How's it going for the players who left Newcastle?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

as with Milner, he's playing alongside proper midfielders.

Very true, and the reason for the lack of decent central midfielders for the last 3-4 years is directly down to the managers not recruiting properly. Souness and the Fat Sam are the main culprits although both sued the club for money after destrying the squads.

Problem is when you can see Milner, N'zogbia, Duff etc are all doing well & Guthrie certainly wasnt a weak link last season. Clearly its not only the players, theyre just being used badly by our managers. We had the players.

It's all down to confidence and how they were managed here. The players who jumped ship once we were relegated were the ones who had mentally giving up months ago. It's no coincidence that the one decent man manager we have had recently (Keegan) was the one who got the best out of them.

It's all down to confidence and how they were managed here. The players who jumped ship once we were relegated were the ones who had mentally giving up months ago. It's no coincidence that the one decent man manager we have had recently (Keegan) was the one who got the best out of them.

Good point. It really is just shit management. First Souness who never had a clue since the day he was born and then Fat Sam with his genius long ball tactics with players who were bought for passing football.

Problem is when you can see Milner, N'zogbia, Duff etc are all doing well & Guthrie certainly wasnt a weak link last season. Clearly its not only the players, theyre just being used badly by our managers. We had the players.

Not in CM we didn't, not with Barton out for the vast majority of the season.

Duff scores again! He's probably one of Fulham's best players. How come he was usually shit for Newcastle yet is on fire for Fulham? Is it really all down to the manager and coaches?

roy hodgson is able to get the best out of players others may have written off, (for example another of our old boys hughes) great manager hodgson.

Guest Ebolarama

As someone said above, Duff and Milner are playing with better players and a better team overall.

Why be bitter about players that have left? We were shit at the end of last season. I don't blame them.

Guest firetotheworks

As someone said above, Duff and Milner are playing with better players and a better team overall.

Why be bitter about players that have left? We were s*** at the end of last season. I don't blame them.

They we part of the 'we' in most cases. Obviously not counting Milner.

Guest Ebolarama

Why be bitter about players that have left? We were s*** at the end of last season. I don't blame them.

Well, yes, obviously. They were part of a much bigger, fully-functioning shitmachine, and were integral in the 'turd wheels', so to speak.I don't bear them any ill will though.

Guest firetotheworks

Well, yes, obviously. They were part of a much bigger, fully-functioning shitmachine, and were integral in the 'turd wheels', so to speak.I don't bear them any ill will though.

Even Owen?

tbh he's the only player I'd actually enjoy watching fail. The rest I'm not all that arsed about.

Guest Ebolarama

Even Owen?

tbh he's the only player I'd actually enjoy watching fail. The rest I'm not all that arsed about.

Can't say I do, really. I'm entirely apathetic towards him. In fact, there's a part of me that hopes he gets into the World Cup squad. But only a very small part.

Even Owen?

I'd also would like to see Bassong fail tbh. He left us but without us he would maybe still be in French playing in their 2nd league or sth. like that.

Guest Ebolarama

Even Owen?

I'd also would like to see Bassong fail tbh. He left us but without us he would maybe still be in French playing in their 2nd league or sth. like that.

Pretty thin argument. If we managed to scout him when we did, I'd imagine his performances would have marked him out for SOMEONE else if we'd missed him. Again, I  don't bear him any ill will either. I enjoy seeing a good player performing well.

Even Owen?

He's not going to fail though, he's a class centre half and we saw that pretty early on when he was here.

Even Owen?

He's not going to fail though, he's a class centre half and we saw that pretty early on when he was here.

Yeah, I know he's class. But I almost hate him for not sticking around for at least one other season with us.

Even Owen?

owen is the only one i give a shit about failing as he was captain and on huge money and never looked in the slightest bit interested post christmas, just planning his next move and thinking of how he could upgrade his stables with the signing on fee.

I'm also not fond of the way bassong went about leaving but he was good for us last year so less concerned about him

The reason Duff and Milner are playing better with there new teams is simply because the are playing with better players.Not two donkey centre midfielders who are afraid of the ball and are as quick as Mother Theresa

That doesn't explain how Duff can go from being someone with a piss weak inaccurate shot to someone who is lashing in goals.

roy hodgson is able to get the best out of players others may have written off, (for example another of our old boys hughes) great manager hodgson.

I bet a huge number of us would have turned our noses up at Roy Hodgson getting the Newcastle job a couple of seasons ago. It's very hard to predict accurately who'll be a successful manager at most clubs.

Duff's 4th goal of the season, he only bagged 5 I think in his entire time with us. Maddening how we seem to be such a drain on players talent at times.