Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, christ said:

Got to be honest, I always thought TF was try-hard as fuck when it came to the non-football stuff. Dreadful dinner party liberalism put to paper by a bloke who went to see 808 State once and thought he was Madchester incarnate. Even as a nascent lefty in the early to mid 00s who threw himself at the feet of anyone vaguely radical I knew it was properly shit. Shame like, because there was evidently a market for a left leaning fanzine that wasn’t a tribute to Red Issue.

I’ve no idea of the politics of Hurst et al but it wouldn’t surprise me if MM has got into bed with the type of people he spent most of the last thirty years performatively attacking. 

Keep on keepin’ on.

Yeah, I used to enjoy United We Stand, and True Faith just felt like an embarrassing tribute act most of the time.  Seemed to be claiming an identity for Newcastle that did not chime with my experience at all.

9 hours ago, ozzie1980 said:

They rightly asked the questions of Ashley, where's the money gone and how much did Sports Direct pay for advertising. But how much do Phoenix Taxis pay to advertise?

They are making a fortune from the Patreon subscribers. Where does all that money go? 885 subscribers at the moment. That's around £7k a month before Patreon take off their fees.

And whilst I'm on a TF rant, like, can someone, like, tell that Kyle they have on, like,  sometimes that he doesn't have to like, say the word like, every sentence, like.

I have to say I've bought the fanzine since issue 1, used to be a subscriber and listen to their free podcasts that I generally enjoy listening to (although i do roll my eyes when i see Charlotte is on again) but some things have always knarked me.

Likewise, I was a reader from issue 1 though I drifted away from it around 2010.  

8 hours ago, christ said:

Got to be honest, I always thought TF was try-hard as fuck when it came to the non-football stuff. Dreadful dinner party liberalism put to paper by a bloke who went to see 808 State once and thought he was Madchester incarnate. Even as a nascent lefty in the early to mid 00s who threw himself at the feet of anyone vaguely radical I knew it was properly shit. Shame like, because there was evidently a market for a left leaning fanzine that wasn’t a tribute to Red Issue.

I’ve no idea of the politics of Hurst et al but it wouldn’t surprise me if MM has got into bed with the type of people he spent most of the last thirty years performatively attacking. 

Keep on keepin’ on.

Agreed - but it was what was available.

Hurst is a Tory - he confirmed this in an article for the FT:

https://www.ft.com/content/cca67e3a-619a-11ea-b3f3-fe4680ea68b5

Newcastle United update on Wembley ticketing 

The Trust has received a significant volume of requests in relation to the process applied to the sale of tickets for the forthcoming Carabao  Cup Final.

As result, the Trust have today contacted the club seeking additional clarification of the process that has been applied – in response, the club have provided us with the below update to share with Members.

NUFC Response

"We appreciate that every Newcastle United supporter wants to be there to support the team at Wembley and we offer our sincere apologies to anyone who has been left disappointed.

Unfortunately, demand has greatly outstripped the supply of tickets we have been allocated for the Carabao Cup Final and we are unable to obtain more.

With this in mind, we considered our options around ticket sales very carefully and worked hard to ensure tickets were made available to supporters in as fair and equitable a way as possible.

Accordingly, we established a set of priority periods based on eligibility criteria - heavily weighted towards season ticket holder status, number of loyalty points and Carabao Cup ticket purchasing history during the current 2022/23 season.

97% of the tickets available within the priority periods have been purchased by current season ticket holders, with a very small allocation made available to members and supporters with a purchase history in the Carabao Cup. This is in line with our on-sale policy throughout previous rounds of the competition.

In addition, a small allocation has been allocated to our hard-working full-time staff, our players and coaches’ families, our owners and our official partners at a ratio that benchmarks favourably in comparison to other clubs that have reached domestic cup finals in recent years.

We appreciate this will be little consolation to any supporter who has missed out, but we hope the above information is helpful in understanding how tickets have been allocated.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. Your support is truly appreciated.”

The club have also outlined their process for contacting NUFC about Wembley tickets should you feel the need.

All Supporter Services enquiries – [email protected]
Complaints – see the club’s complaints procedure in the Customer Service section https://www.nufc.co.uk/fans/supporter-charter/

The Trust is grateful to Newcastle United for this communication and we will consult with members further after the Cup Final to collate feedback about the ticket process for Wembley, and ticketing in general, with the aim of aiding the club and members where we can.

That 97% of tickets for Wembley went to season ticket holders for the Cup Final shows there is little doubt that the club has put season ticket holders first when allocating tickets.

­

JOIN THE TRUST 

• 4 weeks later...

Daz raises a good point I reckon. Not saying everyone in the Trust is all about personal gain (or for their podcast etc) but the overall image of them does portray that that’s the case. 

He's not wrong about it needing to be independent and not about any one person or group like, we all say that on here. Whether the Trust have earned a reputation for cronyism fairly or unfairly, it's definitely there. Many on here will have experienced first hand just how poisonous some of these alterior-motived individuals are to our collective cause, often having been welcomed in with open arms.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Said he's arranging something. Brilliant, thats all we need. A fella who's happily known as 'chinky' representing the fans. 

Same cunt who organised a flyby of Sunderland’s ground and cowered behind Bradley Lowery’s death.

13 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

From that though, apparently 25% of away tickets are going to corporate?

Seems crazy high but if that's true its a disgrace 

I think it’s more likely to be a number than a %.

So say it’s 400ish per game. That’s obviously a far bigger % when it’s Brentford than it is when it’s most other places.

21 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Kicking off on this thread

Hilarious as MM was blowing smoke up Daz ‘Chinky’ (😡) Curry’s arse for the London booze cruises for NUFC away fans.  Curry was called out on the Sunderland plane shite because 1) it’s shit ‘top bantz’ wank and 2) the fucker was doing it knowing full well it was likely to be young Bradley Lowery’s final game.   He kept offering to ‘meet’ people who criticised it and questioned their supporter credentials.  Curry is a self-appointed Uber fan who can only respond to people by saying that ‘I haven’t seen you at an away game’ to any cunt he doesn’t know personally.  Mainly because the thick twat doesn’t understand NUFC has a couple of thousand of away regulars, most of whom won’t really recognise each other unless they have a very distinct appearance.  A pair of self-aggrandising bores who like nothing more than telling others how their fucking hobby should be consumed. 

edit: the man with the ‘hilarious’ racist nickname is absolutely correct in pretty much everything he said in that thread for me btw, other than the usual wank about ‘not seeing them at away games’.  The daft test actually thinks he gets to decide on someone’s fan status if their face registers. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

I've lost a lot of faith in the trust but splintering off into another faction is absolutely the wrong idea.

And why is seeing someone at an away day some kind of right of passage into the Uber fan club? I've never seen Darren curry at an away match and tbh, going off his interactions online I'd never want to meet him ever.

He can run for a place on the trust at the elections and I'm sure all of his Twitter mates who want him to make Britain great again can vote him on.

If he wants to start a movement for the betterment of match day experience then Fair do's, but not another trust man ffs.

Trying not to be too much of a c*nt, because I'm sure he's well intentioned.

Edited by NE27

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

I've lost a lot of faith in the trust but splintering off into another faction is absolutely the wrong idea.

And why is seeing someone at an away day some kind of right of passage into the Uber fan club? I've never seen Darren curry at an away match and tbh, going off his interactions online I'd never want to meet him ever.

He can run for a place on the trust at the elections and I'm sure all of his Twitter mates who want him to make Britain great again can vote him on.

If he wants to start a movement for the betterment of match day experience then Fair do's, but not another trust man ffs.

Trying not to be too much of a c*nt, because I'm sure he's well intentioned.

Purely out of curiosity. What are your dealings with regards the NUST? As in contact with them, membership status, issues raised with them and meetings attended?

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Purely out of curiosity. What are your dealings with regards the NUST? As in contact with them, membership status, issues raised with them and meetings attended?

I've been a member for years, I'm still paid now.

I carry out any survey I'm sent although I'm yet to attend a meeting. I've forwarded my concerns about match day atmosphere in email correspondence.

I wouldn't ever run for any position at nust as I honestly couldn't commit the time as I'm a field based engineer.

I've nothing to hide, I'm not the most vociferous or critical, but I'm also not sitting on the sidelines doing nixxy, I'd like to think.

21 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I've been a member for years, I'm still paid now.

I carry out any survey I'm sent although I'm yet to attend a meeting. I've forwarded my concerns about match day atmosphere in email correspondence.

I wouldn't ever run for any position at nust as I honestly couldn't commit the time as I'm a field based engineer.

I've nothing to hide, I'm not the most vociferous or critical, but I'm also not sitting on the sidelines doing nixxy, I'd like to think.

Thanks for answering. I’ve never emailed as never get that riled up with anything apart from Ashley but like you a member and complete the surveys. Felt the one meeting I attended was the best way to communicate with them talking to them face to face so would recommend that if you ever can before losing complete faith.

23 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Wasn't Daz the one who was threatening to fight people on FB over that banner?

Yep.  Offering to meet anyone who questioned it.  Would also tell anyone that questioned it that he didn’t recognise their face from away games.  Daz, you see, knaaaas everyone.  Just like Steve Wraith knaas the Krays, Daz knaaaas everyone who goes to NUFC away games.

It amused me as a lad I know asked him not to do it on FB and got exactly the response above re threats and ‘don’t know you from away games’.  My mate certainly doesn’t go to every game, but probably attends six or seven away games a season.  Not enough for Mr Curry to do a positive ID, so therefore he isn’t a real fan.