Preston NE 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/11/09 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

Guest The_Scoreboard

Carroll ill apparently. So prob why he was taken off early.

Raylor and Carroll....Hope we're not coming down with Swine flu.

Raylor calf strain according to club site

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

Harsh on Guthrie imo, otherwise more or less bang on.

He was woeful at times man. He gave the ball away far too much.

And then set up the winner. Made mistakes tonight, but hes one of our better midfielders.

How unbelievably lazy is Harewood. We should start Carroll and Loven upfront with Ranger the first striker off the bench.

Harewood just goes through the motions out there. No sense of urgency whatsoever. Physically he has some great tools but talk about a lack of desire, heart or fight. My goodness.

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

And then set up the winner. Made mistakes tonight, but hes one of our better midfielders.

I know he set up the winner but he made too many mistakes. I'm not going to ignore it just because he's one of our better players.

Once again we've proven that we're playing in a very poor league.

Nolan scored but did very little else during the game but at least he always gives us an option up front.  Guthrie is wasted on the right and offers no width but that seems to pass by Hughton.  Carroll and Harewood offered nothing at all although they didn't get too much service from our midfielders.

I'm not sure we deserved 3 points but neither did they, they are just an average team in this league.

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, could open up a very nice gap, should all be straightforward up til the boro match (apart from Swansea maybe) but we should definitely be looking at 12 from the next 4.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

I know he set up the winner but he made too many mistakes. I'm not going to ignore it just because he's one of our better players.

If you're not going to ignore that then are you also not going to ignore the fact that he was playing out of position? He wasn't all that good, but he was far from woeful.

I don't think I ever saw a good footballer like Ranger since Beardsly at this football club.... Fucking love the man

Great talent. A bit frustrating at this stage of his career. There were a couple of times when he stood and watched instead of attacking the box.

The comparison to Beardsley is a bit daft but the lad has got a superb presence up front. Fantastic feet, pace and clever hold up play. He always makes an impact when he's on the pitch.

Guest palnese

Fuck me that was poor. How on earth is Harewood a footballer?

Guthrie must play in the middle or not at all.

And thank fuck for Kevin Nolan.

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

If you're not going to ignore that then are you also not going to ignore the fact that he was playing out of position? He wasn't all that good, but he was far from woeful.

Guthrie went missing in the first half but in the second he showed, held the ball well and ran forwards with it. Nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

Another close game with very little quality to shout about, but you got the vital goal through someone who's in good form, and your defence was relatively untroubled. You'll easily come straight back up.

Guest firetotheworks

Comparisons to Beardsley surely aren't serious.

They're beyond a wind up. Not even believable enough for the stupidest of people to bite.