Kevin Nolan on the radio tonight

Guest BBC Total Sport

The 29-year-old has had plenty of praise heaped on him this season but, while delighted to receive personal recognition, his ultimate aim is to help Newcastle return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

:nope:

I reckon he could be off in January like. I could see someone like Blackburn or Hull taking a punt on him.

I don't think he'd want to go; but i think we should make him Captain just to make absolutely sure. He's blatantly the number one candidate for such a title anyway. I like Smith but the second half against Swansea proved why he's never gonna be a great Captain. For some reason he's desperate to instill an "i am the hardest, we all know this, get used to it please" approach... yet when summat goes against him, he's either mouthing off to the ref or wallowing into a ball of misery - like with his miss towards the end, Taylor had to go over and hug the wee bairn.

I reckon he could be off in January like. I could see someone like Blackburn or Hull taking a punt on him.

Blackburn would make sense imo with Allardyce having been his manager at Bolton before. But of course I really hope he stays.

I reckon he would like to see the season out and see if we get promoted.  He's been used to playing at Bolton in front of small crowds so I think he is probably enjoying playing football in a football mad city for a change.  If we get promoted, I am sure that would make us a more attractive option that the likes of Bolton and Blackburn.  And if we don't, then he will be off at the end of the season with most of the others anyway.

Blackburn would make sense imo with Allardyce having been his manager at Bolton before. But of course I really hope he stays.

Can't see him thinking either of them is a more attractive proposition than staying.

Nicer city, bigger wages and only in a lower placed position for another 10 or 12 months.

Blackburn won't get relegated this year nor the next and most people seem to think we're going straight back down next season without investment (which won't take place) so he'd leave to play PL football season on season.