Loven   Ranger   Jonas

Is probably what i'd play to be honest.

Be quite happy with that meself  :thup:

Harper

R Taylor   S Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

That's a sexy team, best I've read so far.

Guest Roger Kint

Harper

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

That would be nice to see but will never happen. Hughton wont think outside the box when it comes to preparing a team

Harper

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

I think the ball would come back a little too quickly with that team. Not sure they'd be able to hold the ball up if they needed to. Canny on the break though but i think you need to able to do both.

Harper

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

I think the ball would come back a little too quickly with that team. Not sure they'd be able to hold the ball up if they needed to. Canny on the break though but i think you need to able to do both.

We've played Harewood and Carroll up front and they've failed to make the ball stick, Ranger has done this more effectively than anyone else playing as a lone striker, which he would be in this system. It looks like it could work in theory, until we see it in practice we'll never know. It would be good away from home I reckon, Loven, Ranger and Jonas would provide some good pace on the counter attack.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd like to see:

Harper

Simpson    S.Taylor      Coloccini      Enrique

R.Taylor              Smith                Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll            Lovenkrands

Subs- Krul, Kadar, Butt, Donaldson, Geremi, Guthrie, Ranger

As long as we have that back four fit we shouldn't have many problems in this division IMO.

If you could (hypothetically) guarantee that back four I'd put my house on us for promotion.

Coloccini's injury record is excellent and Taylor's a fairly robust lad so I think they'll play more than most. I think we're quite well covered at centre back, the wide areas are the problem.

As long as we have that back four fit we shouldn't have many problems in this division IMO.

If you could (hypothetically) guarantee that back four I'd put my house on us for promotion.

Coloccini's injury record is excellent and Taylor's a fairly robust lad so I think they'll play more than most. I think we're quite well covered at centre back, the wide areas are the problem.

Let's get the champagne on ice in that case.

(Only joking)

Guest Stephen927

I'd like to see:

Harper

Simpson     S.Taylor      Coloccini       Enrique

R.Taylor               Smith                 Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll             Lovenkrands

Subs- Krul, Kadar, Butt, Donaldson, Geremi, Guthrie, Ranger

I would go with something very similar to that, definitely Nolan in behind the strikers as he is looking the most likely out of anyone to grab a goal right now, we can't seem to rely on any of our strikers to do their jobs.

When is Shola due back?

Guest prestonj1989

I would go with something very similar to that, definitely Nolan in behind the strikers as he is looking the most likely out of anyone to grab a goal right now, we can't seem to rely on any of our strikers to do their jobs.

When is Shola due back?

Around Christmas I think

When is Shola due back?

Around Christmas I think

Shola: the perfect present for NUFC supporters :aww:

Harper

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

We've played Harewood and Carroll up front and they've failed to make the ball stick, Ranger has done this more effectively than anyone else playing as a lone striker, which he would be in this system. It looks like it could work in theory, until we see it in practice we'll never know. It would be good away from home I reckon, Loven, Ranger and Jonas would provide some good pace on the counter attack.

Atleast two of the three strikers there don't have a cat in hell's chance of scoring. And i wouldn't want to pin all of the hope on Lovenkrands. Carroll has to play if you ask me, Ranger's best as an impact sub - he drifts in and out of the game when he's there for the full 90. He's good at ruffling the feathers when the opposition has worn out.

Guest toonlass

A defeat here may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Care to explain why not?

He probably think it may pressure ashley into allowing a loan signing or something, or maybe even sack Hughton.

:lol:

Simply because it will further fury fans, instead of masking over the shower of s*** we have just been hit with. It wont have any massive effect like, but I think if we could protest for that one game last season when the situation was considerably better, then surely now is the time to all Unite against this c***.

i thought the protest was a disaster tbh. did nothing but fuck up our season monumentally.

Do people still trot this shite line out?

A defeat here may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Care to explain why not?

He probably think it may pressure ashley into allowing a loan signing or something, or maybe even sack Hughton.

:lol:

Simply because it will further fury fans, instead of masking over the shower of s*** we have just been hit with. It wont have any massive effect like, but I think if we could protest for that one game last season when the situation was considerably better, then surely now is the time to all Unite against this c***.

i thought the protest was a disaster tbh. did nothing but f*** up our season monumentally.

Do people still trot this s**** line out?

If they're referring to the incidents surrounding the Hull game, then it's a decent, if misguided and useless, point. Even a draw against Hull means we stay up. If the atmosphere is not so antagonistic, maybe we get that. Moot point anyway, tbh, though.

Harper

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

So sexy the front three have a whopping no goals between them this season.

Harper

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

So sexy the front three have a whopping no goals between them this season.

You do realise that Shola and Nolan have easily outscored the rest of the team? There really haven't been many goals besides those two.