PLEASE ALL READ: Donations...

Dave

Guest thefishman

Dave your not mr moat, trying to raise funds to buy the club are ya?

On second thoughts, it seems fatfuck would use a forum to sell the club!

Just send us some fucking money or get the hell out.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm sure any help would be appreciated since we collectively know sweet fuck all when it comes to anything like this. You stingy old twat.

Just a couple of questions not on your FAQ:

1) How come the admin members post less frequently here, like Andy, 80, Rich, Blufescu etc? These guys are usually worth reading on the rare occasions they do btw.

2) Why is this site worth paying donations for, yet Toontastic - and many respected members on this site's admin team quote from there - is free?

1) How come the admin members post less frequently here, like Andy, 80, Rich, Blufescu etc? These guys are usually worth reading on the rare occasions they do btw.

2) Why is this site worth paying donations for, yet Toontastic - and many respected members on this site's admin team quote from there - is free?

The answer to the second question is that Toontastic is nowhere near as busy particularly during "peak" times.

Feel bad that I didn't donate last year but it was all closed up before I received my first scholarship payment. Don't start work until November, so if donations are kept open into December I'll donate two years worth. If not, I'll just have to donate three years next time.

Can only speak for myself in relation to 1) but I've been away for about 4 months without any access to the internet (or any time to get on the internet, really). Since I've got back things have been fairly manic as well with work, university and placement stuff. Just don't have the time I did last year and beyond.

As far as 2) goes - the size issue is a big one (the amount of posters/data we carry over here is obscene really and costs a hell of a lot to maintain) and I think the donations last time spoke for themselves. If people enjoy the place and can afford to donate, then they hopefully will, we certainly don't offer any extra privileges for those that do donate like. I was amazed at the help everyone gave last time and I'm already amazed at how generous people have been in the early-going here. People are canny.

Can only speak for myself in relation to 1) but I've been away for about 4 months without any access to the internet (or any time to get on the internet, really). Since I've got back things have been fairly manic as well with work, university and placement stuff. Just don't have the time I did last year and beyond.

As far as 2) goes - the size issue is a big one (the amount of posters/data we carry over here is obscene really and costs a hell of a lot to maintain) and I think the donations last time spoke for themselves. If people enjoy the place and can afford to donate, then they hopefully will, we certainly don't offer any extra privileges for those that do donate like. I was amazed at the help everyone gave last time and I'm already amazed at how generous people have been in the early-going here. People are canny.

:thup:

It's certainly not a competition with Toontastic btw - the more good NUFC sites the better IMO - but their site certainly isn't 'free'. They have a few people who pay for the server/hosting I believe and they do it off their own back (like some of have done on here in the past...). If they opened up for donations on there I'm sure they would get them from their regulars.