Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In all honesty I can't think of any kind of protests that will work to get him out of this club.

Hopefully the Trust can buy him out in the near future. Yes thats not exactly a forgone conclusion, but hopefully.

In the mean time you could say the reasons to act are:

a) Not letting him get back into the comfort zone like the last time, the SJP farce deserves a response from a moral point of view.

b) To put off any brands thinking of taking the stadium rights.

Hope for a home draw in the FA Cup,and then total boycott ....doesn't matter if we lose and say we drew a big Prem. team would be a finanancial kick in the bollocks for Ghastly too.Would be great to see his face when confronted with a totaaly empty stadium except for away supporters.

In all honesty I can't think of any kind of protests that will work to get him out of this club.

Hopefully the Trust can buy him out in the near future. Yes thats not exactly a forgone conclusion, but hopefully.

In the mean time you could say the reasons to act are:

a) Not letting him get back into the comfort zone like the last time, the SJP farce deserves a response from a moral point of view.

you'll have to expand on that a bit.

presuming that the new stadium title is going to be adorned at the ground entrance you have to wonder if it may be vandalised or altered some way. i'd like to think nufc fans have more intelligence than to just rip it off the wall but re-arranging the letters can give.......

sceptic dorm rots

correct dim spots

scrimped cost rot

priced cost storm

or maybe.........corrects dim post

I'm in two minds about this. While Ashley deserves all the s*** thrown at him and we need to do something, the players haven't done anything to warrant an ugly atmosphere and I doubt it will help performance on the pitch. If we were mid-table it would be a much easier choice to kick up a stink.

The performances have been pretty crap though let's be honest. If dodgy 1-0 wins turn into 0-0 draws and 0-1 defeats I can see some lazy journalists blaming it on the protests, even thought the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago against teams like Scunthorpe, Notts Forest, Bristol and QPR.

Pointless. Hopefully we'll go straight up and he'll sell. If he fails to sell the club at that stage, then I'm all for protests. I don't believe now is the right time, mainly because it won't make a blind bit of difference. It could also have a negative impact on the team.

Pointless. Hopefully we'll go straight up and he'll sell. If he fails to sell the club at that stage, then I'm all for protests. I don't believe now is the right time, mainly because it won't make a blind bit of difference. It could also have a negative impact on the team.

100% correct

How would we know? F*ck all has been done to put pressure on Ashley whatsoever, pretty much since he arrived at the club. It's quite amazing given all that's happened.

That's why he doesn't give a sh*t and thinks he can get away with anything. The way people are reacting, maybe he's bloody right.

The current regime is having a negative impact on the team. Forget about the fans. The squad is paper thin, there is a good chance it'll get weaker in January. This squad will struggle through the season and if things stay as they are I don't think we'll make it to promotion. I really don't. Injuries always tend to pile up after christmas as players start to feel the effect of the season and with some of the crocks on our books and the size of our squad, it'll be stretched to the limit. Soon as we throw those academy kids in we will drop points and you need to be winning nearly every week.

There will always be a negative atmosphere before, during and after the game while Ashley is 'running' the club. Whatever happens against Peterborough, this will be in evidence all season. This idea that protesting would somehow upset the harmony is ludicrous. The fans aren't happy and the players shouldn't be either - the total lack of squad cover has cost us plenty of points in recent weeks.

If you give an inch, he'll take a mile. How many times before people realise this? We have tried doing nothing and look where it got us. To think there are still people saying "hang on, maybe it'll all turn out alright". Unbelievable.

100% correct

Just like the last few times we've said the same thing.

Guest icemanblue

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, f***ing up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

What a pile of s****.

Is what I tend to think reading most of your posts.

Johnny is right, why should we be causing more trouble. He won't change the name back, we haven't lost St James Park, it's kist edited slightly. The players clearly have been bothered by off field problems and they've stated as much in interviews about wanting clarity of manager and situation. By having a protest you achieve nothing more than disharmony. There's a time and a place to voice concerns and it's not now.

So, when and where is this time and place?

I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for you to protest from behind your monitor anyway.

I've been at most of the home games this season you cretin. :lol:

And I'm going Saturday, in fact, my seats will be closer so am da betta fan :crazy2:

I'm learning I can't reason with your idiot logic.

Blefescu; The time and place would be at the end of the season when we know where we stand be it promotion or not. We are doing well in the league with a small squad. So why rock the boat with protests?

Uh huh, sure you have.

My idiot logic? Try again when you can spell, construct a sentence, understand grammar, or finally figure out what the EU is.

Oh, and I think those of us with a mind and sense of identity have got plenty of reasons to 'rock the boat'.

Oh Dear, clutching at straws yet again. Can't think of a real argument so attempts to belittle me, and fails, again.

Why don't you stick to wearing your horrendous barber jacket, do you have matching Jack Wills jogging bottoms?

As Toontastic so rightly identified, your inability to construct a good argument, is only highlighted by daft comments that have no relation to what we are discussing.

Tbf Kezman, you were doing a good job of occupying the higher ground by ridiculing him for bringing up your spelling and grammar.  Then you started slagging off his dress sense!  :lol:

:lol:

Style tips from this little chubster? I must be doing something wrong.

How would we know? F*ck all has been done to put pressure on Ashley whatsoever, pretty much since he arrived at the club. It's quite amazing given all that's happened.

That's why he doesn't give a sh*t and thinks he can get away with anything. The way people are reacting, maybe he's bloody right.

The current regime is having a negative impact on the team. Forget about the fans. The squad is paper thin, there is a good chance it'll get weaker in January. This squad will struggle through the season and if things stay as they are I don't think we'll make it to promotion. I really don't. Injuries always tend to pile up after christmas as players start to feel the effect of the season and with some of the crocks on our books and the size of our squad, it'll be stretched to the limit. Soon as we throw those academy kids in we will drop points and you need to be winning nearly every week.

There will always be a negative atmosphere before, during and after the game while Ashley is 'running' the club. Whatever happens against Peterborough, this will be in evidence all season. This idea that protesting would somehow upset the harmony is ludicrous. The fans aren't happy and the players shouldn't be either - the total lack of squad cover has cost us plenty of points in recent weeks.

If you give an inch, he'll take a mile. How many times before people realise this? We have tried doing nothing and look where it got us. To think there are still people saying "hang on, maybe it'll all turn out alright". Unbelievable.

Sorry, I forgot, most teams in the Championship have huge squads. Actually, they don't. I don't care how thin our squad is, I don't believe there's any other squad in the league that's better.

You want to protest? Then protest. You honestly believe this guy cares about the fans? Every decision he has made tells me he's sticking with his own decisions, they aren't swayed. This a guy who didn't consider the concequences of Keegan leaving, nor did he give it a second thought in changing our stadium name, despite it been obvious that the fans would go mad.

Sure, protesting would make him listen, but do you honestly think it will make him sell the club any quicker? Angry fans or potentially an extra 50m price tag on the club come the end of season. I wonder.

if no one takes up his offer it will stay as sportsdirect.com@ and we wont get a penny

But when new ownership comes in that will be thrown out straight away. Maybe new owners would keep a brand that is bringing in money however small the amount. I'm probably wrong on that, and it would be changed regardless, but you never know.

Also, in a weird way, having it sports direct until hes gone feels more 'unofficial' as oppose to a brand name that orignally had no connection with the club (in as much as sports direct is just symbolic of who the owner is).

if no one takes up his offer it will stay as sportsdirect.com@ and we wont get a penny

But when new ownership comes in that will be thrown out straight away. Maybe new owners would keep a brand that is bringing in money however small the amount. I'm probably wrong on that, and it would be changed regardless, but you never know.

Also, in a weird way, having it sports direct until hes gone feels more 'unofficial' as oppose to a brand name that orignally had no connection with the club (in as much as sports direct is just symbolic of who the owner is).

They would unless a contract had been signed to say the board had to be there for so many years.

They would unless a contract had been signed to say the board had to be there for so many years.

There you go, good point.