Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - 28/11/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Nate

I was pleased with the sponsors getting the MOTM correct for a change. Coloccini a total cut above, you knew the Swansea attack was over when the ball went anywhere near him.

I'm pleased as well because like Enrique who also got stick early on, it's clear that Colo has some great defensive qualities. If we get promoted and don't sell him he's one of the few in this squad with the class to step up.

You must have a very short memory mate!

He didn't look that good last season, I wonder what's changed. Oh yes, he's playing against 3rd rate strikers, in a division where Shola has looked a world beater.

I don't have a short memory, I didn't think he was as bad as people were making out last season and said so at the time. I actually thought he'd struggle more in this division with it being more physical but he's done well.

Beats being interested in their Brothers.!!!!!!  Still above you in the league. How did Mr Risdale do in court the other day.

Fair play, he's ripped a horrible club like Leeds apart, now he's doing the same to you lot.

Only a matter of time before CCFC rise above the vermin.

Ridsdale is a tosser who will hopefully be gone soon.

I pity you living in Swansea-an absolute fleapit of a smack ravaged town-it is the welsh version of Liverpool/Bristol/Sunderland.

Don't pity me fella. Swansea is a great place for me. I got no beef with Cardiff City as a place its not bad, but the club and its fans, just horrible. Never mind this is not the place for this kind of argument. I think I'll go to bed now I am going swimming down Swansea Bay in the morning, have you ever tried that??????

Aye from what I've seen and heard I reckon Colo will be able to step up well next year. If he gets confidence from good reactions to his performances he'll go far. hoping he could be nearly as good as Woodgate was.

Lovenkrands is a player of premiership quality for the likes of the Birminghams, Stokes etc. He as to play for us If he can keep it. He's our only really quick player.

i'm just wondering if the 'switch off' in the second half isn't down to having the game game won and closing it out  and in this league,knowing they have the experience to do it. same thing seemed to happen against posh.

i'm just wondering if the 'switch off' in the second half isn't down to having the game game won and closing it out  and in this league,knowing they have the experience to do it. same thing seemed to happen against posh.

Annoying though because we still struggle - we can't keep the fucking ball for a start. Luckily we have the best collection of goalscorers in the league and the best collection of goalkeepers in the league and that's what makes the difference more or less every week.

Annoying though because we still struggle - we can't keep the fucking ball for a start. Luckily we have the best collection of goalscorers in the league and the best collection of goalkeepers in the league and that's what makes the difference more or less every week.

Or it might just be we are well organised defensively and goals scored tend to be worth their weight in gold.

Annoying though because we still struggle - we can't keep the f***ing ball for a start. Luckily we have the best collection of goalscorers in the league and the best collection of goalkeepers in the league and that's what makes the difference more or less every week.

Or it might just be we are well organised defensively and goals scored tend to be worth their weight in gold.

both kind of what i'm getting at.

We're not that well organised. Harper and Krul have both had to make two very good saves each today and we've cleared off the line at least twice too. In terms of finishing we're ridiculously far ahead of the majority.

We're not that well organised. Harper and Krul have both had to make two very good saves each today and we've cleared off the line at least twice too. In terms of finishing we're ridiculously far ahead of the majority.

wasn't there today ( :weep:)but did we clear two off the line ? if so i never heard. after watching the highlights haper made one good save. the other looked good but you'd slag off any keeper who'd let it in.

We defend as a team, that means we are pretty well organised as far as I'm concerned. Five straight wins and a string of clean sheets might just be a coincidence of course.

Thought Colo was very good today, swept up danger on a number of occasion.

Was surprised that the attendence was lower, thought it looked just as full.

Smith's miss :facepalm:

They said on't radio that the attendance seemed to be the highest so far this season...

Also, thought Jonas was shocking today apart from that cross, lost the ball practically every time he got it, and thought it was one of the, if not the worst performances this season for Jose, but he's been class overall.

jst got back. today was a lot of fun hahaha. it was fun in the secod halfa nd it was a shem we took the foot off ghe gas in the secoind half. lovenkrands was eally fast and haewood was a menace in the air lol. we deserved the win even though they put  some prssure on in the second ahlf. the best thing about today was that we played as a team and even though they put pressure on we never looked like conceding even though they had some lear cut changes - its hard to describe but i a happy top f the league woooooooooooooo

jst got back. today was a lot of fun hahaha. it was fun in the secod halfa nd it was a shem we took the foot off ghe gas in the secoind half. lovenkrands was eally fast and haewood was a menace in the air lol. we deserved the win even though they put  some prssure on in the second ahlf. the best thing about today was that we played as a team and even though they put pressure on we never looked like conceding even though they had some lear cut changes - its hard to describe but i a happy top f the league woooooooooooooo

:lol: Rough night?

Don't know if some of you that have posted even watched the game :angry: Easy "fuck was it" they trounced us second half and made us look second rate, midfield switched off and had it not been for our back line and our keepers then that 3 goal lead/win would have been swallowed up by them..

Are you serious?  :dowie:  We had the game won after half an hour and took our foot off the peddle.  We sat back and allowed them possession and they couldn't score.  Had they gotten at least one and threatened more then I might agree but they didn't.  Possession (especially when its afforded too you) means fuck all if you can't turn it into goals.  The fact is at no stage in the game did they ever realistically look as if they could take the lead away from us.

Oh and on a side note Coloccini was absolutely brilliant, totally flawless and I was really happy to see him get the man of the match.  :colo:

Funny, just as the criticism of Harewood were reaching new hights, he scores twice hehe...

I see no reason at all to change this team for the next game against Watford, i've only seen the goals on sky and it looked good. Watford got beaten 3-0 at Palace and they seem like a poor away team, so we should win. 9 points the next 3 games?  :celb: :celb: :celb:

Aye from what I've seen and heard I reckon Colo will be able to step up well next year. If he gets confidence from good reactions to his performances he'll go far. hoping he could be nearly as good as Woodgate was.

Lovenkrands is a player of premiership quality for the likes of the Birminghams, Stokes etc. He as to play for us If he can keep it. He's our only really quick player.

:fishing: Based on what exactly?

:fishing: Based on what exactly?

Fuck knows. I'd settle for him not looking as bad as Boumsong first.

Guest Andover Bluebird

[Don't pity me fella. Swansea is a great place for me. I got no beef with Cardiff City as a place its not bad, but the club and its fans, just horrible. Never mind this is not the place for this kind of argument. I think I'll go to bed now I am going swimming down Swansea Bay in the morning, have you ever tried that??????

Obviously you are a smack head if you think swansea is a great place.

As regards swimming down swansea bay i've been to the gower a couple of times.  Quite clearly you have issues and believe what the locals in twintown say about a hooligan incident that goes back 20plus years when 50 jacks chased a load of Cardiff teenagers into the sea.  The fact that is their only off field result against cardiff makes the unwashed pikeys think that they can harp on about it whenever Cardiff is mentioned. To be honest i find it laughable that even their mascot and players do the 'Swimaway' at our fans and players. 

Possibly the worst 3-0 win i've ever seen. Happy for the result don't get me wrong but we didn't deserve that big a winning margin and really didn't play well. All credit to our defence who did well for us.

Whatever happened to the "Why can't we play badly and win ???" people ?

Or are they complaining because we did ?

Possibly the worst 3-0 win i've ever seen. Happy for the result don't get me wrong but we didn't deserve that big a winning margin and really didn't play well. All credit to our defence who did well for us.

Whatever happened to the "Why can't we play badly and win ???" people ?

Or are they complaining because we did ?

We were at home to Swansea ffs