Newcastle United 2-1 Doncaster Rovers - 24/10/09 - post match reaction from p20

PM

Someone might want to confirm this, but was the last time we came from behind to win a game the 4-1 against Spurs away?

And was the last home one 2-1 against Birmingham, with Beye scoring?

Huddersfield in the cup earlier this season, 3-1 down to win 4-3. Unless you're just counting league games?

Yeah I was only thinking about league games, but I'd forgot about Huddersfield

Doncaster Rovers manager Sean O'Driscoll it is worth a listen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/doncaster/8324365.stm

Best post-match I've heard in a while. That last line regarding our reliance on good players [relative to this league, before you start ;)] is pretty disheartening.

He comes across well & does not give run of the mill lines

Someone might want to confirm this, but was the last time we came from behind to win a game the 4-1 against Spurs away?

And was the last home one 2-1 against Birmingham, with Beye scoring?

Huddersfield in the cup earlier this season, 3-1 down to win 4-3. Unless you're just counting league games?

Yeah I was only thinking about league games, but I'd forgot about Huddersfield

Boro (H) last season ??

I went in the end

Stevie Harper-If he was a outfieild player I would like to think he was gan get dropped.

Kadar - Brilliant as he looks to play out of the back. Much better than Zurab.

Nolan - One of two fat c*** thats gives hope at SJP. If Ashley became a billionaire then anyone can. If Nolan can play PL football then anyone can. His big swinging boot is f***ing AWESOME

The Big AC - Was having awful game until the goal & assist for the winner must start in front M.Harewood.

Harewood - IF YOU WERE ONE OF THEM CHEERING LOUDLEY WHEN RANGER CAME ON & MARLON CAME OFF DROP ME A PM YOU f***ing c***!!!!! Aye he may be 3rd choice but f***ing hell you c***s they way yous cheered on lad who has scored ZERO goals for the first team was  100% disgraceful. I guess you were the sort of shitbags who booeed at halftime

Jonas - Just f*** off.

Jose & R.Taylor  - The only f***ers who knaw how to put a decent ball in the box

:mackems:

Doncaster Rovers manager Sean O'Driscoll it is worth a listen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/doncaster/8324365.stm

Best post-match I've heard in a while. That last line regarding our reliance on good players [relative to this league, before you start ;)] is pretty disheartening.

Very intelligent appraisal - sounds like a very decent guy.

Interesting comments about the effect our crowd has on the team, he politely and euphemistically called us an "expectant crowd".

Are we the only fans capable of whinging all the way to a league title? Will be interesting to find out.

I doubt it, if we wanted to be unique we'd have to accept poor performances and defeats without questioning what was going on, I doubt any fans do that.

Guest firetotheworks

Regardless of who you're playing you've got to show guts to win and the team showed a lot of guts in the last 15 minutes with 2 kids playing at centre back.

Overall a priceless if not thoroughly deserved win.  The penalty miss could go down as one of the defining moments in our season.

Regarding the booing of Harewood, booing is a strange thing - it doesn't take that many to make it seem loud. A thousand out of 44,000 will make quite a noise.

He was very poor but booing any player in a B&W shirt is disgraceful.

Normally I'd agree, and any player regardless of how they poor they've been shouldn't really be booed, however any player that has played badly without trying to get on the end of quality service, shouting at 19 year old defenders on their debut, shouting at players because the ball isn't delivered on a sixpence, fucking it up when it is, and generally walking around like a sulky dick who couldnt give a fuck then I think its probably, just about justified.

Went to the match yesterday then out on the drink all night so only just surfaced.

First 45 we were absolutely shocking, don't think I can remember us being more inept. Once Ranger came on we seemed to go up a gear, not sure why that was because Ranger didn't exactly set the world alight but he looked lively and at least managed to keep possession once he got the ball.

Ryan Taylor seemed to be playing right fullback and right wing, as there was nobody on the right of midfield. Guthrie was nearest, but he never got out wide. It meant we were very one dimensional, Taylor didn't dare (Or perhaps didn't have the ability to) get to the by-line, so could only cross from deep outside the box and it wasn't very effective.

Not sure if Guthrie was just ignoring that he was supposed to be a winger yesterday or if he was told to stay inside but we need to push someone one wide to give us balance. Guthrie may not be the best right winger in the world but he'll be better than what we did yesterday. Also, it would give the opposition someone else to have to worry about and give us another option in attack. Currently Jonas gets 2 men stuck on him at all times, and if we offered something down the other flank then it might give Jonas more space to be able to have an impact on the game.

Carroll missed a sitter, sure, but even before his goal and assist I thought he played pretty well. He gives 100%, puts himself about and actually wants the ball.

Compare that to Marlon Harewood... If that's the performance of a man trying to impress a potential new club then I'd hate to see how shit he'd be if we signed him full time. He looked like he didn't care and didn't want the ball. When he got the ball, he couldn't run at a man, lacked pace and had a shocking first touch. I didn't boo him because I'd never boo a player in black and white, but it was hard to argue against those that did.

Went to the match yesterday then out on the drink all night so only just surfaced.

First 45 we were absolutely shocking, don't think I can remember us being more inept. Once Ranger came on we seemed to go up a gear, not sure why that was because Ranger didn't exactly set the world alight but he looked lively and at least managed to keep possession once he got the ball.

ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION THERE LIKE :D

Ryan Taylor seemed to be playing right fullback and right wing, as there was nobody on the right of midfield. Guthrie was nearest, but he never got out wide. It meant we were very one dimensional, Taylor didn't dare (Or perhaps didn't have the ability to) get to the by-line, so could only cross from deep outside the box and it wasn't very effective.

Not sure if Guthrie was just ignoring that he was supposed to be a winger yesterday or if he was told to stay inside but we need to push someone one wide to give us balance. Guthrie may not be the best right winger in the world but he'll be better than what we did yesterday. Also, it would give the opposition someone else to have to worry about and give us another option in attack. Currently Jonas gets 2 men stuck on him at all times, and if we offered something down the other flank then it might give Jonas more space to be able to have an impact on the game.

PISSES ME RIGHT OFF, I KNOW GUTHRIE IS A CM PLAYER BUT SURLEY HE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO AS A WINGER

Carroll missed a sitter, sure, but even before his goal and assist I thought he played pretty well. He gives 100%, puts himself about and actually wants the ball.

Compare that to Marlon Harewood... If that's the performance of a man trying to impress a potential new club then I'd hate to see how shit he'd be if we signed him full time. He looked like he didn't care and didn't want the ball. When he got the ball, he couldn't run at a man, lacked pace and had a shocking first touch. I didn't boo him because I'd never boo a player in black and white, but it was hard to argue against those that did.

Guest Heneage

Nolan was a shining star in Sam Allardyce's Bolton Wanderers side in the Premier League, following his former manager upon his arrival at St. James' Park.

erm...

Bit late wasn't he. :lol:

We still drastically need more bodies I'd like us to be taking one of these wonderkids from the top four on loan, it seems to be working for QPR and Watford.

Are we the only fans capable of whinging all the way to a league title? Will be interesting to find out.

Power to you if you're totally happy with everything that is going on

Edit : We wont win the league

Nah, I'm not totally happy about what's going on... especially off the pitch. But on it we're top of the league after not playing great, considering what we were expecting this season it has got to be a great position to be in.

Also, funny how people who were logging on to say this season will be a disaster and we might get relegated again can now complain because we're only just top.

We don't have good players, so to expect good performances is a bit mad IMO. Results are all that matters at the moment, nothing more will happen until the club is sold and we can rebuild.

Sounds more like a petty dig iyam but fair do's. :pow:

Nothing like this then:

You were against us signing Nolan before we signed him, weren't you BigTRon. How long you going to keep face for?

Pretty much; but atleast i was actually engaging with the person in question. Not particularly petty... bit snide i guess but i was questioning his blatant agenda against Nolan, not plucking some random poster out of the air and spouting off. As if it matters.

Nah, I'm not totally happy about what's going on... especially off the pitch. But on it we're top of the league after not playing great, considering what we were expecting this season it has got to be a great position to be in.

Also, funny how people who were logging on to say this season will be a disaster and we might get relegated again can now complain because we're only just top.

We don't have good players, so to expect good performances is a bit mad IMO. Results are all that matters at the moment, nothing more will happen until the club is sold and we can rebuild.

Thinking about it, the only way some people would be happy is that if we had only perhaps lost once and drawn once, playing superior football to all around us and be 11 points clear after 14 games. 2 or 3 results away from this unrealistic ideal and we are of course shit.

Sounds more like a petty dig iyam but fair do's. :pow:

Nothing like this then:

You were against us signing Nolan before we signed him, weren't you BigTRon. How long you going to keep face for?

Pretty much; but atleast i was actually engaging with the person in question. Not particularly petty... bit snide i guess but i was questioning his blatant agenda against Nolan, not plucking some random poster out of the air and spouting off. As if it matters.

Blatant agenda? Questioning how much demand there'll be from Premier clubs hardly amounts to an agenda. I don't rate him because he's part of the problem with our midfield being too slow, but I did also say he should be playing at the moment because no one else is much cop either.

Thinking about it, the only way some people would be happy is that if we had only perhaps lost once and drawn once, playing superior football to all around us and be 11 points clear after 14 games. 2 or 3 results away from this unrealistic ideal and we are of course s***.

To be fair if you can't see the warning signs then football ain't your game.  People were saying even during our wins that we didn't look good and knew this sticky patch would come.  We're top because half of our squad is still PL players, they may not have shown it last season but individually they are.  Unfortunately for us Hughton can't harness their talents and get the team playing well together.

Regardless of who you're playing you've got to show guts to win and the team showed a lot of guts in the last 15 minutes with 2 kids playing at centre back.

Overall a priceless if not thoroughly deserved win.  The penalty miss could go down as one of the defining moments in our season.

Regarding the booing of Harewood, booing is a strange thing - it doesn't take that many to make it seem loud. A thousand out of 44,000 will make quite a noise.

Normally I'd agree, and any player regardless of how they poor they've been shouldn't really be booed, however any player that has played badly without trying to get on the end of quality service, shouting at 19 year old defenders on their debut, shouting at players because the ball isn't delivered on a sixpence, fucking it up when it is, and generally walking around like a sulky dick who couldnt give a fuck then I think its probably, just about justified.

Spot on there. :thup:

Guest toonlass

Spot on there. :thup:

Looking round me it was mainly kids booing him.  :blush: