How's it going for the players who left Newcastle?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Heneage

beye's career at villa is basically over  :lol:

loan bid in january?  :snod:

Wouldn't want him back.

You're insane, then.

I would literally take all of these players, back.

Except Owen , who I dislike.

Getting old, big wage, as Otter said he was never overly fit, he had his great season. That and the fact he proclaimed his desire to stay and fight the cause only to fuck off at the first offer he got.

West Ham goal: Zavon Hines is brought down by Habib Beye - and Steve Bennett points to the spot. Mark Noble smashes the penalty high into the net to give the Hammers a potentially priceless lead at half-time.

:pow:

He got sent off later as well.

How are the players who left Newcastle in the January 2009 and Summer 2009 transfer windows doing at their new clubs?

Shay Given - Manchester City

Charles N'Zogbia - Wigan Athletic

Michael Owen - Manchester United

Mark Viduka - Retired?

Obafemi Martins - Wolfsburg

Sebastien Bassong - Tottenham Hotspur

Habib Beye - Aston Villa

Damien Duff - Fulham

Xisco - Racing Santander (Loan)

Now we're not in the Premiership I'm not following it closely but the people who seem to have done well are Given, Bassong and Duff (and possibly Owen). Am I wrong in thinking Martins and Beye are mainly being used as substitutes? I can't imagine that is what they were expecting.

My question will be has any one of you intersted any of this players coming back again?

Wouldn't want him back.

You're insane, then.

Getting old, big wage, as Otter said he was never overly fit, he had his great season. That and the fact he proclaimed his desire to stay and fight the cause only to f*** off at the first offer he got.

On the face of it, I'd agree with that. 32 years old, requested a transfer, injured for some time last year (thanks mainly to Cattermole), looks to have slowed down a bit.

However, it's easy to forget that in all likelihood he left because he needed a new contract, which wasn't on offer here thanks to the numpties in charge (Shearer had identified this issue). Had he stayed, he'd be at risk of playing Championship football at the age of 32 with no security beyond the end of the season - one injury at the wrong time and his high-earning career would be over.

At the same time, his performances at centreback last season were pretty decent, where his slightly diminished pace/stamina wasn't an issue. Solid, unspectacular, no-nonsense defender who didn't suffer from the frequent "moments of madness" like all of Bassong, Taylor and Coloccini had when we were facepalming every other game at some rush of blood or daft mistake.

If Coloccini were to leave and Beye was somehow a viable replacement option, he'd be pretty high up for me on what would be a pretty small list. Youth is great, but centreback (along with goalkeeping) is sometimes an exception.

West Ham goal: Zavon Hines is brought down by Habib Beye - and Steve Bennett points to the spot. Mark Noble smashes the penalty high into the net to give the Hammers a potentially priceless lead at half-time.

:pow:

He got sent off later as well.

Aye and from the commentary, seemed a bit harsh.  Ah-well.

I would definitely take Beye back now, he would be a class above in this league and would be one of the few players good enough for the premiership next year if we kept him.

Wouldnt have him back, great player but he wanted to leave, he knew how things would be at Villa, he could have stayed and helped us get back up for one year but chose to play second fiddle there, he has made his bed so he can sleep in it for me.  Also id rather Simpson sign on a full deal tbh, Beye aint getting any younger and Simpson can only improve.  Just my opinion.

Wouldn't want him back.

You're insane, then.

Getting old, big wage, as Otter said he was never overly fit, he had his great season. That and the fact he proclaimed his desire to stay and fight the cause only to f*** off at the first offer he got.

Who has hacked Kezzy account & posted common sense

I would definitely take Beye back now, he would be a class above in this league and would be one of the few players good enough for the premiership next year if we kept him.

Wouldnt have him back, great player but he wanted to leave, he knew how things would be at Villa, he could have stayed and helped us get back up for one year but chose to play second fiddle there, he has made his bed so he can sleep in it for me.  Also id rather Simpson sign on a full deal tbh, Beye aint getting any younger and Simpson can only improve.  Just my opinion.

Can you honestly blame him for leaving? Its not like he was here for years and decided to fuck us off, we are a complete and utter shambles and as tmonkey said above, its not like he was getting any encouragement to stay. 

We will need a lot of new players next year, Beye could play at centre back aswell so would be a decent cheap option. I don't think we are in a position to be fussy.

Beye would be a very good signing, he left for a better offer (after turning down Hull I thought) and very few fans would be against him after his pre-season performances that were supposedly "a disgrace" because hardly anyone will have seen them.

Saha's one of the few who was much better elsewhere & he was only here on loan. Cant think of many others.

Jon Dahl Tomasson and Dietmar Hamann

Hamann was pretty good for us in his only season here imo. Certainly remember being gutted at the sale at the time, although iirc he said a few bad things about the club after leaving (or maybe that was about Gullitt?).

He didn't get on with Gullit but what he actually said was;-

'The board was average, so the club was average'.....

And who would say he was wrong..!???

But he did want to say and sign a new contract with us. Then Ashley decided he didn't want to sell the club which left us all in limbo in the summer. Can you blame him for wanting to go?

Saha's one of the few who was much better elsewhere & he was only here on loan. Cant think of many others.

Hamann was pretty good for us in his only season here imo. Certainly remember being gutted at the sale at the time, although iirc he said a few bad things about the club after leaving (or maybe that was about Gullitt?).

Good signing Hamaan. Did very well for us in his year and then when he decided he wanted out we made a fair old whack on him. I'd have preferred him to stay but that's the next best option.

Good signing Hamaan. Did very well for us in his year and then when he decided he wanted out we made a fair old whack on him. I'd have preferred him to stay but that's the next best option.

Class player. Remember at the time thinking that it was the first time since Keegan's second coming that we've lost a player who actually wanted to go and play for another big club, rather than manager thinking he wasn't what we needed. The start of the downward spiral....

it is purely hypothetical at this stage, but does anyone really think Beye on loan in January would be a BAD move? Imo he is better than Zurab at centre-half and probably better than Simpson at right-back (certainly no worse). An extra body in there, one who knows the club already and is a good solid player who would probably rape the Championship, would surely be a boost to our promotion bid.

If we got Beye in I'd play him at centre back alongside Colo with Taylor at right back, would be superb in this league. Decent enough in the prem I reckon. Fairly high wages though, there's no way he'll come in on loan.

I hope he feels like a right c*** leaving us. He's played in 4 league games out of 11 this season, if he had stayed with us he'd be starting every game.

He's also playing in the Premiership and is on a three-year contract instead of a one-year contract. I think he feels fine.

He's not top of the league though  :laugh: