George Caulkin

Tooj

Guest bimpy474

I’ll relay a quick story. Over the summer I was asked by you, Newcastle, not to write something. This does not take place very often, but it happens. Just as journalists make mistakes but have sub-editors to correct grammar or statistics or tinker with the style or content of cCAULKINISANIDIOTopy, so managers, players or directors can misspeak in interviews.

I can understand that (I like to make at least one error in absolutely everything I file). What I was asked not to write were words of PRAISE from one employee of the club about another because, I was told, Mr Ashley would be furious about reading such praise.

So Ashley would be upset to read praise about one of the club's employees? I assume it is someone who has since left.

The TV guy, Rob Scanlon ?.

Or it could be Llambias, given he and MA supposedly fell out, which would explain Ashley being "furious", especially if they parted on bad terms at the time.

Aye but then what's this talk of Llambias taking over at Rangers. Unless they've made up since of course.

Wasn't it not reported somewhere they had patched up whatever it was that caused them to fall out?

I have no idea mate, i've not seen anything myself.

I don't get the point of that letter/email.

It's either "I used to write up favourably upon you but after your recent stunts I'm no longer doing that" or "Thank you for allowing me to still have access".

Either way it just looks very self centric.

He's been too pro-Pardew. By far the best covering us, though, Farrington's Twitter outburst notwithstanding.

Has he? I read most of his articles and can't remember him being particularly supportive of Pardew, which would probably have annoyed me. What has he said?

He hasn't been critical of Pardew at all really, which I would think he might have since he doesn't write for the local press any more. But at least he doesn't patronise us with the ignorant crap that the rest of the national journos usually do, so always a good read.

It's either "I used to write up favourably upon you but after your recent stunts I'm no longer doing that" or "Thank you for allowing me to still have access".

I think he's a psychopath if I'm honest.  White, check, middle class, check.

:lol:

He's been too pro-Pardew. By far the best covering us, though, Farrington's Twitter outburst notwithstanding.

This is the truth.

He's spot on in regards to the running of the club but I don't recall seeing him being critical of Pardew at all.

He's largely avoided the issue with Pardew in the past year and rather focused on the wider context of what's happening, preserving the values that are quickly being detatched from the club, lots of references to Sir Bobby etc. But in order for him to have a functional relationship with the first team manager and consequently cover first team issues, I understand why he's held back. In private, I'd be very surprised if he isn't hating on the entire regime, Pardew included.

He's been very honest in his treatment and telling of Ashley for many years. For example, I remember him writing an alternative letter to the supporters when we went down, rather than the one Ashley wrote, which was outstanding.

Guest Roger Kint

:spit:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...