Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

So, if you were 18 and you were being paid a large sum of money... you're saying you wouldn't buy a flash car? Rubbish.

Me personally no, but that is speaking as someone who has been pretty horrendously affected by road accidents.

But that is why I argue that the clubs need to take more responsibility for educating its youth players and ultimately making sure that their money is spent the correct way.

My weekly cycle to work on a Friday, I go pass Man City's Academy and the cars they have are unreal. Nearly been knocked off by a couple pulling out too.

i am a firm believer that cyclists should not be on the road, you need no qualifications at all to be a 'cyclist' all you need is a bike. as well as this, horses should stay in fields and not be rode down national speed limit areas by 12 year old tomboys.

I can tell you're angry, but it's not your employer's responsibility unless you're driving for them, is it? You are responsible for yourself. Sorry, and it's shit that it happened fwiw :(

Also, there is a difference between Joe Bloggs, employee of Sainsbury's, and professional footballers who represent their club and its sponsors and therefore their behaviour is associated with their brand.

Also Man City have a duty of care to their staff and I think they have failed here.

You can't go throwing money at kids without ensuring they spend it responsibly IMO.

This is more of a football in general thing rather than being aimed at Man city though.

And most of all that kid is a complete and utter idiot.

I hate this word fiercely and with a vengeance.

"that kid is a complete and utter idiot." is completely and utterly right though. Fucking hell. :( Hope he has a conscience.

Not sure if posted but another player has died from a cradiac problem apparently. R.I.P. :(

Swedish football player dies of a suspected heart attack on the pitch in front of shocked fans

A striker for Sweden's fourth-tier football league collapsed and died on the pitch in front of shocked fans just minutes after scoring.

In an echo of Bolton Wanderers star Fabrice Muamba, who suffered a mid-match heart attack in March, Victor Brannstrom was jogging back to his team's half of the pitch when he fell to the ground.

The 29-year-old had just put his team, Pitea IF, 1-0 up when he collapsed shortly after scoring in the match against Umedalen yesterday.

The match was abandoned as medics tried to revive Brannstrom on the pitch as they waited for an ambulance.

However, he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at hospital.

The cause of death was not immediately clear.

Swedish news agency TT says Brannstrom had passed out during a match earlier this year. He took a break from the sport to undergo medical tests but returned after doctors found nothing wrong.

Christer Berglund, Pitea IF spokesman, said: 'He was totally unmarked and was jogging back when he just collapsed.

'People ran out to him right away and within 20 seconds I'd called for an ambulance.'

Officials say Brannstrom had collapsed in training earlier this year but a series of tests had failed to identify any health problems.

Bergland added: 'We can't undo what's been done. He was a healthy and damn nice guy with a wife and two kids. It's horrible and traumatic.'

Bolton midfielder Muamba, 24, collapsed from a heart attack on the pitch while playing against Tottenham at White Hart Lane during an FA Cup tie on March 17.

He received lengthy attention on the pitch and it later emerged that his heart had stopped for 78 minutes.

Remarkably he made a stunning recovery and left hospital a month later.

Muamba travelled to Belgium for a minor heart operation last week, and sought medical advice from a top cardiologist.

It was then when he was told that a return to professional football would put too much strain on his heart.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2197509/Victor-Brannstrom-Pitea-IF-footballer-dies-suspected-heart-attack-pitch-Sweden.html#ixzz25PcFQsWI

I can tell you're angry, but it's not your employer's responsibility unless you're driving for them, is it? You are responsible for yourself. Sorry, and it's shit that it happened fwiw :(

Also, there is a difference between Joe Bloggs, employee of Sainsbury's, and professional footballers who represent their club and its sponsors and therefore their behaviour is associated with their brand.

Also Man City have a duty of care to their staff and I think they have failed here.

You can't go throwing money at kids without ensuring they spend it responsibly IMO.

This is more of a football in general thing rather than being aimed at Man city though.

And most of all that kid is a complete and utter idiot.

You come out with some right shit you do.