Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I'm 99% sure Clattenburg didn't say that. Utterly ridiculous claim, especially given recent events.

Should be heavily punished if found to be lying. Defamation of character n aw that.

Possible it's not as simple as him either saying it or not, but a comment that could be (possibly deliberately) misconstrued, asking a player to cut out the monkey-business, 'softly softly catchey monkey' in relation to them surrounding the ref or something - or even something that Clattenburg claims was misheard.  Imagine it'll be another tedious, drawn out saga about intent and meaning rather than a black and white did he say it or not.

Once again makes a mockery of the 'respect' campaign, flauts the genuine goals of the 'kick it out' initiative and as BlueStar has suggested is probably a player deliberately misconstruing something said along those lines or plain lying. It may be tedious but a lot this weekend should be used to highlight what is wrong with football; the levity with which diving is treated (Suarez), examples of it over the weekend (one you could argue harshly but at least a call is being made) and the media circus by pundits and papers alike. You just watch the PFA/Old pros lay into Clattenburg after being so soft on John Terry. I'll be fucking amazed if what he is alleged to have said is even remotely true/plausible.

The Spanish press isn't even treating the "Spanish t***" thing as racism. How can it be racist?

Xenophobic at best isnt it?

Someone called me an English twat, I'd not be bothered in the slightest. A. Because I'm English and B. Because I'm a twat.

I suppose it's probably region-locked, but in case it is not here's a compilation posted by Marca of Messi's 50 league goals last season:

http://www.marca.com/2012/05/18/multimedia/graficos/1337366600.html?a=446b0380526b5939b6ff677f5362d8c5&t=1351594531

It's pretty cool since it includes views with his position on the pitch when he scored plus where he placed the finish for each goal.