Newcastle v Peterborough 07/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Harper

R.Taylor  S.Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Guthrie          Smith         Jonas

Nolan

Carroll   Ranger

The good ol' Boeing 747 formation.

Let's f***ing t*** someone for once. 5-0 and NUFC to show the league they mean business.

good starting XI :)

Their front 3 are pretty good, at least one of them always seems to score. Boyd in particular has been getting a lot of praise. However a quick check of the league table and they've only scored 5 goals away from home in the league in 7 games, conceding 12. Similar record to Doncaster really, hopefully we won't struggle quite as much here.

Well hes clearly rating Ranger over Harewood at this point, based on the order of mondays subs. So thats good news.

Like many id like to see Loven get a chance to come on as sub and go upfront to at some point. Mainly if we're already winning.

Guest Roger Kint

Why do people think goal difference will play a part, i cant think of one instance off hand where it has at the end of a season

Do the Championship use GD or GS?

Guest neesy111

Why do people think goal difference will play a part, i cant think of one instance off hand where it has at the end of a season

GD, it was GS until a few years back

Guest Roger Kint

GD, it was GS until a few years back

Ahh got you, shows how little i have noticed this league in the past ;D

No lovenkrands and Harewood unfit, team picks itself for me.

Harper

Simpson   Taylor   Coloccini  Enrique

Taylor   Smith   Nolan   Jonas

Ranger   Carroll

Even if they were all fit I'd still go with that.

EDIT: oops SupaShola in there for Carroll

6 The law of averages demands that Posh will keep a clean sheet away from home for the first time. The law of averages demands that Newcastle (three goals conceded in seven games at St james' Park) will ship a shed load of goals in.

7 Posh beat Scunthorpe 3-0, four days after Scunthorpe beat Newcastle 2-1.

8 Newcastle will still be mentally scarred after the drubbing they received at London Road earlier this season (well Steven Taylor played).

fucking hell, and we thought the Chronicle was bad :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

Looking forward to this. They lost at home to Barnsley at the weekend didn't they? w*** result; so this should be relatively comfortably. 2-0 i'll go for. By the by... is there any idea what's up with Lovelyhands?

Harper

Simpson   Taylor*   Coloccini   Enrique

Taylor   Smith   Guthrie   Jonas

Nolan   Carroll

*Kadar if not fit.

Zomgzzz no Ranger lololol wot a dick!!!1 Taylor/Guthrie - our most likely providers, in midfield. Nolan/Carroll - our most likely goalscorers, upfront. Sure-fire way to victory, especially at home.

Someone said the other day his dad had been taken to hospital.

Hi :)

Looking forward to this. They lost at home to Barnsley at the weekend didn't they? w*** result; so this should be relatively comfortably. 2-0 i'll go for. By the by... is there any idea what's up with Lovelyhands?

Harper

Simpson   Taylor*   Coloccini   Enrique

Taylor   Smith   Guthrie   Jonas

Nolan   Carroll

*Kadar if not fit.

Zomgzzz no Ranger lololol wot a dick!!!1 Taylor/Guthrie - our most likely providers, in midfield. Nolan/Carroll - our most likely goalscorers, upfront. Sure-fire way to victory, especially at home.

Someone said the other day his dad had been taken to hospital.

Hi :)

I wouldn't bother Foster mate, she's already got a boyfriend.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I reckon Hughton will go with

Harper

Simpson        Coloccini            Kadar        Enrique

R.Taylor        Guthrie              Smith ©    Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

For some reason I can't see him going 4-4-2, Harewood and Lovenkrands are out and he seems to prefer Ranger as an impact substitute. He can't really drop Nolan or Carroll so I think he will still go 4-4-1-1.