Daily Mail = "Sh*t newspaper"...Stephane Guivarc'h

Optimistic Nut

Ali Dia.

Lillian Laslandes.

Nicolas Medina.

3 worse strikers who played and not surprisingly never scored.

remember another peter reid masterstroke, 'striker' milton nunez? £3m - 1 appearance 0 goals

They signed the wrong Nunez apparently.  The guy they got was a farmer.  No shit.

Got our money back for him too. How many games was it Forlan went before he scored?

Think it was close to a million.

Might as well just round up. Gui'v'ar'c''h scored in his second, much better player.

Completely agree really, he didn't play enough to be properly judged and there would be many far worse who played more games.

100% agree

Ali Dia.

Lillian Laslandes.

Nicolas Medina.

Medina = defensive midfielder

Ali Dia.

Lillian Laslandes.

Nicolas Medina.

remember another peter reid masterstroke, 'striker' milton nunez? £3m - 1 appearance 0 goals

Didn't remember him so I googled him and found this:

"ilton Nunez born (November 30, 1972 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras) is a former Sunderland A.F.C. player. He is somehow a cult hero at Sunderland A.F.C. despite only ever making one appearance for Sunderland in the year 2001 as a substitute in a league cup tie against Wimbledon. He is playing as a striker. He is only 4'11 tall, which is one of the things which made him unique."

Surely that can't be right?

Ps. Check out the source: http://sunderland.wikia.com/wiki/Milton_Nunez

Ali Dia.

Lillian Laslandes.

Nicolas Medina.

Didn't remember him so I googled him and found this:

"ilton Nunez born (November 30, 1972 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras) is a former Sunderland A.F.C. player. He is somehow a cult hero at Sunderland A.F.C. despite only ever making one appearance for Sunderland in the year 2001 as a substitute in a league cup tie against Wimbledon. He is playing as a striker. He is only 4'11 tall, which is one of the things which made him unique."

Surely that can't be right?

Ps. Check out the source: http://sunderland.wikia.com/wiki/Milton_Nunez

quite possibly. someone on RTG says he was shorter than michael gray...

the only thing poor Stephane missed in that article was "oh, and that fat cunt who works for them, Steve Curry, is a total dick.  I'm surprised he's not had a coronary yet".

Such a prick that bloke, I know I'm in for a shit day when it's that cunt doing the papers on SSN before I leave.

Worst Striker in the history of the Premier League - let's kick Newcastle when they're down again without looking at the facts.  I remember watching this guy with horror and wondering if he won a 'play for Forest for a year' competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Silenzi

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00179/silenzi_179956s.jpg

Albert Luque was worse for us that Stephanie. Kevin Davies at blackburn was a shocker. Bianchi didn't last long at City, what happened to Nery Castillo there? And Bojinov? Rasiak had an interesting spell at Spurs. There's a real multitude of turd strikers out there when you get thinking.

Oh dear, Stephane. Never complain, never explain.

What - even when you're RIGHT ?

It's one of those sayings that doesn't apply 100% of the time maybe, but what has Guivarc'h achieved here except draw attention to the article and start off a debate as to just how crap he really was? He'd have been far better off ignoring it. Bleating about Gullit just makes him look silly.

Also, if we're just talking Prem strikers then Shola has to be up there :lol:

Shola's turned out a lot of shite performances for us over the years but i wouldn't say he comes into the 'worst Premier League strikers' category. The turning point for him was at the end of the 05/06 season, when he was finally out of Shearer's shadow. I'm still gutted for him over that pelvic (?) injury that kept him out of the following Roeder season. He's never recovered.

Also, if we're just talking Prem strikers then Shola has to be up there :lol:

Shola's turned out a lot of shite performances for us over the years but i wouldn't say he comes into the 'worst Premier League strikers' category. The turning point for him was at the end of the 05/06 season, when he was finally out of Shearer's shadow. I'm still gutted for him over that pelvic (?) injury that kept him out of the following Roeder season. He's never recovered.

Nah, he's nowhere near it really. I'd be surprised if there's a worse premierleague striker who's played as many games as he has though.