Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

I have no idea who you all are or why I am still coming here daily but that's the way I like it 

Likewise.

Id say the 'clique' is just the everyday posters who obviously discuss this shit club daily.

I'm happy on the sidelines. Well not happy, pretty despondent actually[emoji38]

seen as we have ventured off topic (a main stay of the place these days) I will try and not take this down a debate path but in my mind the posters here for years and contributing regularly and often is the biggest strength and weakness of the place. 

Without people contributing the forum would die and sometimes the same people can turn into a one voice sort of thing drowning out other opinion (you usually gravitate to people in life who challenge you or have a like minded point of view). It is bound to happen when we have been "together" for so long. 

Differences do occasionally get attacked and quite forcefully at times but sometimes people don't let it go and the loops we go around is tiresome for all involved. 

I do however commend people for having the strength of mind to put their opinion out there for others to analyse/mock/agree/disagree etc  

Edited by nufcjmc

7 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Credit where it’s due, they’ve listened to the members and raised the takeover. I did fear they would just concentrate on their pledge scheme.

I also like that they pointed out that the club ignores its supporters too, with proof.

good idea in essence but just because they raise £3m, doesnt neccessarily mean whoever owns the club will let them buy a share of the club. and also how much power would a 1% ownership bring?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

tenor.gif

Fuck off with your shit crackpot ideas built on Alex’s personal dreams and get shit done.

Yep, now is the time for this lot to show that they are actually capable of making a difference.

"If the EPL continues to insist that the Club’s claim must be determined behind closed doors, the Club asks that MPs, the government, the media and the general public call on the EPL to finally accept public scrutiny of its decision-making process."

Adding pressure to the PL, sustained pressure, would do a world of good to support transparent governance in the future. At both Newcastle regardless of this particular takeover, and at the organisational level