How's it going for the players who left Newcastle?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest firetotheworks

similar with Lee Bowyer...

There's been quite a gap in him finding that form though. There's just as many players who have went on to either fail to improve or get worse.

Dyer, Robert, Bernard, Goma, Chopra, Owen, Jenas, Huntington, Beye.

Guest firetotheworks

F**k a duck, Dyer's 30!

He back fro injury yet?

Aye, then 25 minutes later he got injured again. Im not even joking.  :cheesy:

F**k a duck, Dyer's 30!

He back fro injury yet?

its not often we've done good business in the transfer market but selling dyer for the price we got, whoever did that genius

Guest Alan Shearer 9

F**k a duck, Dyer's 30!

He back fro injury yet?

Poor lad. It all looked so good for him when he was nailing Cheryl Tweedy.

You what?

F**k a duck, Dyer's 30!

He back fro injury yet?

You what?

Wasn't she with him before she moved on Dyer mkII? Think she was. Probably just to quell the accusations of racism.

F**k a duck, Dyer's 30!

He back fro injury yet?

You what?

Wasn't she with him before she moved on Dyer mkII? Think she was. Probably just to quell the accusations of racism.

Aye, they all look the same to me too, mate.

Women, I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/F89337F14F34F8A08025769D003680BC?OpenDocument

Plymouth Argyle- FAC 3rd Round Preview 

2/Jan/10, Home Park, FAC, KO 3pm.

I found it very difficult to believe but it did actually happen. Watching Match of the Day the other night I had to use the Sky+ rewind facility to not only make sure that James Milner’s corner beat the first man but made it into the box. Then later I noticed Damien Duff scoring for Fulham (again), N’Zogbia put in a decent shift for Wigan and Scott Parker is playing out of his skin for West Ham. Here’s some stats for you to chew on (all League stats): Milner has spent 3 seasons at Aston Villa (including one on loan). During that time he has, to date, set up 27 goals. In the three equivalent seasons spent here he created 12. He has now also scored 2 more goals for Villa than at Newcastle and done so in 8 less games. Duff has 4 assists and 4 goals for Fulham this season, last season for us he had 3 goals and no assists. Charlie has chalked up 4 goals in 30 odd appearances for Wigan. He scored 9 goals in 118 games for us. Parker has been the linchpin of the West Ham midfield for the last 3 seasons and received praise for displays in a bad team whilst Craig Bellamy is arguably one of the best strikers in the league right now. All these players improved when they left us and the major question is why? To my mind it’s a combination of 3 things – poor coaching/tactics, rushing players back from injury (see comments from Birmingham re Carr this week in the press) and the lack of a settled team/position. To my mind these are the three key reasons why we went down this season. It was an accumulation of these things over 3 years. Not all of this is Ashley’s fault a great deal of the blame must be placed firmly at the door of Shepherd with his banana republic dictator’s approach to club management and recruitment. Whilst we look odds on at the moment to be promoted from this league the installation of critical coaching and tactical foundations from the end of this season along with a manager (Hughton or otherwise) who has a clear remit to rebuild over at least 5 years is fundamental to growth in the Premiership. Otherwise, well you know what otherwise is.

• 1 month later...

How are the players who left Newcastle in the January 2009 and Summer 2009 transfer windows doing at their new clubs?

Shay Given - Manchester City

Charles N'Zogbia - Wigan Athletic

Michael Owen - Manchester United

Mark Viduka - Retired?

Obafemi Martins - Wolfsburg

Sebastien Bassong - Tottenham Hotspur

Habib Beye - Aston Villa

Damien Duff - Fulham

Xisco - Racing Santander (Loan)

Now we're not in the Premiership I'm not following it closely but the people who seem to have done well are Given, Bassong and Duff (and possibly Owen). Am I wrong in thinking Martins and Beye are mainly being used as substitutes? I can't imagine that is what they were expecting.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but it looks like Viduka has, in fact, called it quits on his career.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=740045&sec=global&cc=5901

His touch was someit else like. Truly talented guy.

Loved how he could touch a ball and hold it up against the defender. Very good technique as well.

Sadly never really came good for us (only in that run under KK). Personally, I would have liked to see him given another season for us in the CCC. If fit (big if) he would have stormed that league.

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it once and I'll say it again. He could have been as good, and as successful as Bergkamp.

Don't be daft man.

I'm not man, I dont say it lightly either. I put Dennis above a lot of players, but I think if Viduka had been arsed, and stayed fit he'd have been something exceptional.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. He could have been as good, and as successful as Bergkamp.

Don't be daft man.

I'm not man, I dont say it lightly either. I put Dennis above a lot of players, but I think if Viduka had been arsed, and stayed fit he'd have been something exceptional.

Definitely.  People won't agree with you though because Bergkamp actually did something.

Don't be daft man.

They're both different kinds of players though. Viduka obviously had more of a physical presence and in his prime was more than just a link up man. Bergkamp's technique is the best I've seen in the Premiership too. Can't think of anyone who could player that killer pass like Dennis.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't be daft man.

They're both different kinds of players though. Viduka obviously had more of a physical presence and in his prime was more than just a link up man. Bergkamp's technique is the best I've seen in the Premiership too. Can't think of anyone who could player that killer pass like Dennis.

Ah wey. I see them as the same type, the arty forward. Like Berbatov, Sheringham, even someone like Ashton. I'd have Viduka and Bergkamp in that bracket.