Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

He reckons in today's Journal that he won't be fit for Man Utd but hopes to be ready within a fortnight of the season starting. On that basis, it'll be unlikely he'll be for the Villa game either.

Guest palnese

Fans hounding out players before they've even played for us. The fans sent us down once they'll do it again. [/typical]

Would anyone be in the slightest bit surprised if he dragged his debut out until a nice little home game against Blackpool. The fat cunt.

:dave:

Fans hounding out players before they've even played for us. The fans sent us down once they'll do it again. [/typical]

Would anyone be in the slightest bit surprised if he dragged his debut out until a nice little home game against Blackpool. The fat cunt.

:dave:

I was taking the piss like.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/37360.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

"I cannot speak highly enough of Arsene Wenger and the way he brought me back to Arsenal, and yes I thought I would have stayed," he said. "I was made an offer for another year, but the manager had a certain budget to spend on wages and a month had gone by and nothing had moved on, so that was it.

"Other clubs came in for me, I had talks with Sunderland but they signed Titus Bramble, and I had talks with Celtic, which is a fantastic club, and the offer was fantastic. But Newcastle came in, and there are many factors why this is the perfect place."

Campbell has footballing ties with the Magpies' manager. "I have known the manager, Chris Hughton, for an awful long time and respect the guy and like him as a person," said the former England international. "He is a top man, and he works tirelessly for what he wants to achieve, and he wants to get everything right

"Newcastle is also a pretty good place both on and off the field. On it, there is tremendous support, a wonderful atmosphere, I have played at St. James' Park, many, many times, and always loved the atmosphere it generated.

"I was also offered a two-year contract, and that appealed. I want to play, and felt there would be more opportunities at Newcastle than Arsenal. But I wish Arsene and the team, and the club well, I really do."

Huh?