Preston NE vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/11/09 7:45pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Ranger won't start either, definetly not fancied by Hughton.

:lol: Aye, he's only played in every single first team game this season.

Notice the word 'start' in there?

And no, he hasn't.

Back up the claim that Hughton 'doesn't fancy him'. Think it's a load of absolute toss personally. He's 18 ffs.

Guest Alan_Shearer

I brought 3 tickets for 16-20 year olds but we are all 21, cause i thought it would be a scan jobby but the stewards rip the thing off, do you think they will check or just not look cause of the pressure of hundreds of geordies trying to get into the game?

I think we should go for them from the off. This is the team i'd like to see but accept that he'll probably play safe with Butt and/or Smith a combination who struggled against sheffield away in my opinion (yes i know we won, but we really struggled in central midfield, allowing them numerous chances).

Harper

Simpson      Taylor      Coloccini        Enrique

Raylor            Nolan      Guthrie        Gutierrez

Ranger

Carroll

Subs- Krul, Kadar, Butt, Smith, Geremi, Lovenkrands, Harewood

Never ever going to happen that mate

Maybe when we are behind and desperately need a goal it stands a chance. But yes even i'd be surprised if he went that attacking from the kick off. Arguably our most attacking and best team though.

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe when we are behind and desperately need a goal it stands a chance. But yes even i'd be surprised if he went that attacking from the kick off. Arguably our most attacking and best team though.

The chance of Hughton ever willingly picking a team without Smith/Butt/Harewood and with nobody out of position is ZERO. Besides isnt Jonas a doubt?

I'd like to see 442 with Nolan in midfield as it'll give us the best chance of getting some goals, can't see it happening though, we'll play Nolan off Carrol. I reckon 442 diamond is our best bet at the moment.

The chance of Hughton ever willingly picking a team without Smith/Butt/Harewood and with nobody out of position is ZERO. Besides isnt Jonas a doubt?

I'm fairly sure he was passed fit already.

Seemed a decent bloke. Was saying how the dressing room is like an old-fashioned one with how the players have dug deep together and knuckled down to putting last year right. Praised the senior players, said he'd have hated playing against Carroll as a centre-back, and that he eventually wants to manage himself again one day, but is happy with the club and players he's working with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8366502.stm

- Midfielder Michael Tonge could make his Preston debut after joining on loan from Stoke as North End look to win for the first time in four attempts.

- Richard Chaplow and Stephen Elliott are both available for selection after shaking off minor niggles.

- Newcastle are waiting for new signing French winger Fabrice Pancrate to receive clearance to play.

- Jonas Gutierrez is fit after a thigh injury but Shola Ameobi is not yet ready and Zurab Khizanishvili banned.