Lee Clark is the old Blackpool manager

Guest toonlass

Decent shout, that.

had to put a fiver on really after suggesting it, just got 25/1 at skybet. youl feel like shit if you dont

Got that price a couple of days ago, just had a funny feeling. Worth a fiver, really.

Hopefully Lee and Mick keep well away.

If Bruce gets it.... :yao: :scared:

Well at least if Lee Clark does ever become manager of us, he'll have learnt the hard way how to manage. Shearer on the other hand, obviously has no real interest in managing or surely by now he would have decided to go and learn his trade in one of the lower divisions.

I'd be fuming if I was a Huddersfield fan having journos and fans of other clubs telling me that I'm wrong about my own team, like.

Bit like when everybody who didn't have to watch us every week slated NUFC for ditching Allardyce.

Agree with that.  It is easy to judge from a distance but fans often have a different opinion to others as they watch the team every week and stats don't always tell the whole story.  As you say Allardyce is a perfect example.  That's why it can be quite interesting to browse the forums of other clubs because you get a totally different view of a team or a player compared to the perceived media image.

Well at least if Lee Clark does ever become manager of us, he'll have learnt the hard way how to manage. Shearer on the other hand, obviously has no real interest in managing or surely by now he would have decided to go and learn his trade in one of the lower divisions.

Think Shearer would take a managerial position if he was given the financial backing. IIRC, the lack of funds was why Shearer didn't take the Cardiff job?

Apparently so, it hasn't stopped Cardiff from being in a play off position with a reasonable chance of promotion though. Anyhow a good manager should be exactly that and if he doesn't have a fortune to spend, then get the most out of the players you do have, be tactically adept, and try and bring the young and promising players in to the team when the opportunity arises.

Decent shout, that.

had to put a fiver on really after suggesting it, just got 25/1 at skybet. youl feel like shit if you dont

wish i knew that earlier like. jumped on willhill as soon as you said it. fiver but only at 20/11 :( hey ho, still an interesting shout mw, cheers for the idea! :thup:

Think Shearer would take a managerial position if he was given the financial backing. IIRC, the lack of funds was why Shearer didn't take the Cardiff job?

Whereas a team with financial backing could probably attract a good, better manager with experience. That's why I don't think Shearer will manage again.

LMA STATEMENT ISSUED REGARDING LEE CLARK

The LMA has issued the following statement in relation to Lee Clark’s departure from Huddersfield Town Football Club.

Lee Clark, said: “I am very perplexed as to why I was dismissed as the manager of Huddersfield Town. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed and shocked considering that, with just 16 games left, we are in a such great position to compete for automatic promotion.

“We built on last season’s momentum following the play-off final by creating history in the Football League record books for consecutive unbeaten games. This was an immense achievement by everybody connected with the club.

“I am massively proud of my record with Huddersfield and I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the players, coaching staff, supporters and indeed everybody at the club. I now wish them all the very best for the future and hope they will ultimately achieve promotion this season.”

Lee Clark was appointed manager of Huddersfield Town in December 2008.

Since joining the club, Clark guided Huddersfield to league finishes of 9th, 6th, 3rd respectively, and he leaves the club placed 4th in npower League One.

In his first full season at the club, Clark led Huddersfield to the play-offs where his side narrowly missed out in the semis to eventual winners Millwall. Remarkably he won the manager of the month award three times in 2009/10.

Clark would once again improve his side's league position the following campaign, as Huddersfield finished 3rd in npower League One. Huddersfield then reached the play-off final only to miss out on a place in the Championship to Peterborough.

This season, Clark created history in English football with Huddersfield by setting a new record for unbeaten matches in the npower Football League, surpassing the 42 unbeaten matches set by the great Brian Clough in 1977-1978.

Huddersfield remain in strong contention for promotion this season by being just four points off the automatic places.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6954.html

I'd be fuming if I was a Huddersfield fan having journos and fans of other clubs telling me that I'm wrong about my own team, like.

Bit like when everybody who didn't have to watch us every week slated NUFC for ditching Allardyce.

I know, winds me up no extend the s*** I heard about Allardyce, and how great Jenas was at the time he was here, from people who just watch MotD.

It's like everyone saying Suarez is racist, but Liverpool fans know he's not really  :yao: