PLEASE ALL READ: Donations...

Dave

Just a couple of questions not on your FAQ:

1) How come the admin members post less frequently here, like Andy, 80, Rich, Blufescu etc? These guys are usually worth reading on the rare occasions they do btw.

2) Why is this site worth paying donations for, yet Toontastic - and many respected members on this site's admin team quote from there - is free?

Can only speak for myself in relation to 1) but I've been away for about 4 months without any access to the internet (or any time to get on the internet, really). Since I've got back things have been fairly manic as well with work, university and placement stuff. Just don't have the time I did last year and beyond.

As far as 2) goes - the size issue is a big one (the amount of posters/data we carry over here is obscene really and costs a hell of a lot to maintain) and I think the donations last time spoke for themselves. If people enjoy the place and can afford to donate, then they hopefully will, we certainly don't offer any extra privileges for those that do donate like. I was amazed at the help everyone gave last time and I'm already amazed at how generous people have been in the early-going here. People are canny.

What I would say rich, is that what makes this site worth it's worth paying for is the contribution of it's members who contribute with worthwhile posts. Not those who are good at MSN type chat, or those who are Soopafans, there are better avenues for that. Why not make this the best discussion forum and let's have everyone contribute with that in mind?

Thanks to you and the others who have chipped in so far. :)

The US Dollar to the Pound was a little painful, but Cheers for keeping this site up and consuming most of my time spent on the net.

I've definitely turned into a lurker over the last couple of years like (mainly due to being busy, and general increasing apathy towards football), I don't even do much admin any more, I'm just furniture. :aww:

Guest dazzanufc1892

rumour has it that NE5 is weighing up a large donation backed by an unknown iranian backer, however sillius is suggesting that heath ledgers joker is considering a last minute cash dash whilst being backed by americans biggest zillionaire who made all his cash selling second hand greggs pastys he imported.

Upon reading my post, llambias said these donations were serious, but that at least 7400 other donators were seriously considering it.

by this time next week, NO shall be fully sorted and operational for the long term.

Where are you going with this? ???

Just rambling really, there are some good posters who don't seem to be around much any more but that's just the way things go with these places I guess. Not everyone has the time or inclination to weigh in on a regular basis, but there are some decent contributors on the admin team when they do post.

I agree, but don't quite understand what that has to do with donations. We can't force people to post.

If you donate then brilliant, it's much appreciated. If not, no worries. You don't have to try and justify your decision.

Where are you going with this? ???

Just rambling really, there are some good posters who don't seem to be around much any more but that's just the way things go with these places I guess. Not everyone has the time or inclination to weigh in on a regular basis, but there are some decent contributors on the admin team when they do post.

That's why we're not saying everyone has to donate. If people choose not to that's more than fine. Like Dave said toontastic will be getting paid for one way or another like back in the day when Chris and I used to pay for the hosting. The site got bigger and bigger though and things change and it gets to the point where a couple of people can't support the site for a whole year. It's now on a dedicated server which isn't cheap and so it needs the help of the kind folk on here to keep it going.

probably a silly question, but is advertising not an option? I've seen some two bit football sites on the net with far less members than this have advertising. With the amount of local folk on here, I'd have thought local businesses would be interested. NUFC.com proves there is a market for it amongst toon fans; surely after that this is the most visited non-official site on the net?

probably a silly question, but is advertising not an option? I've seen some two bit football sites on the net with far less members than this have advertising. With the amount of local folk on here, I'd have thought local businesses would be interested. NUFC.com proves there is a market for it amongst toon fans; surely after that this is the most visited non-official site on the net?

I would much prefer if we can keep the site ad free, even if that means I have to pay a few pounds every year.

I would much prefer if we can keep the site ad free, even if that means I have to pay a few pounds every year.

As long as it is not in your face pop-up ads, and more in line with the ads in .com, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Each to their own I suppose.

As long as it is not in your face pop-up ads, and more in line with the ads in .com, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Each to their own I suppose.

I'm pro ads, if they could somehow be less horrible in your face standard internetty and more small time local businessy links.

This may not be nearly enough funding to keep the site up, but helping local business can never be a bad thing, if done well.

Tried to send money last night but couldnt work out how to pay with my visa, Dave help please

Send me your Visa details and I'll sort it for you. :thup:

can you help me please?

Um. This isn't real, is it? Please say no.

Guest Stephen927

Jesus H it actually was real, Mattis you tit :lol:

Someone edit his post I could have cleared out his account then at the push of a button