Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

In general best left backs in the world are not that great players, due to the lack of left footed people and the fact that - unlike a left winger - there's little to be gained by playing a right-footed player there. So the player pool is pretty small.

I think Baines is a very solid player, mind.

I have bad news for you; the Spanish media seem to have discovered the footage of Hereford - Newcastle.

:scared:

:rant:

Aye, the ran a report a few weeks ago on it: "biggest cup shock in history", "Hereford's feat", blah blah... and they recapped it ahead of our own cup games last week, even somebody opened up a thread on it in the other football forum I post.

I'm really sorry.  :undecided:

http://164.177.157.12/img/graphics/62.jpg

Europe's 10 worst winless streaks from Whoscored.com

Villa  :lol:

This is even funnier now.

anybody got the lastest version?

It isn't updated on their site, but given that Villa won last week, if somehow Palermo defeated equally shit Atalanta tomorrow Sunderland would have Europe's worst winless streak.

he may not be the best but i do rate baines a lot, not that ridiculous imo in that usually it's a bad player that shit pundits rate up like that

I tend to think Baines and Cole are two English players not completely overrated by the media. Both are world-class left-backs, imo.

Noticed it during Soccer Saturday, but the new Skybet advert has a part where is says, "What if history is finally laid to rest", with 11 players in black & white strips standing around a grave in the pouring rain, throwing a wreath into it saying, "Fairs Cup Winners 1969" on it. :lol:

Yeah, it's a good ad as well.  :lol:

Noticed it during Soccer Saturday, but the new Skybet advert has a part where is says, "What if history is finally laid to rest", with 11 players in black & white strips standing around a grave in the pouring rain, throwing a wreath into it saying, "Fairs Cup Winners 1969" on it. :lol:

Mentioned that on the other games thread last week.

Fucking Magedia

Magico Gonzalez was f***ing mint.

Indeed he was. Also a big time partier. I remember once we played a friendly against Cádiz in preseason, and he was left out of the starting XI because he had partied hard last night and hadn't made it to the stadium in time for the game. However, he was subbed in during the second half and scored a hat trick :lol:

Ridiculous in everything he did.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/22/said-and-done-number-crunching

particularly this

£3m: West Ham's offer towards the £160m cost of converting the Olympic Stadium into their new 99-year-leased home ground, according to industry reports – with the balance from public money. An Olympic source told BDonline: "They're playing hardball." (£3m: West Ham's nine-month wage commitment to Andy Carroll.)

Why the hell should they be allowed to have the stadium without paying a proper chunk (assuming no-ones going to stump up the full cost) of the conversion?

particularly this

£3m: West Ham's offer towards the £160m cost of converting the Olympic Stadium into their new 99-year-leased home ground, according to industry reports – with the balance from public money. An Olympic source told BDonline: "They're playing hardball." (£3m: West Ham's nine-month wage commitment to Andy Carroll.)

Why the hell should they be allowed to have the stadium without paying a proper chunk (assuming no-ones going to stump up the full cost) of the conversion?

They were always going to do this. Ours was the only reasonable bid, we said that all along. If they get it then a couple of years down the line they will be pushing for the track to be removed etc etc. still, they're proper gentlemen, they give visiting chairmen seats, food and everything...

particularly this

well they can't have paying for them using the olympic stadium cutting into the profits they'll pocket from selling off upton park