How's it going for the players who left Newcastle?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I still love Scott Parker.

I never loved him, but I rated him and feel bad for him now. Going from one sinking ship to another...

Parker's problem was that he wasn't good enough for a top premiership side, and that while he was here some fans were yet to realize that we were not a top premiership side.

Remember in 2006 when Edgar's contract was about to expire and we were all concerned about losing him after a few good performances  :lol:

And some being gutted when we got £1m from Leeds for Huntington. :lol:

Looks like his career's flying. Own goal at Millwall for Stockport today in a 5-0 defeat.

I never loved him, but I rated him and feel bad for him now. Going from one sinking ship to another...

Parker's problem was that he wasn't good enough for a top premiership side, and that while he was here some fans were yet to realize that we were not a top premiership side.

Parker's mani problem was that he had Nicky Butt or Emre beside him so we always had a central midfield of tiddlers who didn't really boss the game. 

Guest JamesyJazz

Parker's mani problem was that he had Nicky Butt or Emre beside him so we always had a central midfield of tiddlers who didn't really boss the game.   

Parkers main problem was that he either ran around in a circle with the ball at his feet and envariably passed it backwards or sideways,seldom did he slot a telling through ball.

Plus he had a shit hairstyle.

That came second. His main problem was that he was neither nowt nor summat as a midfielder. Problem 3 was Glenn Roeder, who was never going to mould him into anything. So he was just another in a long line of cloggers and got found out very quickly.

Guest BooBoo

I remember when we signed him thinking he could go on to be a Rob Lee for us. A goalscoring threat from midfield who could dictate play. He was basically though little more than more than a deluxe Alan Smith. Loads of effort but offered little from an attacking perspective.

Parkers main problem was that he either ran around in a circle with the ball at his feet and envariably passed it backwards or sideways,seldom did he slot a telling through ball.

Plus he had a s*** hairstyle.

still, i will never forget his legendary tackle on Joe Cole

I remember when we signed him thinking he could go on to be a Rob Lee for us. A goalscoring threat from midfield who could dictate play. He was basically though little more than more than a deluxe Alan Smith. Loads of effort but offered little from an attacking perspective.

the big mistake was employing parker as a rob lee type, giving him too much attacking responsibility. as a holding midfielder he looked pretty good - he had a decent reading of the game, good stamina, strength, tackling etc, could hold the ball fairly well and pass it simply. ask him to do any more, as we did, and he looked pretty awful. pretty weird that we lined up plenty of times with Emre as the more conservative or defensive midfielder with parker ahead of him. it should have always been the other way round.

Plus he had a shit hairstyle.

Nah, Scott Parker's 60's Haircut was a legendly cut in the same vein that Beardo's Hovis cut was

the big mistake was employing parker as a rob lee type, giving him too much attacking responsibility. as a holding midfielder he looked pretty good - he had a decent reading of the game, good stamina, strength, tackling etc, could hold the ball fairly well and pass it simply. ask him to do any more, as we did, and he looked pretty awful. pretty weird that we lined up plenty of times with Emre as the more conservative or defensive midfielder with parker ahead of him. it should have always been the other way round.

Once again Johnny is spot on. These were the years of Souness and Roeder though. Can't imagine which thick-headed turd appointed these two as manager followed by Fat Sam. Must have been a fat Coc...Mike Ashley.

at the time I thought the emre and Parker partnership would be an awesome match made in heaven.  Unfortunately injuries and as Johnny said, both being given the wrong role it never did what it should.

Guest KeithKettleborough

My main memory of Parker is when he ran full pelt from one side of the pitch to the other near to the oppositions corner flag to dive in to put a ball out for their throw in. He was slightly injured and knackered for about 5 minutes and I thought, "What a waste of effort that was."

Summed him up for me. Fantastic effort but the rewards from this were often pretty meaningless and not particularly game changing.