Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I haven’t voted at all, or engaged with NUST other than pledge some money to the pledge scheme. I’d vote for Greg however period and as long as he’s on the Trust I’m 100% certain as fans, we are well represented. If you have any issues, raise it with them (not having a go btw), I just don’t buy this self serving self promotion shtick with them today, not when I know one or two of them and can guarantee that’s the furthest from the truth and always will be as long as they are involved. Again NUST are in its infancy and due to the takeover saga, what’s the best cause of action to take right now? That and you have to accept, as a fanbase, we are about as useless as a fucking chocolate fire-guard or a water pistol trying to put out a huge fire. Or Bruce at being a manager, Ashley an owner... the problem lies with the fanbase, NUST are a (positive) solution regardless as a conduit between fans and club in any climate. 

How are they a fully democratic Trust where you get a voice if the only voice you get is to vote to appoint the Board? They’ve made two key decisions so far, without consulting their members, resulting in two outputs that doesn’t represent the voice of their members.

You’ve even said yourself, you don’t think bad of them because you’re friends with two key players. It’s the equivalent of Shearer not criticising Bruce.

I don’t agree they are in their infancy. They’ve been around for ages. The ‘new’ Trust has also been going since before Rafa left. We’re not talking about a group set up 6 months ago.

What’s the best course of action you ask? Consult with your members about what they want. It’s simple. Don’t write off options because you want to sit in a posh seat at Newcastle and get on with the sole job you have - being representative of your members.

I’ve asked time and time again for someone to tell me something the Trust have achieved - there is never a credible response. Because they’ve achieved fuck all. Despite having a large membership and large bank account. All the resources available and they choose to ask some apprentice at NUFC to sort some bogs out.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How are they a fully democratic Trust where you get a voice if the only voice you get is to vote to appoint the Board? They’ve made two key decisions so far, without consulting their members, resulting in two outputs that doesn’t represent the voice of their members.

You’ve even said yourself, you don’t think bad of them because you’re friends with two key players. It’s the equivalent of Shearer not criticising Bruce.

I don’t agree they are in their infancy. They’ve been around for ages. The ‘new’ Trust has also been going since before Rafa left. We’re not talking about a group set up 6 months ago.

What’s the best course of action you ask? Consult with your members about what they want. It’s simple. Don’t write off options because you want to sit in a posh seat at Newcastle and get on with the sole job you have - being representative of your members.

I’ve asked time and time again for someone to tell me something the Trust have achieved - there is never a credible response. Because they’ve achieved fuck all. Despite having a large membership and large bank account. All the resources available and they choose to ask some apprentice at NUFC to sort some bogs out.

Lots of fair points and just to add, I’m not friends with any of them, I just have met some of the  personally and know of their characters and their upstanding. As for consulting with members, it’s a two way thing, they created the pledge scheme and members have responded and brilliantly so IMO. That’s consultation still. Let’s be honest there isn’t, never has been, and never will be a huge demand for protests and militant action by the fanbase and should NUST for example call for such, they’d just be shot down in flames, ridiculed and have people on here/social media pissing and moaning either way regardless (again I’m  not having a go at you). Anyway I’ll politely agree to disagree where NUST is concerned on these things right now, but again you raise valid points and some of which I don’t disagree with at all. I see your passion, share your passion and indeed your frustrations, but as fans we need to do more ourselves collectively and then, maybe then, the trust for example, will follow our lead instead of the ones being criticised for not leading when again, their is no demand for protests etc. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Lots of fair points and just to add, I, not friends with any of them, I just have met them personally and know of their characters.

as for consulting with members, it’s a two way thing, they created the pledge scheme and members have responded and brilliantly so IMO. Let’s be honest there isn’t, never has been, and never will be, a huge demand for presets and militant action by the fanbase and should NUST for example call for such, they’d just be shot down in flames, ridiculed and have people on here pissing and moaning either way regardless. Anyway I’ll politely agree to disagree where NUST is concerned, but again you raise valid points and some of which I don’t disagree with at all. I see your passion, share your passion and indeed your frustrations, but as fans we need to do more ourselves collectively and then, maybe then, the trust for example, will follow our lead instead of the ones being criticised for not leading when again, their is no demand for protests etc. 

:thup: 

Hopefully we’ll all get a solution we deserve eventually, through whatever means possible.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

:thup: 

Hopefully we’ll all get a solution we deserve eventually, through whatever means possible.

Indeed and sadly right now that’s all we have left, a bit of hope. I’m hopeful, but hey, this is NUFC...

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I have watched with interest the other supporters groups, particularly the top 6 and how they have, in a short space of time, won concessions with their clubs by organised protests against the owners.

I think it highlights just how cold and ruthless Ashley is.
I'd guess that the other owners, whilst being completely driven by money, maybe still appear to understand the importance of trying to make their club successful on the pitch as well as off it. Ashley is completely disconnected to the fact that NUFC is a football club and doesn't give a fuck about what football is meant to be about.

Edited by Robster

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Robster said:

I think it highlights just how cold and ruthless Ashley is.
I'd guess that the other owners, whilst being completely driven by money, maybe still appear to understand the importance of trying to make their club successful on the pitch as well as off it. Ashley is completely disconnected to the fact that NUFC is a football club and doesn't give a fuck about what football is meant to be about.

True, but I also think say for example the LFC owners are still disingenuous with regards to their own fans/club as much as anyone else, they are all about the money as much as Ashley is and only act like they give a fuck when they are unmasked for what they are. 

Guest HTT II

Again and I’ve been thinking this for a while, in Ashley, we know what he is/who he is and he knows too and just doesn’t seem to care or make any apologies for it and to be honest, I think I’d rather know where I stand than not with anyone in life, my enemy or otherwise. 

Edited by HTT II

• 3 weeks later...

£87k in the charity fundraiser after three months :thup: 

Next payment due next week for most too, after only £20k repeat pledges last month, wonder if it’ll have dropped even further.

Only about 30 years until Alex Hurst gets enough to buy 1% and fulfil his sole dream of sitting in a posh seat.

Must admit even I didn’t expect it to flop this badly. I thought it might get a year or so before the terrible idea fell to it’s inevitable conclusion.

On 10/04/2021 at 00:14, Greg said:

I hope so. We're close to 40k - less than 48 hours in. Majority being monthly pledges. 

A great start, but we've hit a very small percentage of the fan base and need to spread the word. Big challenge is spreading the word outside social media and the online world. 

@Fantail Breeze see above, it should go up another £40k or so in the next week if the majority of the 40k in 48 hours was indeed monthly pledges, once you allow for the extra 5 days.

Edited by Joey Linton

On 20/05/2021 at 19:56, HTT II said:

Aye, Beardsley showed his true colours under Ashley, a self serving, racist jobs for the boys cunt who used his ‘former player’ status to profit from the club and even aided in its demise as he was an atrocious coach/academy influencer which we will feel the long lasting damaging repercussions of such at our club for a while yet. And his son... who works for the academy, another jumped up little bell-end bully boy like his dad. I can’t stand the man personally, not after a talk-in I attended where all he talked about was LFC, ripped into KK and said Bobby, in the dressing room after the 1990 WC semi defeat to Germany, blamed the players for losing him his knighthood. Gazza, Butcher, John Barnes et al and others have ridiculed his ‘story’ as nothing more than a cheap anecdotal lie to make his otherwise boring, dull and shite talk-ins a bit spicy. He got rightly and roundly booed that night. He’s as false as Bruce and Pardew to the core, honestly, Ashley as much as I hate the cunt, is more honest. 

Beardsley has never been forgiven by me for his behaviour at Anfield in 1987.

A truly great player, but an absolutely two-faced little snide of a man. My Dad always said to me, never trust a man who doesn't drink......certainly fits the bill here.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

£87k in the charity fundraiser after three months :thup: 

Next payment due next week for most too, after only £20k repeat pledges last month, wonder if it’ll have dropped even further.

Only about 30 years until Alex Hurst gets enough to buy 1% and fulfil his sole dream of sitting in a posh seat.

Must admit even I didn’t expect it to flop this badly. I thought it might get a year or so before the terrible idea fell to it’s inevitable conclusion.

It looks like it’s failing, but it’s far from a terrible idea. A fan owned club, would be brilliant it’s just Newcastle fans in general don’t seem interested sadly. Would be excellent if they could pull it off. And a real fuck you to modern football.

Edited by Rafalove

3 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Beardsley has never been forgiven by me for his behaviour at Anfield in 1987.

A truly great player, but an absolutely two-faced little snide of a man. My Dad always said to me, never trust a man who doesn't drink......certainly fits the bill here.

What did he do at Anfield?

7 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

What did he do at Anfield?

There was a rumour he was going to sign for them when we played there in 1987 under McFaul. We lost 0-2 but Beardsley played well and the Liverpool fans gave him an ovation when he went off, he clapped them back and totally blanked our fans which didn't go down too well in the away end. He signed for them a few months later.

Always disliked him since then, although admired him immensely as a footballer.

On 06/06/2021 at 21:08, Joey Linton said:

@Fantail Breeze see above, it should go up another £40k or so in the next week if the majority of the 40k in 48 hours was indeed monthly pledges, once you allow for the extra 5 days.

Should’ve happened last month too, but it only went up by 20k.

Maybe there is a huge amount going in later this week, but it’s only up 3k so far.

Guest reefatoon
44 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

The ESL story is exactly the sort of thing the Trust should be speaking up on, perfect opportunity to reiterate their message of the disconnect between club owners and the fans. 

Totally agree.

I'm a bit disappointed by its rate, but it's also valuable that the set-up is there and some funds are already there (and increasing) should there be some opportunity in the future. Scrambling to get everything together from nowt (monetarily and organizationally) if something happened would be a nightmare/impossible.

I remember the John Hall public share which was a disaster. Never thought the NUST one would have an impact either. Too many of the fan base are totally stuck in their own world and opinions. If it didn’t work in the late 80s when there actually a more united fan base, the likelihood was that it wasn’t going to work now with a very divided fan base. Just my opinion and certainly not having a go at anyone who did sign up either.

6 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Over £100k now. 

Includes the £10 they've taken out of my account yesterday despite me cancelling around the middle of May.  Account still says 'pending cancellation'.

I've deleted the payment method now so they can't take any more.

Edited by Sima

6 hours ago, Sima said:

Includes the £10 they've taken out of my account yesterday despite me cancelling around the middle of May.  Account still says 'pending cancellation'.

I've deleted the payment method now so they can't take any more.

Looks like a fair few others must have cancelled too given the slowdown. What's a pending cancellation? How much notice do they need exactly? 

Edited by Joey Linton