Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

118 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

They've made it categorically clear that they are not a protest group, so those joining shouldn't expect them to be. 

Categorically untrue around the time Rafa left. And they are supposed to be what their members want them to be - that's the whole point. One member, one vote. 

3 hours ago, neesy111 said:

I'd bet most of those who voted for protest wouldn't even bother joining in though, this has been seen in the past multiple times.

People don't take part in what they vote for. That's why they vote for it. How many MPs took part in the action on Syria?

22 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Categorically untrue around the time Rafa left. And they are supposed to be what their members want them to be - that's the whole point. One member, one vote. 

As far as I'm aware they never actually called for protest when Rafa left? Happy to be corrected on that point.

'The Trust’s primary focus is and always will be surrounding Newcastle United. Sometimes these issues are similar to those faced by fans of other clubs, as a league and at a national level. The Trust will work alongside other Trusts to ensure Newcastle United are fairly represented on a national and international level.

Our main areas of work have been around ticket pricing, fan safety, fixture scheduling, and St James’ Park.'

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

20 supporters trusts rallying against the soopa league would be a thing to see

19, mate.  Ours aren't a protest movement, remember.

28 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

As far as I'm aware they never actually called for protest when Rafa left? Happy to be corrected on that point.

'The Trust’s primary focus is and always will be surrounding Newcastle United. Sometimes these issues are similar to those faced by fans of other clubs, as a league and at a national level. The Trust will work alongside other Trusts to ensure Newcastle United are fairly represented on a national and international level.

Our main areas of work have been around ticket pricing, fan safety, fixture scheduling, and St James’ Park.'

Great work; our standard season ticket prices are higher than every other club, outwith Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool.

The fixture scheduling; how many Monday night away matches in a row for NUFC?

St James' Park; well the less said about that the better, but basically it's a shithole, inside and out.

25 minutes ago, Sima said:

More handwringing.

I just don't get the approach at all. After what happened yesterday it's an ideal time to be building pressure. Yet here we are with an ad hoc list of clubs who definitely have it worse than us. Wtf. 

2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Why do the Trust need to organise things? There were plenty of well publicised protests organised by the Magpie Group but 90% of people did fuck all.....although I'm glad that a sizeable chunk seemed to have walked away.

Were you involved in the protests two years ago by the way?

I was involved in them. I’ve been involved in most of them, apart from the Cardiff game as I was on holiday.

As I’ve repeated many times, it’d be best managed by the Trust because they have the resources to organise a successful one.

Hurst has promoted the 50+1 petition. I agree with that but Trust need to have a think about this while enthusiastically backing the PCP takeover.

I don't think it's totally incompatible to back a billionaire takeover while supporting 50+1, one can be a non-ideal short-term goal and another a long term goal. But it needs more though (this is the Saudi state FFS). Also understand he can be acting in personal capacity, but ...

i've joined countless protests.

i've boycotted, i've walked in late, i've walked out early, i've help hand out leaflets inside the ground and outside.

each time i've been abused and mocked by fellow fans.

as someone said earlier - ticket pricing, scheduling, facilities... none of these have been addressed by the club despite NUST's efforts.

the priority above all else is to get ashley out. doesnt matter if the club's on the verge of being sold or not (we never get told the truth anyway).

9 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Oh the old it could be worse chestnut. We could of fallen a few divisions/went bust. Well it could be better. Did some ground hopping since I jacked my ticket. Trying to do the 92. I've been envious of lower league fans at some of the places I've visited cos their owners want their clubs to be as good as they can be. The fans can wholeheartedly back their side and are valued.

The whole point of what he was saying there is that football fans should come together and not worry about the debate about who has it better or worse. Not sure everyone is understanding from those tweets. 

Admittedly I hastily skimmed over the opening and key line of those tweets re hierarchy and was blinded by the Ashley/Glazer, Pompey, Charlton stuff. Still feel many fans think along those lines of it could be worse and so accept our plight though.

Good stuff though pledges started to dry up towards the end of month

would seem to be around 60k worth of pledges a month, so about 700k a year. Don’t get me wrong that’s a pretty good number but if Hearts fans can raise 125-50k a month surely we can do better?

5 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Good stuff though pledges started to dry up towards the end of month

would seem to be around 60k worth of pledges a month, so about 700k a year. Don’t get me wrong that’s a pretty good number but if Hearts fans can raise 125-50k a month surely we can do better?

Think that situation was quite different - weren't they raising the money with the immediate prospect of buying the club outright? There's not the same sense of urgency or potential here.

45 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Think that situation was quite different - weren't they raising the money with the immediate prospect of buying the club outright? There's not the same sense of urgency or potential here.

They were also literally paying money in to save the club from liquidation. 

Posted (edited)

It was launched well over a month ago, right? 3 April I think. So the majority of the reoccurring monthly payments would’ve already come out as most of the 60k was pledged really quickly.

A recent increase of 20k seems to suggest there isn’t many monthly subscribers and a majority of the initial were one-offs.

Good takeover news will possibly reduce the appetite lower than it already was too. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

31 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was launched well over a month ago, right? 3 April I think. So the majority of the reoccurring monthly payments would’ve already come out as most of the 60k was pledged really quickly.

A recent increase of 20k seems to suggest there isn’t many monthly subscribers and a majority of the initial were one-offs.

Good takeover news will possibly reduce the appetite lower than it already was too. 

It would be interesting to know the value of the largest say half a dozen donations in that initial phase too, obviously without names attached to see what share of the total they made up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched with interest the other supporters groups, particularly the top 6 and how they have, in a short space of time, won concessions with their clubs by organised protests against the owners.

I must admit he NUST stance of not been a protest group is really making me question my membership and my monthly contributions, I'll see what happens over the summer but if nothing has changed by the time the season starts, I'm out.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I have watched with interest the other supporters groups, particularly the top 6 and how they have, in a short space of time, won concessions with their clubs by organised protests against the owners.

I must admit he NUST stance of not been a protest group is really making me question my membership and my monthly contributions, I'll see what happens over the summer but if nothing has changed by the time the season starts, I'm out.

I’m still firmly on the side of NUST and I support the pledge scheme 100% and to be fair, as a supporters trust they are in their infancy compared to most and to be even fairer to them, we don’t have the kind of militant or united fanbase other clubs like LFC, Man Utd et al do when it comes to protests etc. Just look at the opposition to the (successful for me) Sack Pardew and Ashley Out campaigns. The trust has some very good people behind the scenes none more so than our very own @Greg and fans/members of the trust like myself and you I suppose need to perhaps voice our thoughts in bigger numbers to them to address the issues you’ve rightly raised and ideally in the immediate future would be exactly what our Trust stands for.

Edited by HTT II

100% agree the trust and pledge are ran by genuine people that only want the best for the club, but with regards to achievements, when was the last time a fans forum took place, Ashley and Charnely never communicate with fans, even after promises to do so, there seems to be little to no pressure on them to do so, reporters are banned again, not a word from the trust, St James is falling to bits, not a word from the trust.

Personally I think we need action at the minute we don't even get words.