Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So much for our "youth" signing policy...  :crazy2:

Christ, even if we may have a "youth" signing policy, that doesn't mean that every now and then, if the right player is available, that we won't pick someone up who's over 30.

Even if the club had the finances of a Chelsea-Man City-Real Madrid coalition , making an average 36 year old centreback one of your topp earners is insanity.

One of our top earners?! :mackems:

From what I could guess, the only players earning more would be Barton, Coloccini, Smith, and Xisco. Barton and Smith are mistakes froma bygone era, Xisco will probaly be sold to the highest bidder (or any bidder), and only Colo has been a productive part of the club. From my estimation he would be the fifth highest earning player, which would make him one of our top earners. He would also be the highest paid signing under by Hughton by far. He would also be a 36 year old who managed to play 13 or so matches last year, which is not exactly a test of his durability.

Been away for a few days, just heard about this... yes!

Always been a fan of big Sol wasn't sure I wanted him this time last season but he's proved since then that he can still hack it. He was quality every time I saw him for Arsenal last season. Shame it's so late in his career but I'm really pleased we'll be seeing him in black and white :)

Eh i've never seen Sol looking so black before like, that's a fucking insane amount of blackness.

Checking all the photos from that photographer on Getty, he's clearly used the levels on PS too heavily. Far too much black! I didn't want to say anything though in case I was accused of being a pedant! :shifty:

Slightly altered:

http://www.clockworkjunkie.com/assets/no/slightly-altered.jpg

Fine, now we have a white manager and a grey & white shirt.  :lol:

;D

It's black. Black isn't jet black in the sun lol. Hence why the pro-photographer made a mistake in getting his blacks BLACK.

Plus...CH is closer to that than the first image.  :pow:

Checkout the Telegraph's CH (no modding...just straight from their site)  :kasper:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01294/Chris-Hughton_1294820c.jpg

Hm... checked out a few images. He always looks different - it depends on how the light is.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/98647494.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F55AF7BCE763EF6CFC330D49A2977A047A7F5A0F9682B67FD0

I'm quite pleased he's here, at least he can marshal a defense and always the type of expirience to carry on as a defenseive coach when he hangs his boots up.

Perch    Campbell  Williamson    Enrique

One of the better backlines we've gone into a season with.