Tamas Kadar

TRon

To be fair (and this is only from memory, it's late) but IIRC although his influence did improve as he moved more central Guthrie did get a lot of assists from out wide.

I can't remember him getting lots of assists although he may have done.  I just remember him not being very effective on the wing.

I remember similar to Cajun tbh so looked it up, Guthrie was top of our assist charts with 13 according to this:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Assists/0,,10278~200910278,00.html

Although who knows how many of them came from out wide before we bought Routledge.

The only loan who didn't really work out (imo) was Pancrate despite his awesome goal, actually Kishishishishavillliii was a bit of a dud too IIRC. One size, Harewood and PVA were very useful though.

Well, he spent a year at Falkirk, whichever year that was. The point i'm making is that it's not like our youngsters didn't get football. A wider point i'm touching on is that i don't blame the respective managers' for not giving youth products game time, when they simply haven't been good enough for Newcastle. Lua Lua's permanent move to Brighton is further evidence of this.

How can you prove if you're good enough or not without getting games?  Has Kadar let either himself or us down when played?  You seem to think lack of games means a player isn’t good enough yet Kadar has done nothing wrong when played and I don’t remember Lua Lua doing too much wrong either when played.

Lua Lua went out on loan so he wasn't not getting games. I don't blame Hughton for choosing to bring in seasoned pros to see out our promotion. Kadar did get games as fourth choice CB/fill-in LB. However, Van Aanholt was signed because Kadar wasn't an out-and-out full-back. Why Tamas hasn't played since is a mystery.

I'm just repeating what i said in my initial post, there.

People spoke negatively of Hughton not using youngsters enough, which is what i'm arguing against. I sort of agree with people who say he didn't 'have balls'... however i'd manoeuvre that into 'take risks'. And the gravity of the situation left no place for any risks, imo.

I tend to argue pro-Hughton relentlessly as i think he conducted our promotion campaign immaculately, that's all this is borne from. :razz:

The only loan who didn't really work out (imo) was Pancrate despite his awesome goal, actually Kishishishishavillliii was a bit of a dud too IIRC. One size, Harewood and PVA were very useful though.

I don't think any of those did anything that players who we had couldn't have done.

Lua Lua went out on loan so he wasn't not getting games. I don't blame Hughton for choosing to bring in seasoned pros to see out our promotion. Kadar did get games as fourth choice CB/fill-in LB. However, Van Aanholt was signed because Kadar wasn't an out-and-out full-back. Why Tamas hasn't played since is a mystery.

I'm just repeating what i said in my initial post, there.

People spoke negatively of Hughton not using youngsters enough, which is what i'm arguing against. I sort of agree with people who say he didn't 'have balls'... however i'd manoeuvre that into 'take risks'. And the gravity of the situation left no place for any risks, imo.

I tend to argue pro-Hughton relentlessly as i think he conducted our promotion campaign immaculately, that's all this is borne from. :razz:

I'm not sure what your post has to do with what I posted, as far as I'm aware Kadar and Lua Lua didn't let us down when played.  I have no reason to believe that they would have let us down if they played in the games which they didn't.

As for Hughton conducting the promotion campaign immaculately, that’s your opinion and I disagree for the reasons mentioned, I would have also played Vuckic more often when fit.

Pancrate did seem to be a decent option off the bench imo. Zurab's time here was pretty much forgettable, so yeah he was s**** really.

Hall, Harewood and Van Aaholt had canny spells here.

To be fair (and this is only from memory, it's late) but IIRC although his influence did improve as he moved more central Guthrie did get a lot of assists from out wide.

I can't remember him getting lots of assists although he may have done.  I just remember him not being very effective on the wing.

I remember similar to Cajun tbh so looked it up, Guthrie was top of our assist charts with 13 according to this:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Assists/0,,10278~200910278,00.html

Although who knows how many of them came from out wide before we bought Routledge.

Large amount of them will be from set pieces I'd imagine. He definitely would have set up some goals from out wide though, Shola's against Boro in particular was an amazing cross. Generally though his performances were iffy out there because he struggled to hold position, isn't very quick... etc.

Well, he spent a year at Falkirk, whichever year that was. The point i'm making is that it's not like our youngsters didn't get football. A wider point i'm touching on is that i don't blame the respective managers' for not giving youth products game time, when they simply haven't been good enough for Newcastle. Lua Lua's permanent move to Brighton is further evidence of this.

How can you prove if you're good enough or not without getting games?  Has Kadar let either himself or us down when played?  You seem to think lack of games means a player isn’t good enough yet Kadar has done nothing wrong when played and I don’t remember Lua Lua doing too much wrong either when played.

does that mean every kid who comes through the system should be given some games ? don't we employ people to attempt to root out those that'll make it from those that won't ?

does that mean every kid who comes through the system should be given some games ? don't we employ people to attempt to root out those that'll make it from those that won't ?

No, it doesn't mean every kid should should get games, if they show promise then they should be given a chance though.  I've seen nothing of Kadar to suggest that he couldn't make it other than injuries.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I really think its more to do with Kadar's injury problems, rather than ability. So much lost potential due to shot hamstrings.

Has anyone seen him play? And how good is he, and why doesnt Pardew rate him ?

Saw him play against Italy u21 (twice) recently. Was decent in a poor team. No significant mistakes. Would certainly not hesitate putting him in knowing our other alternatives.

He must be truly awful in training.

I'd be surprised if he's a worse CB than Danny Simpson. More likely he's pissed the management off to such a degree that we'd rather risk the result than compromise our stance with him.