Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

Love you to bits HTT, but Fantail has a point there. You were slating the fans for going to games/ buying season tickets etc. But these same people are also the main folks at NUST like Alex. If you are digging at the fans for going, then people like Alex must be in that bracket too.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Love you to bits HTT, but Fantail has a point there. You were slating the fans for going to games/ buying season tickets etc. But these same people are also the main folks at NUST like Alex. If you are digging at the fans for going, then people like Alex must be in that bracket too.

I agree, he shouldn’t be going, but that’s my opinion, I can separate the Trust from that though and agree or see what good they are hoping to achieve/do.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Another one who can’t use the ignore feature. Managed to find the delete one though.

Guilty of typing exactly what I think. Shouldn’t have posted it but still think it

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You’re not even making any sense now.

You can’t explain anything the Trust has acheived,

You can’t explain anything the Trust has offered.

You’ve called all match going fans out for ‘allowing Ashley to rape the club’ and then had to backtrack when it’s recognised the Trust Chair and Co-chair are in that group.

I’ve been really clear - all they need to do is think about the fans, rather than their own profiles, when making decisions. Sadly, time after time they fail.

They are thinking about the fans, and our club and are TRYING to do something about that, but you know… they need the fans on board to achieve that. I’d say 100K plus already pledged btw is a huge success or rather a huge statement. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Rafalove said:

The trust have offered us a chance to get behind the opportunity to buy a part of the club which is fucking huge.

Rather be part of Sports Direct and Brucie myself like, but each to their own!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Btw, that’s not me telling YOU to fuck off, I promised myself not to get involved in any hostilities on here any more with anyone, it’s the sentiment really I’m saying EFF OFF to, and JL, you come across as a troll, but I respect your right to an opinion and you don’t need anyone bashing you, so… anyway I’m all for the Trust, good guys, good agenda, good on them and good luck to them. 

My posts are my opinion, I’m not posting to wind people up - people seem to get wound up when they have a difference of opinion. 

It’s just a bit boring really. People just need to get a grip and realise they won’t agree with everyone about everything.

I agree with @Joey Lintonon quite a bit, but some times I don’t (such as his posts about going to matches). I don’t throw a wobble and call him a troll, a cunt, Luke Edwards or whatever else is levied at us.

People will agree with me on some things and disagree on others. That’s fine. I’ll say my bit, they can say theirs and then we’ll agree to disagree and move on.

It’s not surprise this place lacks in decent new members - because you’re only really allowed to post if you tow the line on specific subjects. There is probably plenty reading this who agree with me, but they won't sign up and say so - because they can’t be arsed to take the crap that comes with it. 

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

The trust have offered us a chance to get behind the opportunity to buy a part of the club which is fucking huge.

And I agree with that - but it’s the wrong thing to do at this point in time and was destined to fail before it even started.

Any decent communication with their paying members would have told them that. It’s a dreadful waste of time and resources that could be better spent on highlighting the complete fuckery of our takeover.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

My posts are my opinion, I’m not posting to wind people up - people seem to get wound up when they have a difference of opinion. 

It’s just a bit boring really. People just need to get a grip and realise they won’t agree with everyone about everything.

I agree with @Joey Lintonon quite a bit, but some times I don’t (such as his posts about going to matches). I don’t throw a wobble and call him a troll, a cunt, Luke Edwards or whatever else is levied at us.

People will agree with me on some things and disagree on others. That’s fine. I’ll say my bit, they can say theirs and then we’ll agree to disagree and move on.

It’s not surprise this place lacks in decent new members - because you’re only really allowed to post if you tow the line on specific subjects. There is probably plenty reading this who agree with me, but they won't sign up and say so - because they can’t be arsed to take the crap that comes with it. 

Very fair points and I totally respect that, sometimes we all get too heated over certain subjects, I’m pretty sure the truth of the matter of everyone is that WE ALL want what’s best for our club though, and may that happen!

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

And I agree with that - but it’s the wrong thing to do at this point in time and was destined to fail before it even started.

Any decent communication with their paying members would have told them that. It’s a dreadful waste of time and resources that could be better spent on highlighting the complete fuckery of our takeover.

Could they not do both? Let’s not forget this was three years worth of planning, so predicting the right time is always going to be difficult. I would agree it should have been done ten years ago, but better late than never. I have no problem with people criticising NUST or Alex but I’ve seen nothing to suggest self interest is a problem which has been accused of him. 

let’s just get behind this, man. They’ve done something right here.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You’re not allowed to point of the deficiencies man, Greg runs it!

Stifler will be here in a minute to post his glowing assessment of them, after applying for every role they’ve ever had out.

Ok, that’s two sly digs you took at me in recent weeks, both in threads topics I’ve not recently been active in.

What is your problem with me?

Edited by Stifler

22 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Ok, that’s two sly digs you took at me in recent weeks, both in threads topics I’ve not recently been active in.

What is your problem with me?

Last time NUST were discussed I recalled you being vocal in your unwavering support, was it not you? 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Last time NUST were discussed I recalled you being vocal in your unwavering support, was it not you? 

I know Greg does good work because I have discussed it with him in the past and have passed off stuff to him which he has taken further via the NUST. I have met him and know he works hard for the club and did before he joined NUST. Linda Bush despite her criticism recently also works hard for the woman’s side of things, academy ideas, and inclusive pledges.

I think a lot of what NUST does is behind the scenes and therefor they get criticism for not doing much, or not being a protest group. I have said as well as others that they need to communicate better, and they have taken steps towards this, but ultimately still suffer from people not knowing what they do.

As for Alex Hurst, without mention him directly I have previously said that there was someone within the trust who I don’t fully trust. That person was Alex, I did think towards the end he was doing a lot of talking and putting his face out more than he maybe should have, again though he could be doing a lot of things in the background that we don’t know about. Ultimately though he is no longer chair of the group and I think they will be in better hands having Greg who can give resonated debates or give a general fan opinion to the public/media without getting into needless conflicts.

As it happens, before Greg joined the NUST I have been very skeptical of them, and have said that on here many times before. As this posts has shown I think they are getting better but there is still room for improvement.

In answer to your question, no I’m not blindly behind the NUST. However this doesn’t explain why you name checked me when there is plenty of people on here who are far more supportive and vocal about it than me on here, and why you named checked me on another thread which I’m not active in, which other people actually pointed out to me and asked why you had name checked me.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In answer to your question, no I’m not blindly behind the NUST. However this doesn’t explain why you name checked me when there is plenty of people on here who are far more supportive and vocal about it than me on here, and why you named checked me on another thread which I’m not active in, which other people actually pointed out to me and asked why you had name checked me.

I’ve explained my reasoning behind my post today. 

My other post (which I had to check as I couldn’t remember) was a reference to your posting after nearly every NUFC game where you blame the referee for something ludicrous.

I think that’s a fairly well known thing :lol: 

I’ll send you a personalised keyring, to apologise. PM me your address.

I think this whole scheme needed one or a couple of big donors to make it succeed.

for example ant or dec are worth a fortune and could donate a million quid easy. They could even think of it as  compensation to the world for forcing us to listen to their crap “Bantz” for the last 20 years.

I think a big donor hitting the news would get the little people putting money in again.

7 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I agree with fanny about the clique thing on here like, there definitely is, though it keeps getting denied.

I couldn't really care less is everyone hates me, but it probably puts off potential new members.

Who's in it then? I'm yet to see a single person answer that.

Guest HTT II

There is no cliques on here in reality. What people don’t seem to realise is that many members have been around for over a decade and have over time formed real or virtual friendships or certainly close inter personal similar views, likes, opinions etc. This is the most welcoming, helpful and decent forum there is around IMO. The general rule of the thumb, don’t be a twat and you won’t get called out as such. Look at me, I’m arguably the BOSS around here, an N.O legend, you’d think I’d be untouchable, but whenever I’ve been a twat, which is rare, I’ve been hammered for it. Even by my own clique! 

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

There is no cliques on here in reality. What people don’t seem to realise is that many members have been around for over a decade and have over time formed real or virtual friendships or certainly close inter personal similar views, likes, opinions etc. This is the most welcoming, helpful and decent forum there is around IMO. The general rule of the thumb, don’t be a twat and you won’t get called out as such. Look at me, I’m arguably the BOSS around here, an N.O legend, you’d think I’d be untouchable, but whenever I’ve been a twat, which is rare, I’ve been hammered for it. Even by my own clique! 

You were doing so well you twat.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

You were doing so well you twat.

Hey, are you in my clique? If not get the fuck outta here man! 

24 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Hey, are you in my clique? If not get the fuck outta here man! 

I was when it was discreet. Now you've blown the cover YOU get the fuck outta here.

Edited by Happinesstan

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Lol, it was half toungue in cheek tbh...

You in it like? :bluestar:

We are all in it tbh. Well those who are part of the secret forum part of the secret forum part anyway. If you like a lot of my posts going forward I’ll nominate you for future membership/inclusion so you can be part of the clique which to be honest, is full of cunts anyway.