Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Apparently Guardiola has told his brother and agent who he'll join next season.  It's a PL club.

Whoever it is, I hope he is so successful, he finishes Ferguson off.

Would be surprised if it isn't Ferguson's retirement.

I suspect Guardiola's insane reputation to implode within his first 6 months, wherever he goes.

Unbelievable how highly rated he is after controlling what is probably the best team the world has ever seen.

This is the thing. In simplistic terms, he was the returning legend at the club he knows inside out and from top to bottom, and with the best players in the world, most of whom he instantly had the upmost respect from. All he had to do was get the personalities onside and they were away to the races. It'll be an interesting test of his true managerial abilities to be in a league and club he has no experience of. Never know, it might go less than perfectly.

Alan has a point, like.

Probably the main reason Barcelona are as great as they are is that tmost of them are brought up with the Barcelona philosophy, Pep was too. Individually they are undoubtedly brilliant but they have a 6th sense which allows them to play as the do so consistently. Pep's coaching and tactics won't exactly translate as effectively onto another team.

He has more of a chance than most managers like.

I suspect Guardiola's insane reputation to implode within his first 6 months, wherever he goes.

Unbelievable how highly rated he is after controlling what is probably the best team the world has ever seen.

This is the thing. In simplistic terms, he was the returning legend at the club he knows inside out and from top to bottom, and with the best players in the world, most of whom he instantly had the upmost respect from. All he had to do was get the personalities onside and they were away to the races. It'll be an interesting test of his true managerial abilities to be in a league and club he has no experience of. Never know, it might go less than perfectly.

Harsh, he got them playing the football that they did, they were a shadow of what they are now under Rijkaard. He also showed he wasn't going to let big names rule with the likes of Ronaldinho, Eto'o & Ibra being showed the door during his time.

He obviously won't be able to get away with fielding 2 midfielder in central defence anywhere else in the world, but he has shown enough at Barcelona for us to see that he knows what he's doing.

'probably the best team the world has ever seen'.

Well when Guardiola took over they weren't, they were the 3rd best team in Spain. 10 points behind Villarreal, only 3 ahead of Atletico and Sevilla. To imply that he deserves little credit in taking them from that position, rebuilding the team in his image and then going on to win 3 league titles, 2 CLs, 2 Copa del Reys and much more - while playing fantastic football - is pretty insane.

Regardless of that he is surely fundamentally a good coach, as I suspect most are at a club that is bringing through exceptionally talented footballers on a regular basis.

Pep is the main reason Barca are where they are today they was finishing 3rd behind villarreal when he joined ffs.

His tactics and gameplan he deployed is individual to him... Rijkaard and Cryuff's barca are.nothing like it.

Tito basically continued it on with some tweaks like Capello did with Milan under Sacchi...

But rest assured pep is the main reason behind all the success.

I feel hes getting a bit underrated and his effect on the club understated because barca have done so well in his absense but hes the reason they are this good.

That's the problem with cutting your teeth at a big club like that, you always get underrated. He didn't just click his fingers to make the team start playing attractive attacking football, a lot of work will have went on to achieve it. Guardiola should have proven himself to be a very good manager by this point, it's a shame for him that for some there is still that lingering doubt over him.

That's the problem with cutting your teeth at a big club like that, you always get underrated. He didn't just click his fingers to make the team start playing attractive attacking football, a lot of work will have went on to achieve it. Guardiola should have proven himself to be a very good manager by this point, it's a shame for him that for some there is still that lingering doubt over him.

The better he did at Barca the more he has been accused of simply having the easiest job in the world. It's a strange paradox. People want to say he was lucky for having the best player in the world, rather than even consider the crazy thought that he might have had something to do with Messi becoming the best player in the world (ever?) during his tenure.

Alan has a point, like.

Probably the main reason Barcelona are as great as they are is that most of them are brought up with the Barcelona philosophy, Pep was too. Individually they are undoubtedly brilliant but they have a 6th sense which allows them to play as the do so consistently. Pep's coaching and tactics won't exactly translate as effectively onto another team.

He has more of a chance than most managers like.

[backtracking]

Aye, I didn't mean to suggest that Guardiola is anything less than a great manager, just that it'd be interesting to see how he does in a completely new club, possibly who play in a different style that Barca did.

Also, when he took over it was a bold move to push Deco and Ronaldinho out of the door at a time when he needed to turn around the slump in the players. Those two had a big influence, if a negative one. Eto'o was the same, although he showed enough of an improvement in attitude to be given a chance before relations eventually broke down between the two. The point I was trying to make was that his main hurdle when he took over was to turn around the morale of the players and win them round. Once he did that they definitely had the tools to reverse their sliding fortunes and challenge again. Won the treble in his first season ffs.

I bloody love Pep, me. [/backtracking]

Guest neesy111

Sewelly is spot on about Guardiola.  I'm pretty sure I've heard VI say how bad Barca were in that last season under Rjkaard, pretty bad for the players they had was my memory and by their recent standards.

He rebuilt that squad using Messi, Xavi and Inesita as the core players in that team and the rest is history now.

That's not to say Guardiola doesn't have his faults btw, one fault which Tito has corrected imo is that they can go direct now when needed.