Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sitting on your arse doing nothing helps nothing

Stops me looking like an utter fool by needlessly protesting against somebody whom it has already proven it will not affect at all. But no, we have to do it to show others that we will not stand for it. Why the f*** we should care what other people think about is like, it's not like they don't just make their own opinions anyway!

i thought the first protest forced ashley to publicly put the club up for sale

no sorry that was you keeping your arse warm!

There was a lot out there protesting against Ashley

I was supporting the team.

There was the same result - he's still here afterall.

Jonny Hall confirms himself as the most apathetic, fence sitting apologist ever to post on here!

Jonny must be so proud he took the higher ground

I'm not taking the higher ground, I'm just refusing to put my efforts into something that clearly won't work. It's been proven in the past that the great fat one doesn't respond to protests and boycotts and whatever, he's greedy and he's smug and will just laugh at any resistance to his plans.

Stops me looking like an utter fool by needlessly protesting against somebody whom it has already proven it will not affect at all. But no, we have to do it to show others that we will not stand for it. Why the f*** we should care what other people think about is like, it's not like they don't just make their own opinions anyway!

Jonny Hall confirms himself as the most apathetic, fence sitting apologist ever to post on here!

I'm not taking the higher ground, I'm just refusing to put my efforts into something that clearly won't work. It's been proven in the past that the great fat one doesn't respond to protests and boycotts and whatever, he's greedy and he's smug and will just laugh at any resistance to his plans.

When? ???

If everyone would just stop buying their cheap tat at sportsdirect and buy it somewhere else then although it probably wouldn't hurt Ashley that much directly, it would show anyone thinking of sponsoring next season that it might not be the best move for their brand. This is one form of "protest" I would support as it wouldn't have an affect on the team or create a negative atmosphere on matchdays.

Or how about we try and fight this another way - take banners to the game relating to whatever brand is competing with the stadium sponser - "I'd rather shop at JJB", "Sportsdirect kill kittens" or something similar.

That's fine if the whole country boycotted his shops, nationwide, but the rest of the country couldn't care less what Ashley does to NUFC. Most of the country probably have a good laugh at the way he treats us. A drop in sales at his Newcastle/metrocentre branch won't break him financially.

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

Although they've been on a smale scale, there have been no indications that he'd be 'scared' into selling the club. If there was, he'd have sold for pennies when he first put the club up, or when he put it up in the summer.

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

Although they've been on a smale scale, there have been no indications that he'd be 'scared' into selling the club. If there was, he'd have sold for pennies when he first put the club up, or when he put it up in the summer.

He hasn't been subjected to either of those things on any sort of scale, never mind small. A few hundred outside after two games last season, fuck me, it's hardly Tiananmen Square. Shepherd got far worse. Fuck knows why.

If the stadium was absolutely empty, not a soul in but the away fans, he would absolutely shit himself.

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

He hasn't been subjected to either of those things on any sort of scale, never mind small. A few hundred outside after two games last season, f*** me, it's hardly Tiananmen Square. Shepherd got far worse. f*** knows why.

If the stadium was absolutely empty, not a soul in but the away fans, he would absolutely s*** himself.

That's debatable. If he really wanted bums on seats, he'd have made a signing (either player or manager) to appease the fans. He knows that a Shearer appointment for example would guarentee people in the ground every week. Plus he's already got the money from season tickets so half of people not turning up is pointless.

It may make him shit himself, but all he would do is put us back on the market where he'd fuck around with it all for another few months before taking it back off and making some ridiculous commitment statement. It's a never-ending roundabout. We just have to face it, he will only leave when he gets off his fat arse and makes the moves, we can't make him do anything.

I'd also love to see 500 fans march into SportsDirect in Eldon Sq and chant all of the anti-Ashley things they can think of. It would have to be peaceful obviously but it would get a bit of publicity. The more negative pressure that's created the better. It might take a month or a year or 2 years but there's only so much he'd put up with before he just got so fed up he flogged us. 

Guest neesy111

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

He hasn't been subjected to either of those things on any sort of scale, never mind small. A few hundred outside after two games last season, fuck me, it's hardly Tiananmen Square. Shepherd got far worse. Fuck knows why.

If the stadium was absolutely empty, not a soul in but the away fans, he would absolutely shit himself.

totally agree with wullie here

last years protests we're nothing, if most of the active fans took part in some part of action, then it would be 10x larger than last seasons protests and much more effective

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

He hasn't been subjected to either of those things on any sort of scale, never mind small. A few hundred outside after two games last season, f*** me, it's hardly Tiananmen Square. Shepherd got far worse. f*** knows why.

If the stadium was absolutely empty, not a soul in but the away fans, he would absolutely s*** himself.

last years protests we're nothing, if most of the active fans took part in some part of action, then it would be 10x larger than last seasons protests and much more effective

Yeah, go for it. Might as well burn the stadium down in the process as well, really put the frighteners on Ashley - don't worry about the team, they play shit with or without a stadium.

This idea would have hit the scrap heap come next Monday 

..i know it's confirmed, but it sounds like a trial run until actual sponsorship is in place in the summer, so can be on or off overnight.

This idea would have hit the scrap heap come next Monday 

Most serious businesses will just look at it and laugh. They'll see it has no resale value whatsoever - they'll just end up losing money.

Guest sicko2ndbest

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

Yeah, go for it. Might as well burn the stadium down in the process as well, really put the frighteners on Ashley - don't worry about the team, they play s*** with or without a stadium.

They play shit with our backing what difference does it make.

Jonny the fact you are in such a minority must start alarm bells ringing

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

That's debatable. If he really wanted bums on seats, he'd have made a signing (either player or manager) to appease the fans. He knows that a Shearer appointment for example would guarentee people in the ground every week. Plus he's already got the money from season tickets so half of people not turning up is pointless.

It may make him shit himself, but all he would do is put us back on the market where he'd fuck around with it all for another few months before taking it back off and making some ridiculous commitment statement. It's a never-ending roundabout. We just have to face it, he will only leave when he gets off his fat arse and makes the moves, we can't make him do anything.

:lol:

Why would he need to make a signing to appease the fans and get bums on seats? He's made a profit on transfers and he's getting 44,000 in watching us play Doncaster Rovers. He thinks we're fucking stupid and will take anything as long as it's wrapped in a black and white shirt and he might just be right.

I never thought I'd see Newcastle United fans just lie down and take such treatment with the pathetic whimper we have. What's most depressing is that it's taken this talk of the name change to get people's backs up - he even managed to get us relegated without anyone kicking up a fuss ffs. What has happened to us?

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

Yeah, go for it. Might as well burn the stadium down in the process as well, really put the frighteners on Ashley - don't worry about the team, they play s*** with or without a stadium.

They play s*** with our backing what difference does it make.

You must be seeing things sicko mate, I don't remember mentioning the support of the team in that post.

Guest sicko2ndbest

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

You must be seeing things sicko mate, I don't remember mentioning the support of the team in that post.

It goes back to your ' i was supporting the team while you lot were wasting your breath ' stance. I cannot get over your general apathy for the situation. Short term (the next 6 months) will be a long slog of protest after protest but it will get more militant and more organised in its nature the longer it goes on until he realises it is untenable.

The fat cunt still turns up to each game, he really thinks we have forgot everything. He really needs to know the Hull protest was nothing. Fans were staying quiet to ensure the takeover progressed smoothly. Now that is out of the way we have nothing to lose.

Anything goes as far as i am concerned from now on to get these wankers out of my club!

Problem is that there is a certain % of our support who would say "what are you protesting about? We're top of the league." or words to that effect. These folk are the same people who believe anything they read in newspapers and think we've got £20m to spend in January because they've "heard it on Look North".

Guest sicko2ndbest

Problem is that there is a certain % of our support who would say "what are you protesting about? We're top of the league." or words to that effect. These folk are the same people who believe anything they read in newspapers and think we've got £20m to spend in January because they've "heard it on Look North".

NUST or some other influential organisation should disceminate flyers educating the supporters with the facts and figures we read about so often on this board

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

It goes back to your ' i was supporting the team while you lot were wasting your breath ' stance. I cannot get over your general apathy for the situation. Short term (the next 6 months) will be a long slog of protest after protest but it will get more militant and more organised in its nature the longer it goes on until he realises it is untenable.

The fat c*** still turns up to each game, he really thinks we have forgot everything. He really needs to know the Hull protest was nothing. Fans were staying quiet to ensure the takeover progressed smoothly. Now that is out of the way we have nothing to lose.

Anything goes as far as i am concerned from now on to get these wankers out of my club!

Well said  :thup:

Guest Heneage

I'd also love to see 500 fans march into SportsDirect in Eldon Sq and chant all of the anti-Ashley things they can think of. It would have to be peaceful obviously but it would get a bit of publicity. The more negative pressure that's created the better. It might take a month or a year or 2 years but there's only so much he'd put up with before he just got so fed up he flogged us. 

What will that honestly achieve? Bar making us look even more unstable and scaring off any potential player that would consider joining us, and further the media stereotype of Circus Newcastle.