rich people' every off-season (wait, sports thread check this isn't a US Sport)... Summer... anyway?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Qataris eye Newcastle buyout

Newcastle and Fulham are to be ‘scoped out’ by intermediaries working for senior members of the Qatari Royal Family as potential takeover targets, I can reveal.

The extended family of the ruling Al Thani clan hold about £40billion of assets via the QIA sovereign wealth fund alone, and they are exploring options to expand their football portfolio via other investment vehicles ahead of the 2022 World Cup.

On the radar: The Qatari royal family are interested in buying Newcastle

They have ambitions to own new clubs in the Premier League and Italy’s Serie A to add to those already owned in France (Paris St-Germain) and Spain’s La Liga (Malaga).

‘The long-term plan is to own a top-flight club in each of England, Italy, France and Spain by the time the 2022 World Cup happens,’ a source tells me.

‘They want clubs that they can transform, take to the next level and make into European regulars, so established clubs like Manchester United have been discounted.

‘Newcastle are attractive for their size and potential, and the only other real alternative is a London club, with Fulham a possibility.’

No contact has been made with either club’s owner. Third-party assessors will make detailed reports on the viability of bids for each.

‘There could be movement as early as this

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2140143/Nick-Harris-Spyros-Gianniotis.html#ixzz1u7bTwhpM

it starts (scroll down that page)

No thank you.

Just having an argument with some Man City fan on another forum. I said I hated how teams can buy success, he comes back at me with SJH did the same with us, when I tried telling him that SJH never bank rolled the club and everything we did (stadium improvements) and players we bought was done so on the back of match day revenue, players sales, and future tickets sales.

Yes it, Man City have shown that. Instead of just throwing money at the clubs it will come in the form of massive sponsorships, thats why the clubs owners have made massive deals with the likes of Etihad, a company in which the own a percentage of.

Stadium improvements and academy/training facilities aren't a part of the FFP rules as well, so increased capacity (in order to bring in more fans), corporate boxes, buying players for the academy etc won't count against FFP.