George Caulkin

Tooj

You's are thinking of someone regarding being a Bradford fan... Works on The Journal I think but name escapes me.

EDIT: Paul Fraser of The Echo.

Nah Douglas is a Bradford fan, he constantly mentions it on twitter.

I thought we were talking about Caulkin :lol:

If you check Fraser's Twitter A/C he's even in a strip that looks like Bradford so maybe they both are?

Had a feeling it was also someone from The Journal too.

What a brilliant article. Spot on.

So come on then, who on here started SackPardew.com and how do I get into the secret area on here? It can't have been toontastic surely.....

I wondered about this too. However I'm sure if there was a secret area, I'd have heard about it.

:pards:

What a brilliant article. Spot on.

So come on then, who on here started SackPardew.com and how do I get into the secret area on here? It can't have been toontastic surely.....

I wondered about this too. However I'm sure if there was a secret area, I'd have heard about it.

:pards:

:lol:

Caulkin has mentioned attending Newcastle matches before becoming a journalist. I don't recall him saying that of the NE clubs. I sure he says this in an article somewhere.

He's being professional about it unlike that clown The Hunter on RTG who panders to his adoring forum fans by wearing his red and white tie on Sunday Supplement.

It's a brilliantly written article (I finally went back a few pages and saw it!). It's so refreshing to read articles like that when you hear so much utter rubbish from most journalists and 'pundits'.

Kind of sums up a lot of my feelings too. It doesn't even feel strange that I don't want to go anymore while Ashley is there. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest antz1uk

Caulkin is on the True Faith podcast tonight.

Can you suffer it on our behalf Wullie?  :lol:

Can't stand TF

they tend to behave when he is on, I think, or it may have been Simon Bird last time, however when they have a professional on they tend to not act like the usual adolescent pricks

Caulkin has mentioned attending Newcastle matches before becoming a journalist. I don't recall him saying that of the NE clubs. I sure he says this in an article somewhere.

He's being professional about it unlike that clown The Hunter on RTG who panders to his adoring forum fans by wearing his red and white tie on Sunday Supplement.

When he was a student he used to write for The Mag and sell The mag on home matchdays, as did Martin Hardy.

When he was a student he used to write for The Mag and sell The mag on home matchdays, as did Martin Hardy.

So did I, on both counts. :aww:

Can't stand TF

This. :lol:

Used to enjoy it but nowadays they just come across as smug as fuck without much knowledge of the game IMO.

Can't stand TF

This. :lol:

Used to enjoy it but nowadays they just come across as smug as f*** without much knowledge of the game IMO.

Hoooooo! Ha ha ha!

Guest antz1uk

couldn't find it either, they were waffling on about some film they're making in the one i started listening to, i fell asleep to it, unless George come in half way through, it's like they think they're some sort of northern personalities, ala her with the squeeky voice, her name escapes me

It's annoying, I don't mind them (when they're being serious) and they have relatively decent Newcastle United related opinions.. And compared to most NUFC podcasts and fan opinions it's ok but any two posters off here would do better knowledge-wise. Decent enough listen just to hear Caulkin, so far.

• 2 months later...
@squires_david I ghost-wrote those 'what is a club...' words in Sir Bobby's last book. This makes me v sad, David, but can't argue with it.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick, was the oft quoted Bobby Robson "club" actually written by George for his book?