Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Aye, even Wor Flags - who I think have got absolutely everything spot on in their time as a group - endorsing someone is obviously going to give that individual more votes.

But I suppose that is what democracy is. There's always someone with an advantage one way or another.

Unlucky @NSG , you done really well and like you say, there's always next time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They really need to earn their coin here, and very quickly too. This is exactly what they were created for.

I didn't think I'd see the day when the club come up with a worse idea than the dreadful Bond scheme of the late 90s, but they have somehow managed it right here with this shit show.

Biggest fan relations test since the new lot took over

Guess we'll really get to see how much they care about our amazing support that they are so keen to praise us for

"You were brilliant last season, we couldn't have done it without you" is sounding very fucking hollow right now.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

They really need to earn their coin here, and very quickly too. This is exactly what they were created for.

I didn't think I'd see the day when the club come up with a worse idea than the dreadful Bond scheme of the late 90s, but they have somehow managed it right here with this shit show.

Earn what coin? they are volunteers. 

12 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I get what you mean but they don’t get paid so poorly phrased. This is however as you say exactly the kind of thing you need a supporters trust for.

Are you a member?

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I get what you mean but they don’t get paid so poorly phrased. This is however as you say exactly the kind of thing you need a supporters trust for.

Are you a member?

Nah, not a member. I used to be but became cynical about their motives. This was a while ago mind so I could be tempted again, especially if they manage to get this fiasco amended.

56 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Nah, not a member. I used to be but became cynical about their motives. This was a while ago mind so I could be tempted again, especially if they manage to get this fiasco amended.

Strength in numbers 💪🏻 

1 hour ago, christ said:

Who was telling me we didn’t need a Supporter’s Trust anymore because the club was well run? :laugh:

Suppose we'll find out soon if a supporters trust is a worthwhile initiative if they can help sort this absolute shit show out.

19 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'm not 100% sure what's going on, I haven't followed it. Could someone breakdown why everyone seems to be up in arms? (Starting with the Memberships thing)

Those members that are successful in the ballot will be contacted by 5pm on Friday, 4th August, and payment will be processed. Seats are allocated randomly so you could be allocated tickets in any area of the stadium with the ticket range of £44 to £74 for an adult tickets (or the applicable concession rate, where applicable).

About sums it up. You can't select your seat and you get charged regardless of whether or not you end up with something unsuitable for you. From the club today

Yeah good stuff but I think lobbying against the price hike should be very much secondary (or even lower) to the insult that is no selection + automatic charging. If it's not an awful oversight then that decision is antisocial at best and outright discriminatory at worst (aka 'minor issues').

Shitty though it is, the prices were always gonna increase; I hope a fruitless endeavour regarding that doesn't interfere with the more urgent issue. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The prices also seem worse than they are because everyone is worrying about being charged £74. Or being forced to pay for a seat they don’t want. 

Yeah, if we’re assuming the £74 is Platinum Club and the like, how many are actually available each match? 300 at most? 

So out of somewhere in the region of ~10k being available, you haven’t really got much chance of getting one. And you’re certainly not going to get one consistently.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Summary of the Ticketing Round Table discussion hosted by the Trust. Good to see the majority of points raised were more or less the same as have been widely discussed on here. Obviously doesn’t necessarily get us any closer to solutions, but at least we know the Trust have the ear of the club to some degree, so at least they’re being made aware of what people believe to be issues.

IMG_9947.thumb.jpeg.1d9a52b79e2b096adc0429124e17736e.jpegIMG_9948.thumb.jpeg.5e683f9e96e4b791bb7643d23dab3228.jpegIMG_9949.thumb.jpeg.bb71bdaa862ab945634688976d85de54.jpegIMG_9950.thumb.jpeg.206d0f9d121dd8087ee0a7c160501c8e.jpegIMG_9951.thumb.jpeg.ce15f2da327f9acd0c29f6f4de4745a4.jpeg

Edited by SteV